Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

Unless you really want a dinobot combiner he's pretty trash, IMO. Weird proportions because he's a CW torso, a lot of examples appear to have very loose chest doors, doesn't come with any weapons, and a lot of clear plastic which means it won't last in the long run. Easy pass unless, as I mentioned, you're married to the idea of a dinobots combiner and don't want to shell out for ToyWorld's.

Plus Grimlock as a voyager and the rest as deluxes just ain't right, IMO, but to each their own.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!! TFW2005 Supporter

When I search I actually see a few different sellers and it won't translate everything. Would you mind posting a link to the listing?

3. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:

4. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

PM'ed

• Like Like x 1
  5. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    I tried staying with strictly official MP figures, but someone on here was selling their FT Scoria (not-MP Slag), and so I went for it...and it was all downhill from there.

That and at the rate Takara is going, I'll be in the retirement home by the time they get through the rest of the G1 cast...IF they continue with G1 what with Beast Wars and Movie stuff also being pumped now.

6. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Spotted one Sliffdizzle and these two beauties at Cedar Cliff. Traded in some stuff and walked out with the pair.

20180104_205342.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. MotorMastersRev

MotorMastersRev Well-Known Member

If you haven't checked brickseek lately, it says a lot of local Targets have POTP leaders in limited quantities.

8. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

I got it from here, but it looks like there are no "sold by Amazon Japan G.K." listings right now. Keep checking back and hopefully they'll get more in stock so you can order.

Ordered mine on the 31st and it is set to arrive on Monday. Just over a week to ship, not too bad.

• Like Like x 1
  9. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    The PotP listings have been "accurate" but mostly unhelpful as all of the stock is processed and sitting in various states of storage. It sounds like people have had luck getting Leaders from the back but Voyagers are floating somewhere unofficial.

One employee mentioned they had a "temp" listing that's normally reserved for endcaps, which reminded me at one point Hasbro had released news saying a PotP display was coming in the new year. Not sure if that's still happening...but they're set date is Sunday/Monday so we'll see what happens.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rolander

Rolander Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Some Targets are starting to reset the toy isles today; I was finally able to talk an employee into getting both new leaders from the back. I wasn't sure what to think from the video reviews, but my initial impressions are very positive! can't wait to get home and open them up.

I also grabbed the new classic Voltron limbs, and they will definitely make any 84' Voltron fans out there very happy! The paint apps aren't perfect but otherwise they are quality all the way. I can't wait to find a Black Lion and see the completed set!

11. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Are the 84 Lions compatible with the Dreamworks based Lions?

12. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    These look really cool, but I know as soon as I buy 'em, they'll come out with a boxed set that's cheaper. XD Honestly, I hope they do what they did with the other ones and make a smaller scale set. The huge ones are good, but I like smaller sizes on my non-TFs

13. Rolander

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Actually, aren't they making LARGER scale lions that action figures can fit into.... unless those got cancelled? I kinda hope not, but honestly I'd only buy one or two at this point. I've run out of shelf space so long ago it's not even funny.

I did love that little diecast Voltron though. It's a perfect deskbot!

T-Hybrid, I'm 95% sure they're compatible, but I'll try it out soon and let you know.

• Like Like x 1
  14. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There was a Classics Black Lion at the NE Minneapolis Target a couple days ago. Not sure if it's still there.

15. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes they are compatible.

16. Rolander

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Good to know! I gave in and ordered one from BigBadToyStore. It was a good excuse to ship my Masterpiece Sunstreaker. :) 

17. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I had bought the Metal Defenders a few months ago when Target did the 25% deal and ended up returning them because (A) I needed the money for some unexpected TF stuff, and (B) I realized I wasn't a huge fan of the Dreamworks design...especially once I heard the 84 designs were coming.

This isn't anything against the show, but the boxier look just works for me in toy form because the proportions don't look off when they're combined. The 84 Voltron is boxy, but he at least looks proportional combined. The Dreamworks one looks kinda puffy the more I see him in toy form.

So yeah, I'd totally be on board with a smaller Classic Lions set. Which at this rate would be....Christmas 2019?

18. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Got my Sunstreaker from Amazon Japan today, a few days earlier than expected. It took less than a week and I saved almost $40 on him. Win-win!

19. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    Employee at quarry target was kind enough to pull potp prime for me. No voyagers, apparently no Rodimus? Not sure if he checked.

Classic black lion was still here.

20. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    As of this evening he's still available if you're growing tired of hunting.