Miko, what to think of her now.

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Jazzfan0217, May 25, 2013.

1. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She kick ass while donning that ar .....

Who am I kidding? She still blows chunks :p 

2. LDM

LDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Having rewatched transformers animated recently, I found she was kind a teenage rip off of child Sari.

I mean the spike pigtails, disregard for authority, love of loud music, and best friend being Bulkhead. Seems like they just wanted a repeat character for mischief.

3. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

Smart ≠ sensible.

4. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    By the end of season 3 I viewed Miko like a living bomb.

She's going to go off, and there's nothing you can do about it. So you might as well turn her destructive tendencies into something useful by chucking her at somebody.

5. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Nah, I would have just killed her. She was annoying.

6. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

Because killing a teenage girl because she is annoying is a totally reasonable response.

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Because he's totally serious about a cartoon character.

8. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

So, casually talking about killing characters because they are annoying makes it better?

9. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    What's the problem? It's fictional, I didn't like the character so why can I not talk lowly of her?

Do you swat flies if they're annoying you, yes? Think of it as that.

10. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Maybe it makes me a horrible person, but I did kinda want Knockout to drop her canister on Cybertron.
    *shameface*

11. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

If they're fictional? Yeah.

As for what to do with Miko, there's a number of things that can be done. Bring her as a smarter, wiser 'big sister' kind of character, have her not appear ever again, have her make cameos as her same personality. Have her fight crime using a smaller version of the Apex Armor.

Having her die is unlikely, I feel, since the new series is trying to be lighter.

12. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Pretty much. Was very satisfied to have Predacons Rising conclude with Starscream getting (sadly off-screen) mauled to death by dragons.

13. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Yeah, but in TFP, with it's 'dark' feel, bots died left right and centre, Cliff, Megatron x2, Optimus for a second, Breakdown, Breakdown's body, Ratchet could have nearly died, Bulkhead could have nearly died, Arcee got infected with Dark Energon, Hardshell died, Ultra Magnus nearly died and many, many Vehicons died.

And, we're still stuck with the kid with an attitude. She couldn't give a rat's arse when Arcee was upset about Cliffjumper and made some snarky comment on the situation, she did not do as she was told, and if Starscream didn't have the Apex armor, would have been KILLED. You know, besides being useful with her phone camera she sucked nonetheless, she spoke down to Jack when he refused to do what she wanted, she contradicted every decision any of the bots made, she used Bulkhead for entertainment and only went on missions to satisfy her ego.

14. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Not only that, but it's very rare for this franchise to openly kill off humans. I know Ironhide pointed out the plethora of brutal deaths in this show, but all of them were robots.

We have had humans die in TFP of course, but all of them are off-screen, slurped up by an explosion or handwaved as them merely being injured rather than killed. Silas had the only on-screen death, but this is due to his life support being destroyed and his body giving out rather than actual harm done to him.

Compare these to the robots; we see Starscream straight-up jam his claws into Cliffjumper's robot heart, Arcee ripping someone's head off with her ankles, Dreadwing getting a hole shot through him, an Insecticon being decapitated and of course, Megatron grunting and struggling desperately as the gigantic sword impaled through his chest drains out his life.

I don't think this new series would change that up, particularly in regards to a young teenager.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I really want her to grow up and become the cool big sister.

Gorey demises are ok kids as long as it's robots getting mutilated, sliced and shot.

16. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Inhuman looking aliens, sufficiently decayed undead, and Eldritch Abominations as well. Werewolves too, but only in their monster forms.

17. aimop95

aimop95 Aimoperative

False. She knows the red button shoots missiles. She watched Wheeljack push it when he blew up the mine.

18. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, you mean the flashback ep, "Out of the Past," where she and Arcee bonded for the whole episode, while Miko listened to Arcee tell her story?

And frankly, if she had been as well-trained as Jack and did exactly what she was told all the time, never disobeyed, and just stood on the sidelines cheering for her bots, she would've been just as boring as Jack, and all 3 kids would've been the next contenders for most boring group of kids alongside the Armada kids.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I have to agree here.

Jack was really dull and Raf....I find him more infuriating than Miko because he's a legit Mary-Sue.

Though Fowler is the best human.

20. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed agreed agreed.

Jack was a wet blanket.
    Raf was a Mary Sue.
    Miko was the life of the party.

It's like saying Smokescreen should be thrown off the team for whatever reason. NO!! Those morose, melancholy bots needed some fun injected into the team!