Minnesota Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Foster, Oct 23, 2003.

1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Go to customer service and ask there, they are always more willing to help then randoms.

2. einhazard

einhazard Sentient Tapedeck

News Credits:
    That's what I did, no luck. A friend who used to work at Target pointed out that the case probably got shifted erroneously from the back stock to the floor stock, but it's probably lost in the back as a result since being listed as floor stock means it doesn't say where it is in the warehouse. Guess I'll just wait until they show up. XD

3. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Yeah, I crashed and burned on getting the new figures here as well.

I had errands to run today, so my first stop was the Blaine Target along 65, and looked for an employee to ask as Brickseek showed they had them in.

Unfortunately, the employee I did find gave me that "not gonna get them for you even if we have them" feeling right away, but she was the only one I saw around toys/electronics. I asked her if she could see if something was available and that I had a DCPI # even. She took one look at the the number and was immediately. "Oh, this is for toys and collectibles..." She then punches in the numbers and then points out to me while they do have them, there's a 'date' for them to be put out on November 26th, and so they can't bring them out. I would have argued that other stores have been allowing people to buy the toys as that November 26 date isn't a street date, but I could tell there was no winning with this lady and walked away.

I next called Coon Rapids, to which on Brickseek it was listed as "Limited Availability". The woman that answered the phone and took the number said they had 4 listed in stock and patched me through to toys. The lady at toys said she had the 4 listed as well, but did not see a location for them. She then put me on hold as she went to check, and came back after looking on the shelf, backroom, and extra carts with no sign of them. So either they were stashed by someone, stolen, or being held somewhere. She wasn't sure.

Champlin is the last closest store to say they have them, but I think I've burned enough gas for today, I'm not too invested in getting the new Dinobots right away (I mean I've got the amazing Fans Toys MP ones on display as best versions).
    I'll get them when they're readily available if nothing else I guess...and knowing how Targets are with first waves of Transformers, we'll be seeing probably a ton of Jazz and Dreadwings clogging shelves in no time.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  4. Spiff-O-Matic

Spiff-O-Matic I can haz catch-phrase?

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I grabbed the whole case from Woodbury Valley Creek. I have have extras for those interested. I think I'm only keeping the 2 Dino's and maybe jazz.

5. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I went to CS first, who then called a random to help. They were both clearly agitated by me showing them a number on a post it and saying I would like to purchase the corresponding item if they would be so kind as to find it for me. I've had good luck and bad luck getting stuff from the back at this Target before. Maybe they have to deal with more of the awful side of humanity being downtown and cycling through a heady mix of snippy professionals and destitute street people all day. I want the dinos, but I don't need them so quickly that I'm willing to go back and possibly generate even more social drama. :lol 

6. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Well, the good news is this is wave one so there will be no trouble finding them if you can wait it out a couple/few weeks.

7. einhazard

News Credits:
    If no one else has hit you up, I'd be interested in taking 1 of each in the wave off your hands. What'cha doing tonight/tomorrow? XD

This is true! Hopefully it'll move faster than the movie line tho.

8. Spiff-O-Matic

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    PM'd

• Like Like x 1
  9. einhazard

News Credits:
    Sick, thanks!

10. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!!

News Credits:
    Glad at least some folks are having luck. So no DCPIs for the legends wave yet?

11. einhazard

News Credits:
    Not that I've seen, but it seems like Deluxes are hitting first for a lot of the more recent lines. I imagine we'll see voyagers and Primes next.

Mad props to Spiff for chatting with me in a hobby lobby parking lot for 30 min in the drizzle. XD Actually cured the migraine I had.

Also, these guys are slick. I was worried they'd feel like CW, but they're definitely better. I love the modular aspect of the hand/armor/gun things, and I'm glad they really adding a lot in dreadwind despite him being a remold. My Dreadwind had a broken tailfin in box which stressed the fin, but I pulled out the broken bit and now it turns fine, so good to go. Keep an eye out, tho.

I will say, I do still think TR made for better figures because these guys all still hurt a little from the combiner aspect, but they're definitely better than CW. The limb modes feel a lot less floppy.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    Woot! Went to Knollwood and they had a case in back. Pulled them out for me!

Score Dreadwing, Slug, Swoop! (Who needs jazz?)

If anyone needs them, they have the other five still!

13. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Nice folks at Bloomington target pulled a case out of the back. As nice as it is to cross these off the list I am still cranky about yet another lost wave. I gotta find me Wind,Slug,Mis,Twin wave and ram horn. Ugh. Only non exclusives im missing (damn BBTS exclusive)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  14. einhazard

News Credits:
    Lol, go figure, right after I get them, they finally put them out. XD

I'll keep my eyes peeled for the TR stuff for ya!

15. Gigastormz

Gigastormz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Full set of wave 1 POTP deluxes at downtown Target. If I wasn't going to the Arch Enemy show I might have bought them! Pretty pricey though. I don't think I'll ever see the last two waves of Titans Return! :( 

16. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Thanks for the heads up! I stopped there and grabbed a Slug and a Swoop this morning. Still one Slug left. I didn't count the number of Jazz and Dreadwing but there were at least two of each of those. I didn't see any more Swoops, but these were scattered all over the TF section so there may be one there somewhere.

17. Spiff-O-Matic

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I still have a Dreadwing and probably a Jazz up for grabs if anyone needs. Otherwise they're going back to probably Shakopee Target.

18. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    I'm guessing I'm jinxed with Targets or something here.

I called Champlin Target this afternoon after my morning college class about the new figures. The woman that answered was nice, took the number, and then noticed they were figures, so she was going to transfer me to the toy department. I'm on hold for barely 20 seconds when the woman picked up again and just asked what figures I was looking for. I told her the names were "Dinobot Slug and Dinobot Swoop".

However, it was after I told her the names she then told me she noticed a "Set By" date, which meant they weren't on the floor for sale. She did ask though if anyone else had gotten the toys, and I mentioned a number of people were posting as having done so given the "Set By" date isn't a "Street Date", so they should be allowed to be sold. She then mentioned to call back when their "Toy Department Manager" was in at 2:30 today... Yeah, I'm guessing a manager like yesterday the one at Blaine is not gonna budge on this.

19. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    With the way this is trending, we're going to get to the Set By date and it'll just be all the Jazz we returned to the stores. Good thing Hasbro anticipated this and didn't do something stupid like throw him back in a future Wave.

What even happens if we return them at this point?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Spiff-O-Matic

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm going out on a limb and saying they'll give us our money back and the figure will sit in restock limbo for the next 2 weeks. It'll probably throw the stock off for the store and break the whole re-order process, putting that particular Target into a space-time loop where cats marry dogs and more wave 1 TLK figures get stocked for the Christmas rush.