Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
  2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Wave 1 POTP leaders are restocked at Downtown Target. Two Rodimus and two Optimus as of 11 this morning.

3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Eagan Walmart found must have discovered a surplus because they had three each of Wave 1 Leaders.

4. Wazdakka

Wazdakka Decepticon

When does the Minnetonka TRU shut down?

5. vicious7171

vicious7171 chillin like a villain

Not really a *sighting* but the wave 2 deluxes are all on amazon for $16.99 right now

• Like Like x 1
  6. GuppyMN

GuppyMN Evil little fish

Stopped at WalMart Vadnais Heights, they have Elita-1 and Hun-Gurrr, 2 of each left. North St. Paul Target has one POTP Optimus Prime is anyone is still looking for him.

7. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

Two leader Optimus and two Rodimus A WSP Target.

8. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Stopped at Northtown (Blaine) TRU today. You could tell things are up just entering the store. The place had a good amount of people with kids in it (due to Spring Break week), but the shelves seemed...less filled than the past. The whole place just felt very somber..like when my old workplace Rainbow Foods found out we were closing down.

Istill ended up buying a Namor Marvel Legends figure for me, and a couple My Little Pony: Equestria Girls sets for my cousin's daughter's birthday coming up next week that were supposed to be 'Buy One, Get One 40% Off", but looking at the receipt, the sale didn't take...or they're no longer going by the sales prices. Didn't notice this until I got home a little bit ago. Also, the cashier did not ask about the Rewards card, so reading about some people saying their Reward points and coupons no longer were there when logging online...I'm thinking they cut that completely already. Maybe. Or the cashier forgot to ask me cause of obvious distraction.

Whatever the case, this MIGHT be the final time I'll be shopping at TRU. Feels weird to think that.

Also of note, the couple of G2 Superion sets that had been there for weeks were suddenly gone. Unlike the Minnetonka store that had tons and were 30% off, these were never discounted, but someone bought them.

9. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Coon Rapids Riverplace Target has a wasteland of pegs and two each of leader Optimus and Rodimus down below. Stopped in at Five Below next door, they have a healthy selection of Ptero, Fangry and Sawback, no Ramhorns.

10. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!!

News Credits:
    If, during TRU's death throes, anyone clocks the Marvel Legends Scarlet Witch/Vision 2-pack, and has the money to front, I would gladly come to you for pick up and payment.

Or a sighting works, too:) 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are all the TRuS stores having sales? Or just select stores? It is a Sad thing for myself that this is happening.. Has always been a effort to get to one...1-2+ hrs.drives... Going to have to try to grab a Primus repaint... As I feel it is a big request for anyone of our Twin Cities dweller's to grab one.. Will have to hope next week I can snag one.

12. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!!

News Credits:
    Much thanks to Kham for setting me up with both the ML Scarlet/Vision set AND Iron Spider! Definitely not counting on seeing the TRU exclusive sets make it into stores.

I've been waiting to get into Marvel until they put out a Vision so I can at least get the main cast. With the MCU 10th anniversary figures coming out, I should be able to round out my collection in a few months.

• Like Like x 1
  13. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All the Primus are gone at Minnetonka TRU on Friday when I checked. 40% off now so that's prob why.

14. Wazdakka

Wazdakka Decepticon

I swung by Minnetonka TRU Friday night. As one employee stated, it looked like a warzone. My cashier did ask me about my Rewards, though I didn't have any. There wasn't a single Transformer left in the store. I grabbed a couple diecast cars just for kicks. It's kinda weird to think that I went from being a wee lad all the way to an adult, but still (occasionally) bought toys from that ToysRUs.

15. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are other stores all having a liquidation sale, Blaine store for example? Or are the doing the closing one store at a time?

16. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Target must be looking to move Wave 1 because they've got PotP Deluxes on sale again this week.

17. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rumors is this coming Friday but it'll start at low percentage off like Minnetonka did.

18. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, at the Burnsville store now and no signs yet. Two Primus figures left.

19. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's the sale?

20. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If Anyone is willing to snag a Primus at 30% off.. and has a PayPal account.. pm me if your up for trying to do so.. I Will pay pal you Asap. Like when your still in the store.. fast, if need be. Thanks... I will probably be traveling to the cities this weekend..