Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    I was packing up for Target just as you texted. I should have known I'd find them the second I used that Black Friday 20% coupon.

2. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    Yeah, so I definitely have an extra Skytread. I'm sure people will find their own easy enough at this point, so if I don't hear back from anyone relatively soon, I'm gonna return it to Bloomington target.

Also, man, Hound and Cog are good (got mine from T-Hybrid). My Cog's guns are loose in his hands, but that seems universal and he looks cooler with them strapped to his arms AND I'll probably never actually have him in one piece. I love stuff like this. Reminds me a lot of Mugenbine. Also, I'm really impressed that they managed to make both a Sideswipe and a Hound that are actually, like, FUN to transform. Hound's got a lot of cool stuff going on, and Sideswipe is basically a simplified version of the MP. Bravo all around.

3. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!! TFW2005 Supporter

As long as we're all suffering, I am content.

• Like Like x 1
  4. einhazard

News Credits:
    lol, I just have him as a bow and shield on Hound anyhow. SO MANY COMBINATIONS.

5. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Oof, another Cog issue. Careful when rotating the hips. The internal pegs can shift and pop off the butt plate which is glued only on two small pegs.

7. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    So based off the molds used, looks like the Rescue Patrol will do something like this.
    20181202_231434.jpg

Also getting the hang of the ~~COMBAT~~ system. I call this the Lionheart...

20181202_232423.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

Does anyone have a HASBRO MP 10 Optimus Prime they would be willing to sell?

Preowned/used is fine as long as it is in perfect condition.

Please PM me
    53946995-5B08-4284-B5C0-480907372E0B.jpeg

9. einhazard

News Credits:
    Got my Dropkick (and some botbots) from Amazon. HE's pretty good. Really small (go figure, studio series), but his transformation is interesting if not harrowing since it's made of about 30 paper-thin panels. XD

Copter mode is cool though my tail end is a little gappy and one of my side-wings had some really weirdly placed stress marks out of the box that don't actually seem to be affected by his transformation. His robot mode is kind of a kibbly, and I can tell from the box art vs the figure and some of the weird placement of seemingly unused moveable pieces that he should have looked more like that but just... doesn't. Still overall, I dig him, even if he's pretty small. I hope Shatter is a little bit less rushed.

In the meantime, I'm also really digging 4-armed Hound:
    upload_2018-12-3_12-7-42.png

Siege is super versatile and fun. It's great having consistently fun transformations after Potp/CW. I liked TR, but even that wasn't as cool as these.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  10. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

From what I've seen of the Siege line...they look pretty quality. A lot more like the Generations style figures before Fall of Cybertron when a shift happened. Almost makes me want to buy them...almost.

• Like Like x 1
  11. einhazard

News Credits:
    That's pretty accurate. I dunno if they're as complex as some of the older Gen figures, but the play pattern is definitely more enjoyable than Prime Wars. I like really modular stuff, but these are almost nudging a diaclone reboot versatility since all the micromasters have single AND double weapon modes, you have the effect parts from the battlemasters, and the weaponizers are just like... you can do so much with them. It's gonna be nuts if they keep up the weaponizer gimmick for the whole trilogy. Like I said before, I was all ready to be fully underwhelmed by Sideswipe and Hound, but I think they're both awesome and nothing feels hollow except for maybe Cog who benefits from it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Right. The combiners came with limitations. Figures had to accomodate the third combined mode and I would assume that'd also put weight limits on the limbs bots so the final figure didn't collapse on itself.

Even compared to Battletrap, Skytread is *dense.* There you can tell there were sacrifices made to Trap to get the individual bot modes (which I'm still a fan of, but am glad Hasbro has two ways to tackle Duocons that they can expand on in due time)

That said, I loves me some combiners so ImI glad to get a bit of a spending reprieve with Siege.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Since others are giving their thoughts about the Siege line...

Honestly, I think this is the best line of non-Masterpiece Transformers done in some time.
    Combiner Wars was mostly okay (more for the new Devastator) despite getting a bit overkill on the repaints and releasing one of the core five characters of each combiner later on after they tried introducing new characters (Rook over Groove, Alpha Bravo over Slingshot, etc).
    Titans Return was a great line, and a wonderful return of the Headmasters and Season 3/Movie love, while Power of the Primes mostly felt like a quick "get this trilogy done so we can move onto the next trilogy" thing, mixing both Combiner Wars and Titans Return with a dash of Pretenders thrown in for good measure.

Siege feels like they took all the complaints about the gaps and the flimsy feeling toys, and finally fixed them. Sure the Deluxes might be smaller than others have been in the past, but they feel solid. I pick up Sideswipe and Hound, and I feel some heft to them. Also, the transformations feel satisfying. I ENJOY transforming the figures back and forth and find myself doing it often.

The Micromasters are kinda the only thing that is mixed. The Autobot Battle Patrol set is really good with its combined mode being basically a BFG. The Decepticon Sky Patrol is also good, though its combined form of a sword looks as silly to me as the minicon ones from the Unicron trilogy era. And the Autobot Race Car Patrol...it's probably the worst in terms of combined mode. As others have pointed out, they basically look like two cars being a bit too intimate.

The Battle Masters (Targetmasters) are probably my favorite. (With maybe the exception of Lionizer) They give me a huge G1 nostalgia with their simple transformations, and I love the effects parts they come with that are compatible with almost all the Siege characters' weapons.

I'm actually hyped to get the Voyager and Leader class figures for this line. Especially that Ultra Magnus. I hope this kind of quality will continue throughout this new trilogy. ...And also we get a better/larger Trailbreaker (Hoist) and a new Sunstreaker. Also...Cliffjumper, Huffer and Gears to fill out the minibot updates, please?

• Like Like x 1
  14. einhazard

News Credits:
    I just use them as separate pistols most of the time.

Also, I like that the leaders kept the Evolution gimmick from PotP as it was the best thing about that subline.

15. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    I'm guessing they already had them ready in case they won the Power of the Prime contest instead of Optimus Primal, but it's still cool.
    I remember getting the G1 Ultra Magnus as a kid, and to see an all new Magnus that can be a white Optimus Prime figure with armor attached is actually awesome despite my being fine with how the Masterpiece and Combiner Wars Magnus just combined the cab and trailer into robot mode.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    Hey! I'm still alive!

Quarry Target had (but no longer has) five of the basic toys (the micromasters, lionizer and blowpipe). I think they were down to the road team and the battle masters after I bought one of each.

Note: they were kinda hidden on an end cap with some Beyblade stuff. I'd never have seen them if someone hadn't left a lone road team with the other TFs.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Wave 1 Battlemasters, Micromasters, and Deluxes at Knollwood Target.

18. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    For whoever was looking for PotP Sludge, he's available on Amazon for $16.99.

19. einhazard

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, for sure. It's obvious looking back that the Evolution gimmick would have worked with basically all of them Gives me hope we might still get a Starsaber, though now that we got a Hound, I guess we'll always have to wonder what his Evo gimmick would have been (Jeep hound to missile truck hound ala the movies?). It'd still be cool if we got Deathsarus, and an Arcee that had both bike and car modes... I wonder if Megs would have had a tank mode and a... submarine... mode.

20. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    Hound would have been interesting. Though if he turned into the movie Hound, complete with gut and a beard. That would be weird. LOL. I still feel movie Hound would have worked better being called Bulkhead as he looked closer to him and was more well known being in both Animated, Prime, and Robots in Disguise.
    I can't believe we won't see Starsaber at some point, or Deathasaurus. They seem to know there is an audience for them given they've done so many characters that I know I'm surprised to see lately.

Maybe Megatron woulda been a G1 Megatron as close to a gun as he could be that somehow turns into his G2 tank self. LOL

• Like Like x 1