Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

News Credits:
    I want a ss Jetfire bad....but I don't know if I want him "downtown bad".

2. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Given I decided to get the robots from the 2007 Transformers film at the most from the SS line, I picked up SS Bonecrusher yesterday from the SuperTarget along Highway 65 in Blaine.

He's certainly way better than the older figures made of him. Plus he's not too hard to transform despite the instructions he came with making it seem like he'd be complicated. Like there's 5 of the 33 steps just for his mine sweeper claw thing!

3. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

A lot of the SS figures have felt 'complex' to me on the first go-round, but then they're pretty straightforward. I like how beefy Bonecrusher looks in bot mode. Does yours have trouble not being super gappy in vehicle mode?

Nothing of note at Bloomington Target yesterday, but they do have tags down for the new Power Rangers series. Let's see how hasbro does with that one...

4. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    So some insight from Eagan Walmart, apparently a bunch of stuff (TFs included) are "Supply out."

Meaning the warehouse is struggling to keep up distribution and they don't know when there'll be more stock.

5. ServO

News Credits:
    If you want to see something really sad, check out the toy aisle at Bloomington Walmart.

6. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Or Inver Grove Heights Walmart...I was there a couple weeks ago and I decided to look to see what they had for TFs. I literally couldn't find the TF section. As far as I could tell, they had zero TFs. I walked up and down all the toy aisles, and the most logical ones I walked up and down several times. Nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think those 2 Walmarts are 2 of the 4 or so metro Walmarts that have pretty much cut off the "Adult" action figures. No Marvel Legends, Starwars Black Series and I guess Transformers now too. I didn't realize some Walmarts got rid of TFs.

• Like Like x 2
  8. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I gotta wonder if this is all related. Like, if there's something going on with the warehouses (who knows which stores are in the same distribution circles) are the stores responding by just ditching those particular products?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Riddler87

Riddler87 Well-Known Member

So it probably isn't worth it to check the Midway Wal-Mart for Transformers anymore, becaus I'm betting that they are another store that has been cut off.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  10. einhazard

Is there any actual proof about WalMart cutting off adult toys anywhere? Interesting, but I hadn't heard that was a thing.

11. ServO

News Credits:
    It might be a loss prevention thing...
    You know your Walmart is bad when the batteries are locked up in a case next to the cigarettes, and there's a permanent city police desk at the front door.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Midway Wally is still worth checking, they still carry all those lines.

It's out of your way but if you ever have time go to Inver Grove Heights Walmart, you won't even find pegs for Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black, and now I'm assuming Transformers? I haven't been there in a while but they were selling TFs the last time I was there.

Keep in mind this is store specific only, obviously not all Walmarts are getting rid of action figures.

13. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

My assumption in the case of IGH Walmart...I think they're just limited on space and therefore have to make choices on what to carry. Their soda selection was also extremely limited and only like a quarter of an aisle. I think I was looking for cans of root beer for my kid and they didn't have that...or something goofy like that.

14. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Can't rob a place if they don't sell things people want.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rodimus Pie

Rodimus Pie AWKWARD

There have been a number of times where an item shows as in stock at Wal-Mart but the employees can't find them in the warehouse. I ordered a cheap bedding set for store pickup and when I got there, they had no idea where it was. Wal-Mart's inventory system is so screwed up, they must lose millions a year.

16. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

IMG_20190306_174254978.jpg
    Not mine but expecting this box on Friday

• Like Like x 4
  17. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Oh God I'd be terrified if it was sitting like that.

18. Cloudraker

Cloudraker on auto-pilot

Gawd that's gotta be like the us flagg for today. I still remember when hot comics in gv had one on display several years back. Wow what a sight, yet I can recall seeing the Flagg at retail and how absolutely huge it was boxed. Quite impressive to behold. I had the night raven (?) and Wild Bills copter at that time and would picture them placed on deck. Those were the days.

Seeing how well siege has moved combined with overall lack of stock
    any help with wv2 deluxe and voyagers will be incredible, can and will meet with anyone at anytime. I've been picking up a few random things from retail depending on availability then resorting to online for others. I suppose the same scenario for the newest botbots once released.

19. einhazard

I was gonna say check Pulse, but it looks like they're sold out. O_O Everything after wave 2 is still up tho, so I imagine they just closed preorders for w2 for the time being.

Also: Holy cow, that sail barge is big. Closest thing I ever had to that was the box for MakeToys Pandinus, which my wife could hide behind. XD

20. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Secret Walmart is completely out of Transformers. Same "Out of Stock" signs as in Eagan.

Wowza.