Mikaela Out-Merissa In.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Coolhand, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    I dont see why they dont make Megan a sexy and a bad-ass all in one :D 

2. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

I agree. The movie verse is not G1, but it does feature many re-imagined G1 characters and concepts. No reason not to write in a tough, resourceful, sexy Marissa Faireborne character, re-imagined for the movie-verse.

Totally agree. Like I said, I'm just kicking around "what if" ideas here, but even if Mikaela stays, it doesn't prelude a Marissa type character in the third. I think having a trained, resourceful, female NEST operative in the movie would help make the cast a lot more interesting.

To be honest, I don't disagree in principle, but the CGI budget and the way Hollywood operates mean that a female lead in this kind of movie is pretty much required. So I'm trying to think within those boundaries. And I think human characers, if done well, add a lot of value to the story.

Well yeah, nothing to stop them doing that. Personally, I think the best way to have Sam and Miklaela included in the third movie without having to wrench the plot sideways to include them ("Sam, once AGAIN you are the keeper of knowledge both sides need. Guess lightning really does strike thrice, huh?") would simply be to have them join NEST and train them accordingly. End Result: Bad-ass Mikaela.

Like I said, I'm just kicking ideas around for fun.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  3. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More cliches? I'm down :p 

4. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

A female soldier is a cliché?

5. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

G.I Jane :D 

6. Echnalaid

Echnalaid Watermelons?

Ebay:
    They shouldn't make a new female lead.
    Megan Fox was just in there to look sexy. If they replace the hottest woman alive, there'd be no point in even having a female lead.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    :inquisiti 

8. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

I'd like to keep Megan around, but perhaps have a female soldier who could be Marissa Fairborn working with Lennox and the other humans, but not one of those who just happens to be cannon fodder like most soliders are in films except for the 1 or 2 who are main cast

9. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

I think should keep it as it is. If they start introducing yet more human characters, then they'll surely be given too much daft dialogue, which will detract from Transformer screentime. Then I'll have to come back here and rant about it all over again :sly2: