Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Right?

I don't even like the Bay movies but that combiner is ambitious, especially if the Bot modes follow the legends designs.

2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Forgot to mention Eagan TJMaxx had some RiD stuff. Mostly Crash Combiners, but it included the Grimlock/Prime so if you're looking for Bisk/Saberhorn it may be in the wild.

3. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    Mankato WalMart had a couple Starscreams and a bunch of Hot Rods.

4. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Sorry, just need to rant a bit here as it seems I got some phone calls to do tomorrow I'm not looking forward to.

Back in late September I bought a new car (2017 to be exact) at a car dealership and I traded my old 2002 car to them as part of the deal. The 2002 car was on its last legs, which gave me the incentive to get a new car finally.

Anyway, I assumed the dealership would have had the car junked or something given they took it despite its condition, but tonight I get a mailman at my door personally delivering a letter from the city of Minneapolis to me on how my old 2002 car has been impounded and I have 15 days to claim it.
    The dealership (or someone connected to it) sold my old junker to someone, who was apparently driving it around despite its problems, and somehow my name is still the last registered one on file.

I do not own this car anymore. I gave the title to the dealership and everything. What the hell!?
    I will not pay the towing/impound fees, and I dang well better not have to here.

Ugh.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yup something similar happened to my aunt.
    She traded in a car to a dealership... drove away in a new car.
    A couple months later she got a letter from the county saying that she owed money for unpaid tickets. She explained this to the county who told then told her to take it up with the place she sold the car.
    So what happened was because the current licensing system in this state is so completely screwed up, the title transfer to the new owner had still not yet gone through... so the new owner was racking up fines, and they were all getting passed back to my aunt.
    I believe she ended up going back to the dealership and threatened them with legal action if they didn't step in and get involved on her behalf.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Inferno v3

Inferno v3 Well-Known Member

Wow, what a mess. So glad I sold my car to scrap place.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    The dealership I went through better get involved on this as I have the receipts/paperwork that show they took the car in on a trade. (They gave me a whopping $500. Woo!)
    Right now, I am seriously angry with them about this as they should have taken care of this.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Snarlus Prime

Snarlus Prime Well-Known Member

Good thing you kept that receipt!
    Was this a "big" dealer or a "little" one? I have had the full range of experiences at both but it seems the larger dealerships normally have a good handle on the title transfer stuff.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  9. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    To Servo's point, it's likely they didn't do anything wrong and stuff is just screwed up with the transfer. I've never run into that, but then, I drive cars until total death and usually end up having them towed away leaking something or--in one case--slightly on fire. XD

Still, that's super frustrating. I hope you get a good resolution from it! Now let's all take a moment and muse on how much better life would be if our cars were also sentient robots...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    As for Wreck Gar cases, Walgreens is likely getting full cases. But given how Walgreens distribution works they are getting sorted out with random other cases of figures to the totes each store gets, since they are treating them as normal Generations figures and not special exclusives. The same thing that happen with Brainstorm.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Picked up Wreck Gar at the DT Walgreens, they only had the one. Someone really screwed up at Walgreens though. I too got the 1.89 price, the cashier didn't want to bother looking for the correct price and let it go for that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    Big dealership. Luther Country Ford near where I live. Never been a fan of the little ones.

The car was pretty much on it's last legs, so I can't believe they sold it to someone to drive. I mean, the turn signal lights were starting to stop working a lot. And a Brake symbol on my dashboard kept staying on whenever I was driving around despite my brakes working. Also, a number of things my mechanic told me that were ready to go. Like the front rear axle had a crack in it among other things.

Uusally I have junked my cars otherwise in the past.

Update on the car issue.

So I first called the impound lot company about the car and explain my case. The woman on the line asks for my car's license plate number. It's then I notice that the report I got stated there were no license plates on the car. So whoever was using my old car apparently was probably doing some shady things and took them off before I assume abandoning my old car. Anyway, see asks then for the VIN number. I give her that and she then tells me she has no vehicle under that number on file. She attempts to put me through to the people wrking in the impound lot itself, but no one answers.

So I finally decide to go to the DMV near where I live. Place was packed and so I was waiting for a half hour or so. Finally, my turn and I explain to the woman about how my old car, which I gave to a dealership as a trade-in when buying a new car somehow is still under my name and was being used by someone else as I show her the impound letter. She seemed confused and called another woman over. They then look up the VIN number of my old car there and tell me that the address and name of the person who owns the car is different from mine. The other woman then glances through my letter again and tells me she thinks I can ignore it now given the car is not under my name and address in their computer.

Still, I go home and call the impound place again to make sure on things. The same woman from before answers and I tell her about the DMV and what they said. She tells me the VIN number is till not showing up in her computer, so... I guess I'm okay?

If I start getting collectors coming after me, I'm gonna be super angry here, but for now I hope this is all done.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Snarlus Prime

Something goof here.... Hopefully you're in the clear if the VIN for your old car isn't in the system. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

Reading that makes me happy that my old car is no longer in driving condition, at least not without thousands of dollars worth of work.

Now if I can get the check from the insurance, I can pay for my new car.

15. Inferno v3

I don’t know if it’s a thing anyone is after, but the Elk River Walgreens has the Wingspan/Cloudburst two pack.

• Like Like x 1
  16. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is 7 Wreckgar at Woodbury Walgreens on Donegal.

Attached Files:

17. Inferno v3

Maple Grove Walgreens by the Walmart and Menards has 2 Wreck-Gar left. I took one.

18. Snarlus Prime

Do you still need to pay crappy prices on line to get the other twins?

19. Inferno v3

Probaby, I was mostly checked out of collecting when they came out.

20. MST3KFan

News Credits:
    According to the DMV, the VIN number is now under someone else's address/name, so hopefully that means that the impound thing goes after them now. I'd guess that like Servo mentioned, the licensing system being screwed up being a reason.
    I just want to be done with this and enjoy my new car without my old one haunting me anymore.

• Like Like x 1