Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Cloudraker

Cloudraker on auto-pilot

Sweet I'll still have em lmk :) 

2. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Was at Blaine 109th Target earlier today and they had hobo Megs and Prowl.

3. GodzillaHop

GodzillaHop Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Found a Siege Springer at the Champlin Target today, but was not able to actually buy it when I got to the checkout.

4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Oh goodie. This again.

5. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    If anybody would like to stare longingly at a Galaxy Prime while they pick up one of the new Deception Car Team Micromasters, Richfield Target is where it's at.

6. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!!

News Credits:
    Makes me wonder if BBTS, TFsource, etc already have Springer and other new stuff in stock, but they can't sell them either.

7. vicious7171

vicious7171 chillin like a villain

Picked up a lone Springer at Champlin Target, rang it up with Megatron to avoid any sort of street date nonsense

8. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!!

News Credits:
    Clever! Did Springer initially get denied, but then they just scanned Megatron again?

9. vicious7171

I had read in the Illinois finding board that someone was denied Springer today at Target due to street date. Instead of risking rejection, I just took it to a self-checkout and scanned Megatron and bagged Springer instead. According to the receipt, it's the same item.

I don't know why they link their POS system with their online inventory counts. The new price scanners around the store don't even properly check stock, they just look up the online listing for the item you're scanning. According to the scanners, both items I bought today weren't in stock.

Since both these machines are tied to their website's pricing, nothing on clearance rings up properly, either. It's just a terrible way to run a store.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bumblebee bug 1

Bumblebee bug 1 Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Picked up Springer from hot comics in Richfield this morning. Tried to get it yesterday, but it was street dated for them too. Thankfully for only one day though, and they put it on hold for me.

11. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    *gets back from trip, boots up computer*

...well crap. Sorry dude. >< Last couple days were a lot of running around and I totally didn't look at the boards until now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Eeeeehhhh.... I'm not 100% on board with that choice. Especially if they're redoing their inventory.

Now there's a Springer in the system they'll never sell and an extra Megatron they can't account for in inventory.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Does anybody remember all this street date madness in the previous Transformer lines? (Combiner Wars, Titans Return, Power of the Primes)

It just seems weird that there's this huge crackdown on street dates for Hasbro toys now. I was going to pick up the Marvel Legends Spider-Man: Homecoming 2-pk (yellow jacket wearing Spider-Man and MJ), but it was street date denied, and then I have yet to see the 2 pack again.

14. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    I wonder if it's more than Hasbro, though? I ran into it with the Tamagotchi anniversary remakes last year already.

15. Bumblebee bug 1

Bumblebee bug 1 Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I've had the same problem with a Lego Thor Ragnarok set before at Target, too. The street date on that was about a week after I attempted to buy it.

16. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Nbd, my fault for not deciding to get him until it was too late and by then he was out of all the stores. Hopefully they'll restock him eventually. Would have been a double bonus to not only find him but also on clearance!

What is even going on with the G1 reissues at Walmart? Seems like it has been a long time since they've released any new ones and I thought they were going to be coming out with Soundwave and a couple others soon (or already)?

17. Riddler87

Riddler87 semi-retired transformers collector

Found a Springer at the St. Paul Wal-mart today. They only had one that I scooped up along with a Marvel Legends War Machine. So he's not there anymore but he's out there so keep looking. I was reall yhappy because I thought I wouldn't find him until July.

18. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Never had this problem with the Prime Trilogy. It's gotta be something going on at Hasbro that's throwing everybody off. Because I've seen the cases and they aren't marked as street date, and as we've seen with Prime and now Springer it's only the new figure in the case.

19. vicious7171

I understand that sentiment. But that's not how Target orders new stock. The DPCI counts them all as the same. If the stock of Voyagers goes under 3, they will request more stock. If they have 3 Voyagers, it doesn't matter who they have, they won't stock any more.

Regardless, hope there's no hard feelings. I bought Springer solely for myself because I wanted it :D 

• Like Like x 1
  20. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Yeah no hard feelings if that's what you're going to do. Just wanted to have someone in the thread on record acknowledging the moral grey area that is scanning one item to buy another.

SALES UPDATE:
    The list is available here. It's still likely not everything and I don't have prices up just yet, but feel free to DM offers. Would prefer not to have to deal with shipping. The stuff on my "maybe" list is up for grabs for the right offer. If there's anything you see and are curious what else I may have, let me know and maybe it can be available too.

• Like Like x 1