Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah man, list them here...you might be able to move a bunch before going to an outside source.
    Also, If you bring them to Hot Comics, you would get more in store credit/trade than outright selling them.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    I have sold to Hot Comics in the past, but the two times I did were when I sold off all my Masters of the Universe Classics and more recently all my S.H. Figuarts (which was mainly Super Sentai/Power Rangers).

With the Masters of the Universe Classics, of which I had almost every figure put out in the line, I got better than I expected for them, but with the S.H. Figuarts, I got a better deal with store credit than cash.

Remember that selling to businesses, that they have to make a profit and obviously they're not gonna give you probably what you feel you should get, but as others have said, if you're just looking to get rid of a bunch of stuff right away...

What exactly do you have Transformers wise to sell? I know I've talked to Mike at Hot Comics a lot (he's the guy that buys the toys at Hot Comics), and the ones that they generally look for are gonna be mainly G1 stuff given those still bring in a lot of cash. Heck, a while back someone sold their entire collection, which is how I managed to get a lot of G1 stuff recently.

And speaking of Mike, you have to hope he hasn't bought someone else's collection that week as it seems everyone is trying to sell their stuff to Hot Comics lately, so it kinda swamps him and makes it so he might not be able to legit look through your stuff that week and give an offer as he has already paid for someone else's stuff. When I sold my S.H. Figuarts, it took an extra week cause he had already bought a guy's Transformers collection that week I went in.

3. Grimmrock

Grimmrock Dinobot

Hey Guys! I have been absent from TF Collecting for a long, long time, but have worked through some things and starting to get back in the game. I'm still mostly collecting Star Wars and Marvel Legends, but I hit the the SW Metro (EP/Bloomington/Savage/Burnsville) periodically if anyone is looking for store reports. I'm mainly still sticking to MP/3P stuff online. If anyone knows where I can find a good list of that stuff from the last year or two, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

4. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Nothing new or interesting at the IGH Target.

5. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

Nada at Bloomington or Edina Target last night. I'd be surprised if we see anything at the latter for a while in terms of studio series, because they had a a pretty full stack of voyagers and leaders

6. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    Such a fun start to the day weather wise.

Fortunate that my workplace is close by. Also that it's close by the GameStop I pre-ordered the NECA Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figures, that just came in this week, which I picked up before driving home in the unplowed streets.

Early spring please?

7. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Both Woodbury Targets have SS Leader Megatron and Jetfire last night for those interested.

8. ServO

News Credits:
    Super interested! No way I could make it to Woodbury today though lol.

9. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Right?

Plus I'll probably wait for a sale.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ServO

News Credits:
    51090932_10217438749063469_6965192002006679552_n.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  11. Snarlus Prime

Snarlus Prime Well-Known Member

LOL

12. ServO

News Credits:
    Meanwhile, in my back yard...

20190207_155944.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    Beware of Wampas out there. XD

We just blew out the snow on the driveway an hour ago and the wind is already whipping all the snow back onto it (and my car).

14. ServO

News Credits:
    Yup I spent almost 2 hours outside today with the snow blower...did my driveway, and my neighbors ('cause that's how I roll), and the wind is trying to erase my work. At least we got the bulk of it off before the deep freeze sets in tonight.

15. einhazard

Nothing at Bville target, but apparently cyberverse ultras are only $9.98 now? Not a sale price either. I grabbed a couple because they're decent figures and I mean... that's technically less than a 1-step now. XD

16. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Yep, just came in myself from snowblowing. I know the wind will put a bunch back on and cause drifts, but wanted to get that first layer off before it settled in and packed down.

17. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pffft! Snowblower?? Nothing but elbow grease here...naw just kidding I ain't that crazy. Took forever to get that thing started though, for a minute I thought I was gonna have to do it the old fashion way. First use of the season always give me trouble, thing has been used less than 10 times too.

• Like Like x 1
  18. einhazard

So, I mostly bought the cyberverse ultras for my nephews and niece to play with, but the shockwave is like... a legit good Shockwave. Has decent articulation, gimmick works in both bot and alt mode... yeah his alt more is a bit of a mess, but they even hid a fake extra arm inside his bot chest so you don't have to remove his canon while transforming.

Also, because my wife and I are nuts, we went to Lego Movie 2. It's pretty good. It's not as good as the first one, but that's because you can't really make people forget about the twist from the first one. Also some of the plot elements are kinda needlessly convoluted, but I think that would bother me less if I was 8 and not a writer. >> Way more singing, too.

19. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

I waited till all the snow was done moving around till this morning to get the driveway done. 20 years I've almost been here and I still don't get why people love it.. oh well. Change of seasons is nice i guess? I'm stuck here.

..I also found no new transformers in my driveway

• Like Like x 2
  20. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    Couple of WWII Bee's at AV Target off Cedar. Nothing else from W5.