Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie AWKWARD

So I ordered Siege Smokescreen from Pulse. It didn't list him as a preorder, but on his actual page, it said "preorder through May." Any thoughts on what that means, or if he's actually in stock?

2. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    1x Impactor at the Burnsville Target.

3. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Saw 2 Mirage, 2 Barricade, and 2 Impactor at Coon Rapids Target.

Broke down and bought one of the Impactors even though I have no real knowledge of the character other than he's from the comics, and I'm actually impressed with him...I like him better than Mirage even.

4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid "See see Seacons!"

News Credits:
    Cedar Cliff picked up three collections worth of stuff in the past few weeks. Mostly Unicron Trilogy, Animated, and a mix of Beast Machines.

Also a Star Convoy reissue and a KO Road Ceasar MIB.

Go digging, something for everyone there.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Edina Target had a couple of the Laserbeak/Ravage Siege packs. Have not seen them in a while.

6. Matt Overholser

Matt Overholser Well-Known Member

With it being the middle to late October already, has anyone seen the Walgreens ratchet yet?

7. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie AWKWARD

Nope, I've been checking. And the only ebay sellers are currently in Singapore or Canada, so I don't think he's made a US appearance yet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    To whom it may concern, the final two Seacons have been listed on Pulse and will be available for Pre-order until 10/29.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie AWKWARD

I didn't know there were pre-order end dates. That's annoying. If I try to add Snaptrap to my cart, it still lets me, even though his end date was 8/27. What do these even mean?

10. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    The first four Seacons had preorder windows that have come and gone. You can add them to your cart but Pulse won't let you check out.

The assumption is Takara is taking pre-orders prior to actually putting them into production...so they need the window to make sure they make enough but don't sell more POs than they're making.

11. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie AWKWARD

Wait. They're only making enough to cover pre-orders and that's IT? So it's basically Unicron again?

These exclusives are out of hand. Too many, too confusing, and it's making me want to quit the hobby.

12. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    I dunno, where it's not up-front payment w/the preorders (aside from Unicron, which makes sense), and you can cancel stuff at any time, I'm of the mindset of "if you want it, preorder" because then you're not really out anything either way.

13. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie AWKWARD

The idea that you HAVE to pre-order or miss out, and they haven't been clear that that is the case...that's what bothers me. And when they have all these other exclusives, in different outlets, I need to prioritize, since I just dropped $625 on Unicron. It's just impossible to keep track of for me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    It's "basically Unicron" except everyone who preorders the Seacons is going to get Seacons. My assumption is they're testing the waters with these new Legends/Selects they're doing and don't want to overproduce. Which is fair considering Takara so far has been doing retooling jobs versus Hasbro releasing repaints (with new heads).

The Seacons are TTMail exclusives. When they were announced in Japan it was with a deadline to place orders.

What hasn't been done, so far, is Hasbro communicating the relationship between them and Takara regarding these types of exclusives (Star Convoy, Seacons, Siege Nemesis, etc). But in each case, when the Seacon listing went live on Pulse they included a deadline to order.

Yep. And in the case of the Seacons you won't be charged until they are shipped (same as Star Convoy)

15. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie AWKWARD

As a strategy, it's fine, but again...I'm a serious collector, checking boards everyday. If it wasn't for your post today, I would have had no idea that there WAS a strategy. Am I supposed to make my own spreadsheet of all the exclusives and release dates and when I have to order by? It sounds like you guys don't mind, but I can't be the only one that has a problem with this.

16. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I'm not excusing Hasbro for poorly communicating these POs, but the Seacon thread itself has been kept up-to-date. (Which is a big thread to dig through if you're not sure what you're looking for.)

I'd cautiously also put some blame on the TFW Newshounds. Beyond the initial announcements, there hasn't been much news on the front page tracking the Seacon project. I think each time they revealed a new trio the story went up on the front page...but there were never updates on the front page when the Pulse POs went live.

17. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie AWKWARD

Totally, news posts would have been very helpful. I don't have the time to look through every thread on every figure. I still think the strategy of pre-orders ONLY was not well-publicized, especially when that's a new business model for Transformers.

EDIT: I hope it doesn't seem like I'm pissed at YOU....if it wasn't for you I would've completely missed all of this. So seriously... thank you for that.

More broadly, and OT.... as stressful as life/the world is right now, it's nice to have TF as a distraction. But when collecting itself becomes stressful instead of fun, I guess I need to personally decide whether this "brings me joy" or not.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Matt Overholser

I didn’t realize that there was a window you had to preorder by, is there another site you can order the seacons from?

19. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie AWKWARD

TFsource was the only other place taking pre-orders, so I preorder everyone except Nautilator, who was sold out. It also looks like got the last Seawing for now. But the other four were available earlier today.

I'm gonna assume ordering through TFsource isn't as sure a thing as from Pulse - we'll have to see if any orders get cancelled. Interestingly, they're listed at the same price as on Pulse, which either means they have a separate source for them, OR they don't understand the situation either.

20. Matt Overholser

No they are $5 more.