Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    PM'd!

2. Bot Hunter1138

Bot Hunter1138 Customizer

Stopped by Richfield Target and saw a set of the Rainmakers, 2 set of the Micromasters, I want to say 2 Alpha Trions, and 2 Long Hauls (1 was left behind).
    I like that the new one is not as gangly as the ROTF version. It’s almost like they are two separate characters.

• Like Like x 1
  3. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Went to Andover Walmart because it had showed they dropped in quantity of G1 Soundwave earlier in the day. Unfortunately they were out but managed to get both cassette packs (last ones so they are out now). Backing was a bit beat up but grabbed them for now.

Checked and the Blaine East Walmart (by Fleet Farm) also dropped to quantity 4 so ran down there. They had 2 on the shelf. Had to choose either the one with the bent box or the one with better box but worse stickers. Even though I strive for nice boxes, rather have better looking figure so I got the one with better stickers. If they are going to put them on so sloppy I wish they just include a sheet and let us do it! Anyway the other one is still there and stickers are ok, just not quite as good as the one I grabbed (but box is just about perfect!).

I have them secured for now, but not going to open for awhile in case I come across some better packaging or stickers so I can swap them out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sagisarius

Sagisarius Member

Oy, I've checked Midway Walmart, Brooklyn Park, and Fridley this week and found nothing. Though they all have the shelves labeled for it. Hoping one of them gets it soon.

5. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid "See see Seacons!"

News Credits:
    Shako Walmart had the cassette bots. Took one set for @einhazard and left two sets behind.

Shout-out to the guy who was there with a handful of cassette bots just as I got there. Was gonna say hi but wasn't 100% sure he was one of the regulars here.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

Grabbed 1 of the 2 last sets of tapes @ Woodbury after work. Looks like one may be a return ? Seeing black Sharpie over some of the defects on one of the cards. I don't really care..just glad to be done with this G1 reissue stuff....for now.

94 was a fucking mess heading East around 4:30. Never again.

7. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Shoutout to @Cloudraker for helping me finally land my Holy Grail!

20190809_170603.jpg

In the process of purging and reorganizing my collection, going to finally be able to do that cast display and not have this hole mocking me!

These Japanese figures are some serious gems.

• Like Like x 2
  8. einhazard

News Credits:
    Richfield Target had 2 long hauls, 2 KSI bosses, and 2 micromaster sets. I took one of the micromaster sets home.
    They also had a couple pteraxadons as well, which I figured I'd mention since I haven't seen it around much.

9. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    So every Walmart in the area went from 3-4 to TWENTY or so SS Deluxes last night.

HAPPY HUNTING.

10. deusxanime

Kept forgetting to edit/add the note, and since it has been a couple days now it might be gone, but there was also a Jetfire and a couple Reflectors at the Blaine East Walmart. Jetfire was oddly placed though, he was way away from the other TFs over by some Jurassic Park and other stuff. I thought it was weird and maybe someone just moved him or put him down in the wrong spot, but there was a proper shelf tag under him! Not sure why he was over there, but just FYI to keep an eye out if you are trying to find him in the wild.

11. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie AWKWARD

Would anyone be willing to be my mule for the cassette packs? The only Wal-Mart remotely near me is Bloomington, and they're terrible.

I can reimburse someone via PayPal even before picking them up from you. I just want one nice (or at least decent) carded set.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Walmart seems to have set up a "Collectors" area of the toy aisle now where large scale or exclusive items such as Siege Jetfire and the 80th Anniversary Marvel Legends figures are set. I know this simply cause I had gone to WAY TOO MANY Walmarts this last week looking for the Walmart exclusive 80th Anniversary Captain America figure.

I'm just glad to be done searching for now...all those Walmarts...ugh. Was at one this past week where a guy's van burst into flames and lit up the van next to it that had two kids inside so all the Emergency stuff was there and a large chunk of the parking lot was closed off.

13. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Eagan Walmart reset is a bust. All WWII Bee wave and Brunt/Refractor.

They did have two Jetfire, though. And at least one set of cassettes. Did not see Soundwave, and for as patient as my kid was he didn't give me the opportunity to check for tags.

(Also, Jetfire's tag wasn't near the TFs here either. He was closer to the Toy Story stuff.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  14. deusxanime

That was at the Fridley Walmart. Pretty sketchy place, I only go there if I have to. I think the only one that I've seen that is worse is Brooklyn Park WM.

15. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    I always call it the "Northtown Walmart" since it's right across from the Northtown Mall. And yeah, I do not like going into either of those stores as you can tell they're in bad areas.

16. Cloudraker

Cloudraker on auto-pilot

Hey wasn’t someone looking for these guys a few months back?

3FD3B10A-5AFF-435F-B44E-36E1AACA7019.jpeg

17. einhazard

News Credits:
    I'll keep my eyes peeled, though I usually only hit EP, Bloomington, and Shako. I usually avoid Bloomington too. It's almost like the fact that there are police parked there literally all the time makes it seem dangerous or something.

Depending on what happened, those kids either had a really bad day or a really metal one.

CW Stuff so prolly @T-Hybrid, though I'm assuming he has them now.

18. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I was looking about a year ago or so. Though I eventually nabbed the Dogfight/Runamuck set from Hiro and spent just a bit more than I'm proud of to land Runabout and Overdrive.

My gaps are Botcon 2016 Ratchet, TFCC Impactor, TFCC Bluestreak, UW Grand Scourge, and the Golden Ticket Flash Sentry from Botcon 2016.

I know, I know, it's an addiction.

19. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Shoot, sorry I saw this too late. If Bloomington is in your range it wouldn't be too hard for me to get them to you if I see them again.

I'll keep you posted.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RickRockRoll

RickRockRoll Member

Finally grabbed my Springer at Edina Target and 10-pack & Rainmaker at Midway Target. Today’s goal is hunting for Siege Jetfire. Let’s roll out!