Miko, what to think of her now.

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Jazzfan0217, May 25, 2013.

1. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Resident couch potato

When Miko got ahold of the Apex Armor and went all ninja crazy on Starscream and those two fliers I though that was one of her more awesome moments. Starscream looked kinda scared of her there for a second, and all three of them made quick to leave when Megatron called them back. Did this scene change anyone's thought on Miko and her usefulness?

2. TFan2013

TFan2013 Energon Seeker

I don't care how "useful" people think she is in that armor. She is a child and thinks like one. GET HER OFF THE BATTLEFIELD. It'll only take an technique fighter like Soundwave to find a way to kill her while she still wears the suit. As much as I don't like her, I don't want to see the child dead.

Besides the Apex armor would be more effective on a a soldier, maybe one who's old and experienced and just needs the extra muscle again. Someone like... FOWLER.

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Watching it was I thinking somewhere the hate Miko crowd is foaming at the mouth. Wouldn't be surprised if someone broke their TV throwing something at it.

As someone who actually likes Miko I enjoyed the scene. Miko can be pretty fearless when it comes to something to help the Autobots so a little thing like Starscream and two fliers weren't going to get in her way. For Starscream's arrogance to come back and bite him in the butt once again is just classic. Really cool for the smallest of the Wreckers to get a chance to wreck something.

It's also an episode that had me thinking Starscream sure isn't Daenerys Targaryen.

4. NathanS

NathanS Well-Known Member

I don't like Miko getting the Apex Armor. I don't feel she's earned it. At the heart of a story line, is a desire, and not being able to get that desire. A character wants something, obstacles and conflicts stop them from getting it, in the act of over coming those obstacles and conflicts they grow as character. Learn something, become a better person, or even lose something, but they are changed, that is the price for getting their desire.

She hasn't grown as a character, none of the “Miko learns as lesson” have actually stuck. Since there have been no growth or consequence from those episode she hasn't really changed and therefore paid as it where for becoming a Wrecker much less getting the Apex Armor. She's just given it, and it only re-enforces her attitude that this war is a game.

5. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Resident couch potato

Neither would I :lol 

I'm also one of Miko's fans, I liked seeing her get to kick major butt for once! And yes, Starscream will forever be his arrogant self, he wouldn't be Starscream without it. But Miko had the best comeback.

Starscream: "You know, I'm the one who snuffed Cliffjumper."

Miko: "Yeah well I snuffed Hardshell." :D  Go Miko!

6. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Miko is 100% kick ass!!! This was my favorite episode!!!

7. ebilly99

ebilly99 Well-Known Member

Everyone is saying miko doesn't learn, but if you think about it she is the smartest human there. She knows that the odds of the autobots winning are slim to none and slim took the train to Iacon City. She puts herself into trouble, but she usually claws her way out. She is not afraid of death and is willing to sacrifice for her friends. If she were a autobot she would have no one complaining. She probably thinks that she either dies in battle or dies running, she would rather die fighting

8. NathanS

I get zero impression that she thinks she can die. Rather the opposite in fact.

9. ebilly99

In war you do not dwell on how you can die, or you will find a way. Instead you live like you are immortal, so you do not dwell on death. I sure hope we see a episode where she breaks down and tells everyone how she feels. I see moments where she worries, but she is able to stay preoccupied.

10. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

I loved how Starscream and Miko were about to throw down before the Autobots came and messed it up. Screamer actually grew some balls in that scene for a second. Concerning Miko, while I don't hate her I did do a massive face palm when she put on the armor and said to myself "yep, they just went there".

11. NathanS

See I could have seen that happening if we didn't already have two season of "She learns war is not a game!" And then she goes back to treating it like a game. And there's a difference between "not dwelling on death" And laughing your butt off as a giant metal dragon tries to roast you alive.

There's an amusing , irony in people cheering for her hurting SS's arrogance. When really, he isn't, if anything his bluster is to hide an inferiority complex, well Miko? She strikes me as arrogant.

12. ebilly99

Just consider my words the rant of a madman then. I am usually wrong however there are a few times I get it right. (Called android yamcha and iceking) so yeah just rants of a madman ok :) 

13. Flexx Ark

Flexx Ark Original Cyberverse - Yes! New - Meh......

News Credits:
    I never disliked her, but wouldn't have minded seeing her mature in this series. Maybe if the show was given more time.

14. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd rather give Fowler the armor. Because he's an Army Ranger.

15. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    I found it very repellent that the TFs' Armour could by used on humans.

16. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She still the same in my eyes.

17. ThatCrazyGuy

ThatCrazyGuy Well-Known Member

Hated her before, episode made me hate her even more, lol. Give the armor to fowler.

18. Karta

Karta Active Member

Worse. If they want to improve her in my eyes then (such) combat is NOT the way to do it.

19. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sadly, no. She's still kinda useless to me. They either need to make her mature a tad more or put her completely as a background character.

You and I share a similar dislike towards her. Alas, as she currently is, they will never kill her. 1) She's a kid 2) She's a female. Those two criteria are the big "NO NO's" when it comes to death in shows, especially shows aimed towards children.

I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing a little more lethality in some of these shows, but I know it will never happen due to the producers' target audience.

20. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    I think she's cool.