Minicons, Minibots, Casseticons, etc. tv series

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TFan2013, Jan 5, 2017.

1. TFan2013

TFan2013 Energon Seeker

I think it would be a great tv series if Hasbro made one starring bands of cute but violent miniature transformers. I can see the toys selling well too since they'd be smaller and more affordable and kids could easily make big collections of them then. These wouldn't be the big robot toys, but the smaller ones.
    Imagine: tiny mini Autobots vs. mini Decepticons. What do you all think?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    Google+:
    Not a bad idea.

3. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Admittedly I kind of want a show based on the Mini-cons as they were portrayed in the Dreamwave Armada comic, something focusing on their politics and role in the greater war at hand, so I would totally be down for a Mini-con-centric show.

4. Robert Snoke

Robert Snoke Gundam Gusion

considering how super popular Minicons are its possible Hasbro will green light a show solely focusing only on them, hell as a kid Minicons were all the rage that you can build an army fighting in a playground, hell i still have them today mixed with the newer ones.

5. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i would like to see one based in RID universe. the mincons we've seen in that series are of such a wide verity and have such potential.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

It probably would be successful but I'm tired of the stylised cutesy aesthetics given to Transformers in recent years with the likes of Animated and RID

7. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just feel that it would be a nice new perspective to see the series from, kinda like the aramda linkage comics. It could be in the background of the larger tf conflict and occasionally cross over into it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Alpha Minor 128

Alpha Minor 128 Semi-Lurker Extraordinaire

YouTube:
    I want this now. Granted I would want it to focus more on the Minicars/bots with the likes of Brawn and Cliffjumerr and the Minicassettes like Rumble and Ramhorn.

9. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    It would probably end up being the Transformers equivalent of Teen Titans Go. While that wouldn't be a bad thing, I'm definitely not the market on a personal level.

But yes, I can see parents Spike and Carly raising a young Daniel whose only friends are the family car, Bumblebee, and his micro-buddies (who don't mass shift) Blaster+cassettes and Perceptor.

And there's a school bully who carries around Soundwave+cassettes.

Spike and Carly often gets called away by Optimus to help the Autobots, leaving Daniel to fend for himself. Cameos abound.

10. Alpha Minor 128

Alpha Minor 128 Semi-Lurker Extraordinaire

YouTube:
    That sounds kind of cool. If it wasn't for the fact that your probably right and it would be like Teen Titans Go.

11. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

I could see Hasbro doing this as like a secondary toy line/show.

However keep in mind that Hasbro also wants to promote larger toys that cost more. Like there have literally been times where a series was planning to kill off a character and Hasbro stopped them from doing it because of the toy's size class. BW Inferno for example was suppose to die at the end of the first season.

I also suspect that one of the reasons that the Japanese BW was never imported is because unlike the US series that has a wide variety of different size classes, I think the Japanese cast was mostly made up of Basic size characters, the smallest cheapest figures at the time. Not entirely mind you just mostly. I think Lip Convoy and Apache were the only really big Maximals in BWII... Not entirely sure about Neo because most of those figures don't even have U.S. counterparts... not that Lio Convoy did either but given he's the leader and the complexity of his design I'm just assuming he was Ultra class.

The American Beast Wars only had Rattrap, Airazor, and Terrorsaur as their basics on the cast. Everyone else was Deluxe or larger.

Anyway... not saying it would never happen just that they'd probably want a series with larger Transformers running at the same time. I just can't see them focusing on a cast of tiny characters as their main toy line. A secondary toy line sure, they've always had a line of smaller cheaper figures avalible, just not as a main toy line.

It would be interesting however if they made some figures like Energon High Wire... you know when they up scaled him to a Deluxe class. I'd love to see more of the UT Mini-cons given that treatment. I was never a big fan of them because at that size the articulation sucks, some are a little better than covers but most are terrible, and there's very little detail painted on those little things. The worst one was Ramjet which oddly comes with Tidal Wave who I think was one of the better figures in the toy line. The best one I think is Rollout and he also happens to be the largest of the tiny Transformers plus he forms Over load's head so they devoted a lot more paint apps to him than any of the other Mini-cons. Also Jolt who I think had the best articulation, though it's mostly do to his transformation but hey he ended up being not the only Mini-cons with ball joint hips, working knees' the legs aren't attached to each other, only thing he was missing was elbows and I think the Universe version fixed that problem when they gave Hot Shot working shoulders.

Also with today's engineering they could probably make a Jolt that no longer has hollow legs if they upscaled him.

I'm thinking Perceptor should all be Deluxe class figures but actually still be able to combine this time. Deluxe Energon High Wire lost his combined mode because they never intended to make the other two in that size class.

Everyone else should just scale according to the vehicle they transform into.

And don't upscale them like those Deluxe class Sinnertwin and Cutthroat figures from Prime. The whole point of upscaling is to make more complex figures with improved articulation and improved paint detail not to literally make larger versions of the same damn toy. Actually those things are WORSE than the original because they didn't combine and some how managed to have LESS articulation that the original.

Oh and an Upscaled Rollout wouldn't need to transform into a head or a gun since there won't be any larger figures big enough to use those modes. So they could probably give him improved articulation just from not having to engineer in those two modes.

All the other weapon Mini-cons can just ignore those modes as well. Not unless Hasbro can make them big enough to be role play weapons. Though I think the combiners would fall apart in kids hands if they tried to use them as role play weapons. I'm pretty sure that's why the Star Saber that Hasbro made back in the day didn't actually transform is because if it did the blade would keep falling off just like it does on the smaller version.

12. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Havent they kidified the franchise enough recently? Does it need more of this?

13. NaCl

NaCl Fry cook

Frenzy and Rumble miniseries when?