Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Depending on how the Bee movie goes it's entirely possible we'll never get that resolution. The more I see out of it the more it looks like a soft reboot of the first movie.

2. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Better late than never: HTS has Slugslinger for sale (at least right now he's available).

3. Numsay

Numsay Well-Known Member

Cedar Cliff Collectables got a bunch of nice 3rd party masterpiece in. Some decent deals, $150 for FT Phoenix stood out to me. Bunch of seekers that may all be 3rd party but if they are TT they are a good deal at $100.00. I couldn't tell if they were yes model or TT.
    Probably 25 to 30 different ones in all.

4. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Recall off the top of your head if any were some of the beast-themed combiners or figures?

5. Numsay

Numsay Well-Known Member

No combiners or beast themed bots in the new case along the south west wall. The middle case with the G1 had some 3rd party combiners (I think 3) that showed up about 3 weeks ago. I think one was Predaking but I wasn't super interested in the scale so I can't quite remember. Some other odd stuff in there as well could be beast themed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    TLJ not TLK

7. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Swung by Cedar Cliff to scope out the new stuff and GOOD GRACIOUS!!

Uranos, Prometheus, and Quantron for $200 each. A complete G1 Predaking for $250. Titans CoV set marked down to $110.

Where things get fuzzy: A lot of the "MP" stuff in the other case with Phoenix was either a mix of 3P MP and MP or all 3P. I noted a Blurr, Magnus, at least two Seekers, Brawn, but didn't think to snap a pic. Lots of stuff in there. Mix of guys I know don't have legit MPs and guys that do. No 3P or MP beasts. Was kind of in a hurry and focused on more important stuff I noticed they had...

If you're a fan of MPs it'd be worth looking. But look *closely* as it's entirely likely some or all are 3P MP style.

8. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!!

News Credits:
    Who was the seller? Very interested to hear about your experience. I just can't justify $120 for an MP Car, but $85...

9. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think you will regret getting him he is pretty sweet and if you have XTB Sourge... All the better.

10. Marto6

Marto6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twin twi
    Twin twist is $34.99 now.. I know this a I bought one.. ... Still cheaper than eBay...

11. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

Yeah, like I said, Twintwist is $35 on Amazon and around $50 on eBay. He was never $20 on Amazon, my price tracker has his lowest historical price at $26.

Ugh, the figure isn't even remotely worth that much. Guess I'm passing.

12. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    If any of those MP Seekers were Skywarp and/or Thundercracker...legit MP-11 repaints or the KOs, which I hear are better, I'd be interested. Or if they were to have DX9's MP Powerglide since it seems that guy is now impossible to find.

Yeah, I bought X-Transbots Scourge on a holiday sale despite being initially against getting him after watching some YouTube reviewers really struggle with his feet. (I ended up using a screwdriver to transform mine), I got Fans Toys Galvatron because it's freaking Galvatron and he looks great in bot mode...so getting Cyclonus to finish the trio makes sense.

13. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I think it was Skywarp, but would have to double check. I know it wasn't Starscream.

14. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

You can only buy stuff internationally directly from Amazon, no third party sellers. I think you can just sign in with your US Amazon account (at least I don't remember making a separate account), select to browse in English, and it is pretty easy to use. You actually get a discount on the price listed on the site because they remove VAT I think and the shipping is reasonable. You can also pay in US dollars so don't take the currency conversion fee hit with your CC. Usually takes about a week to arrive.

I've bought a couple MP from there and also anime figures and it has always been easy and smooth.

• Like Like x 1
  15. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    *pinches forehead*

I liked it. I need to rewatch it at a time that isn't after midnight so I'm not running on Mountain Dew and hope to really get what was all going on. I just hope JJ doesn't race to undo some of the riskier things it set up.

And I'm glad we dodged the bullet that was Trevarrow doing it.

16. Numsay

Numsay Well-Known Member

When I was there they had Starscream Thundercracker and Skywarp among others. I'm thinking they were all Yes model. The Starscream was very vibrant and when I check my Harbro one at home it's not the same. It may have even been the Maketoys version. Thundercracker was the light blue and it was the updated Skywarp. I believe they were $100.00 each. I do own the Yes model Skywarp mayself, and it is nicer in build quality than my other official mp11s.
    No power glide that I remember, I would have considered picking that up myself.
    I think someone decided they were going to only collect official and dumped all their 3rd party and Ko bots. Seems strange to me that someone that far into collecting would not post here and try to sell. They owner said he gave him around $400.00 for everything.

17. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
  18. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

If you're interested in modded officials (the wing symbols removed and replaced the toon accurate way with dry rubs,) I'd part with mine. I think I want to get the Maketoy versions...

The Last Jedi...I thought it was okay, but too long. Wasn't good enough to be as long as it was. Felt like it should have been over after the business with that Snoogins dude.

How's Grimlock? I couldn't give the slightest shit about combining the Dinos so unless he's a big upgrade over the previous versions, I don't feel the need to buy him again.

19. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you'll be ok with what you have if you have no interest in the combine mode, the dino mode on the new one is not great.

• Like Like x 1
  20. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Not to mention there'll be no shortage of 3Ps offering kits to give him his sword and shield.

(looking at you, PE)