Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. GuppyMN

GuppyMN Evil little fish

So Overlord arrived from Amazon today and his left fist is installed upside down. Dumb question, but what is the best way to remove the pin?

EDIT - Well I guess he has two right fists. :( 

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  2. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    :( . Hopefully Amazon will square it away.

Didn't see anything interesting at the Burnsville Target, other than eleventy million other people.

3. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    Wouldn't dream of it. Just polished off a box of little debbie eggnog rolls with my wife BECAUSE we're both sick.

So many factors here...
    1) When is 'the morning' considering they're open 24 hours tomorrow...
    2) Should I go to TRU the day before Christmas Eve
    3) Should I go to TRU the day before Christmas Eve when I have straight up influenza and will infect a ton of people
    4) With that many people at the store, what's the chance I'll be able to grab ANY before some rando snags them?

Welp. I'm 6'5" and vaguely threatening-looking enough to get through crowds easily. Just call me Patient Zero. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  4. MotorMastersRev

MotorMastersRev Well-Known Member

Well there's a lone Starscream at Burnsville TRU as of this posting. No Grimlocks.

*Minnetonka has everything but Leaders. I'm taking the sole Grimlock and a set of Prime Masters. There's still a full set of Prime Masters, Starscream, Deluxes, and Legends.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  5. einhazard

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking was gonna happen when I saw they were open 24 hours- the figures would get put out and grabbed super early. Meh, wave 1. It'll be around. XD

6. MotorMastersRev

Didn't know they were 24 hours. Website said they are open from 6am to midnight. Wife made me get up to get her stuff for cooking and baking, so naturally I made a side trip. They were stocking the shelves when I got there and there was another fellow looking for Grimlock as well. This was around 7:30am.

7. einhazard

News Credits:
    Yesterday was 6-12, but the internets was saying today was 24 hours.

Ended up being in Bville for a couple reasons, decided to stop by TRU and ended up grabbing the remaining Starscream. He's decent. There's a little bit of a lean to his combined mode because of where his robot elbows are (in his combined hips), but overall he's definitely more stable than CW combiners.
    I dunno, I like him, but he definitely feels cheaper, especially in how his jet more has the most finnicky tabs ever. That said, he looks a lot better in person, IMO.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. MotorMastersRev

I feel if they are going to do the sticker thing, what they'd save by having the consumer apply themselves would probably allow for more of them to give better detail/highlights to the figures, like G1.

Grimlock's dino mood doesn't look as bad as it does in video reviews IMO but it does bother me how his back side doesn't look solid or covered. His combiner torso also isn't as bad but I wish he did look bulkier when combined. In robot mode my one complaint is lack of a weapon. Even with those things working against him, I still think he is worth picking up.

I love the Prime Masters. The guns can go on their backs but the pretender shells can also hold them (there's no peg for Skullgrin to hold his claws). The Prime Masters themselves can also peg onto the backs of the pretender shells behind the weapons to show off the little symbol and fill it out more. IMO it would look cooler if they were engines like Power Masters.

I'm looking forward to this line. We are getting Abominus and Predaking, G1 inspired dinobots, and more characters that haven't been done since the 80's if ever done at all like the fembots, rather than new versions of the same characters over and over again. Though I think some classic second tier characters do deserve updates.

As neat as some gimmicks are (combiners, headmasters, triple changers, etc) not every character needs it to sell well. Dinobots sell themselves. Many toys like Thrilling 30 Rhinox or RTS Jazz are great as is with transforming being their only gimmick. Hasbro could do some really good stuff without Masterpiece prices if gimmicks were allocated to figures that actually warrant it. Imagine TR Galvatron if it hadn't been for his third mode and headmaster gimmick.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want straight G1 updates with modern sculpting and engineering. I like a lot of the redesigns and fresh takes on characters.

Well, I will be busy with family over the next 48 hours. So Merry Christmas to all of you!

• Like Like x 1
  9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I remember that from Gen Metroplex, but I wonder of they're concerned it wouldn't look as good in box?

10. Spether

Spether Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Merry Christmas to everyone, hope it is a great one for you! Be sure to post pics of your presents!

• Like Like x 2
  11. einhazard

News Credits:
    There should be a little purple one on the underside of the claw. Mine has one.

Maybe, but SS's giant wing-stickers aren't even visible in box. I will say, they don't look as terrible in person, but they're not fantastic and definitely worse than any of the TR ones, IMO. That said, they haven't bothered me that much when I'm actually playing with him.

The one thing I'm surprised I haven't seem more of is that you can plug the prime master shells into the backs of the combiner feet, which creates super huge weapons. For Starscream, you can make some killer giant null rays this way. I dig it.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    It's a Christmas Miracle. Richfield Target has one each of TLK deluxe Squeeks, Steelbane and Drift

• Like Like x 2
  13. einhazard

News Credits:
    Shakopee Target also had TLK wave 2 deluxes AND voyagers! There weren't even any TLK Grimlocks clogging the shelves!!!!

14. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    Merry Christmas everyone! So, when is the next meet up?

• Like Like x 3
  15. MotorMastersRev

I passed on Metroplex but the idea of how they appear in box is the only reason I could think of. Oh well. At least we have reprolabels.

Woah! You must be some kind of sorcerer because I swear I could not find one until I checked again after reading your post!

Kids got a Nintendo Switch from the grandparents. For how compact the system is the games look really impressive. They also got a 5TB hard drive from my Mom so they don't have to delete anything when they get new games for their PS4. Nothing TF related.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    "Santa" brought me a SNES classic, did you know if your tv has a USB port it can power the thing?

• Like Like x 1
  17. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    The IGH Target has TR Deluxes on clearance for $10.xx, and Titan Masters for $2.xx. Only PotP stuff were the Legends.

18. deusxanime

deusxanime Well-Known Member

Blaine North Target also had 50% off clearance on Titan Masters and allspark tech stuff.

19. einhazard

News Credits:
    Minnetonka TRU is in rough shape. They have PM's, Legends, and a few wave 1 deluxes (no dinobots).

20. Bot Hunter1138

Bot Hunter1138 Customizer

Went to Midway Aldi's today and found Ramhorn for $1.39. It was the only one they had.