Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Willmar Target had the bb movie prime and Rampage SS wave in... And current Siege Voyager wave.. so they had A Thunder cracker... So I brought it to the front and told the CSM... You can't sell this until the 6th... so she doesn't believe me... Tries to scan it... Mind blown.... Wounded how I knew.. I just laughed.
    I mentioned I didn't want them to have to take it away from a kid so they should keep it off the shelf till it can be sold. Walmart doesn't have shit...

2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I just realized I've been seeing KSI Boss, Rampage and Long Haul *everywhere* and not a single BB Prime.

3. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Got Siege Thundercracker today at the Walmart right across the street from the Target I first attempted to buy him at but couldn't in Andover. They also had a bunch of G1 Soundwaves for those still looking.

4. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Should have brought it over to the customer service desk at Target and let them know they lost a sale. Wouldn't have solved anything, but it would have been a satisfying act nonetheless...

5. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    Yeah, nothing's more fun than picking on some poor random customer service person while they don't give a shit about what you're saying. XD

6. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I dunno about that...picking on some poor customer that has the audacity to try and buy a toy that the store put out on the shelf might edge it out in fun factor. The whole thing is just fucking stupid. Especially when there is absolutely no reason to street date these things! It's not like it's some blockbuster movie product or a new cartoon series they need to time the release with. And I say this as a 100% neutral party as I'm not buying any of them so I couldn't give any less shits when they're available to buy.

7. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    Yeah but the customer service person doesn't deserve to get hassled.

8. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Who said anything about hassling them? Letting them know their policy that nobody else goes by isn't hassling.

9. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!!

News Credits:
    If you really want to take it to guest service, might as well bring along your Wal-mart receipt, ask for the store manager, and explain the issue to them. Maaaaaybe then something will go up the flag pole.

10. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Right now, with the reveal of the Earth mode Optimus Prime with trailer for the next part of the War For Cybertron trilogy, and given one of the listings of this list that was revealed is Earth Starscream, I'm beginning to wonder if I should have bought all the Seekers. LOL

11. Snarlus Prime

Snarlus Prime Well-Known Member

Is anyone else having trouble getting email notices from the board? Mine works for weeks and then randomly I stop getting the emails when people post...

12. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

It only sends one...then you have to visit the thread before you'll receive another. It won't alert you to every reply.

13. Snarlus Prime

I know i won't get one for every reply. But I visit and then never get a notice again until I remember and come here on my own...

14. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Try unwatching the thread (above the first post on the page) then rewatch it and select with email notifications...

15. Snarlus Prime

Worth a shot - thanks!

16. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Here's your test...did it work? :) 

17. Snarlus Prime

Yup!

• Like Like x 1
  18. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

I've had that happen multiple times and I think it is usually user error (at least with me). I'll get the email and go to the thread and not realize there is another page. Since I didn't visit all the way to the end, it won't mark the thread as read for me and thus doesn't send another notice until I actually go back and get to the end of the thread. Also I've had it where a new reply will come in while I'm reading the thread and so another email notice will come in without me seeing it. Since I have threaded view in Gmail, when I go back and delete the original notice (thinking I'm caught up) it also deletes the new notice that came while I was reading it. Again, since now at that point I haven't read to the end of the thread, it won't send another notice to me until I do so.

Unwatching and rewatching the thread should effectively reset it of course. It should also start working again if you just go to the thread and read (or at least load in your browser) all the way to the end.

19. Snarlus Prime

Ah ha! I bet this is it as it happens to me multiple times/year. Thanks!

20. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    The person running the checkout, as well as the person at the Customer Service counter, have *zero* control over the policy.
    *THIS*

The best you can do is politely point out the policy sucks and hope they'll raise the concern up the stack. Because it is dumb that they put the stuff on the shelf, but since the figure is street-dated but not the case itself...the people putting it on the shelf can't help either.