Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Don't feel bad...I went to two Targets in the Minnetonka area in the past two days, and saw nothing but 3 Starscreams...along with RID Windblades, and movie wave 1 stuff.

2. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Nabbed Elita 1, Hungerrrrrr, RipperSnapper, Black Wing, and the legends Wonder Twins at Bloomington Walmart. Left repaintgate. Now I just need the dinobots and moonracer from that wave.

Left a set of legends combiners and 5 Tailgates.

3. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    Swung by Bloomington Walmart and picked up the other set of Battletrap.

Holy cow, I love these guys. Like, there is some really stellar work going into them, and they are the right amount of complexity with great modes all around. Even the alt modes, which are a bit kibbly, really hit a chord for me, and the combined mode looks like it was designed first rather than last as you'd feel w/most Hasbro combiners. Even his combiner mode articulation outshines a lot of deluxes. I have no idea how they got this guy to work with their garbage budget, but I'm glad they did. My only gripe is that I wish they had done more with Battleslash's arms in the combine mode (EDIT: I was transforming them wrong at first, but even the right way I still feel it's not quite what it could be... should have made the rotors detachable swords or something), but even that works in its own unique, cool way. Just... 10/10 all around.
    upload_2018-2-21_10-22-20.png

4. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Popped into T1 and no wave 2 in sight.

5. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think wave 2 has hit Target yet, only Walmart for now. Try Roseville Walmart, I saw 2 of each of Hungurr and Elita1 last night. A few deluxes too.

6. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Bah, of course. I had to get home so didn't have time to check at Walmart too on my way.

7. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Checked Andover Wal-mart real quick on way home today. Nothing new. Would have gone to the Coon Rapids one, but then I'd rather not go to that area unless I absolutely had to.

Hopefully will find Sludge and Snarl soon to complete the Dinobots.

8. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

How much are these new figures going for in the store?

BBTS has deluxe priced at 19.99, Voyager at 34.99, legends at 9.99, which seems like a lot to me. I haven't bought a transformer in a store for awhile. I already have a POL so I'm wondering if it's cheaper just getting them from big bad?

9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Walmart Deluxes are about $17. Voyagers are $24.99 and Legends are $9.99.

TFSource has the whole 2nd wave of Deluxes for $89.99 as a set which, if math serves me, is about the same per figure if you are able to find enough to stack up and get to free shipping. They also have the Battletrap components for retail.

10. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info!

11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Really hope these show up at Target soon, I don't set foot in Walmart unless my life depends on it.

• Like Like x 3
  12. einhazard

News Credits:
    It's weird how since TLK WalMart pulled ahead in terms of distribution. Even they didn't really get the cogman wave, but no one else even saw Scorn and Nitro.

13. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've seen Scorn and Nitro plenty at Targets. Never seen a Cogman anywhere though.

14. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

I haven't been to a WM in like 3 years now and proud of it though iirc their self checkout didn't make me feel like a criminal. Things may have changed though.

Oh and I just discovered LED lights for the back of my tv. The little things in life that make me happy. Can't believe I've gone so long without these.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Went to three different Walmarts today. The Super Walmart near Northtown Mall (Blaine), the Brooklyn Center Super Walmart and the Coon Rapids Walmart.

First two were wastes of gas as all they had was PotP wave 1 stuff, though the Brooklyn Center Walmart has two Slugslingers on the shelf surprisingly.

The final store... At that point of driving around, I wasn't feeling much hope of seeing anything new (the North Metro sucks for new stuff always)... Anyway, inside the store hilariously playing over their speakers was "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey and I get to the toy aisle to find a single Hun-Grrr and Tailgate on the shelf. Bought them both. So that made my day.

16. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is anyone still looking for Rodimus Unicronis? I stopped at the Blaine WalMart off 117th and they had one peeking out from behind some Power Ranger stuff. No POTP Wave 2 though.

17. einhazard

News Credits:
    Really? Wow! I've never seen them in the south Metro. I feel like they were just getting wave 2 deluxes when they started trying to get rid of the line.

I got Studio series Bee and Stinger today. I get why people don't like Bee as much as they do. Thankfully, mind didn't have the loose hips and ankles, but the part in his transformation when you flip the hood/roof of the car down over the front of the car is ROUGH. The clearance on the parts is just not good, and the coloring on his doors (which are painted) doesn't quite match the yellow of the yellow plastic. Probably pretty easy to pass on him, but I don't hate him and I liked his transformation up until that last step. I get why Balatmatrix freaked out in his review, but I still don't think he's a BAD figure, just another mediocre to sub-par Bee.

Stinger... I dunno. I like him. I think I like him a lot, but that might be newness feels. He feels like an older RotF design with a lot of the complication that entails, and to me that's (mostly) a good thing. I think they could have integrated his roof/arm claw better in bot mode (it should just be able to wrap around his forearm, and it almost seems like it was supposed to). Still, despite his small size I think he looks good in each mode and his transformation is a little tricky at points, but not just a victim of poor engineering like Bee. Still, it's cool to have an actual legit Stinger, and his torso in bot mode looks especially cool to me the way they integrated the wheels into it.

Oh also, they do both feel very small, so I'd say the price point is a bit taxing, even if the complexity is a step up from what we've been getting in Generations.

Has anyone gotten Crowbar and Ratchet? It seemed like Ratchet was just a really minor retool of the DotM delux, and I friggin' HATED Berserker, so I passed on both of those. I do think Crowbar looks like an improvement on the mold, but those dreads, man... that can't be fun to deal with when transforming. I also wonder if he's mostly that terrible soft plastic Berserker was, or if he's more solid like Stinger.

....uh, also no new sightings for me, I guess? XD

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  18. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

I picked up Nitro Zeus awhile back at Maplewood Target.

19. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!! TFW2005 Supporter

20. einhazard

News Credits:
    Man, where's the thumbs down button? -_-

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1