2D Artwork: Micromasters Sequentials WIP - Micro's rule. Deal with it.

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Quintesson #1, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Quintesson #1

Quintesson #1 Eater of Fuzzy Stuff

I thought I'd try my hand at some Micromaster sequentials again, just for practice to see if I could actually do some stuff without it looking too stiff, boring, or whatever and because I had a good response to the last two here featured pages before. Chosing the Micromasters from the Transformers since they're quite underused and virtually never have been portrayed (other than in the MTMTE by Dreamwave anyway, which happened to be my reference guide to the characters as I drew most of these on holiday in between roaming the french countryside for snacks).

Started off with only one random page (the last one featured here), but got a lot of reactions from other TF artists demanding more pages, so I thought I'd draw an actual mini story around it, from page 1 to 5 there's still a few pages missing till the last two pages which were done before I decided to draw more pages. >.> Most pages are as of yet unfinished. All the stuff was done on standard printing paper (A4) cause that's what's available to me atm.

Crits:
    Technically they need a lot of work though, I'm trying to improve on my backgrounds, having a more or less hard time with the backgrounds where it comes to trees looking somewhat natural and all, tips and crits there would be highly appreciated. I'd also like to know if the panels flow nicely and if the action is dynamic enough and not too stiff looking. Thanks very much in advance. :) 

The story:
    Still evolving, but in short the Autobot Micromasters are building Countdown's Rocket/Command Base and the Decepticon Micromasters discover this and plot a counter assault.

Click on the images for larger versions. :b:

Page 1 featuring Countdown's Rocket Base under construction by Erector, Ironworks (see the little crane upper left) and the Autobot Micromaster Construction Patrol consisting off: Crumble, Groundpounder , Neutro and Takedown. Then Page 2, featuring the ones from page 1 (tiny) and Greasepit + Base and the Micromaster Combiner Battle Squad consisting off Fireshot, Half-Track , Meltdown, PowerPunch, Vanquish, and lead by Direct-Hit.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Page 3 with the above Decepticons and page 4 with Direct-Hit and introducing Flattop + Ship. :) 

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Page 5 with the same guys from before and introducing Airwave + Airbase, who hasn't been drawn yet.

[​IMG]

Here's the second set of pages which started it all, with Barrage, Heave, Hot House + Base, Ironworks + Base, Missile Master, Moonrock and on the last page Hot House and his base versus Tailwind, Nightflight , Storm Cloud and Whisper aka the Decepticon Air Strike Patrol. Please note that some pages are still to be inserted in between the two sets to make everything fit!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Please excuse the long posts, the sketchyness and all the other messy stuff. :p issed: hope you still like it enough to crit it. :bow:

2. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Never saw what hit 'em!

Great sequential, congrats

3. Quintesson #1

Quintesson #1 Eater of Fuzzy Stuff

Thanks Lonewolf :) 

4. Weremole

Weremole Whack-a-mole Avenger

Great to see the Micros get what they deserve. =)

5. Bluestreak420

Bluestreak420 BS42O Prod. Inc.

Too Sweet! Very professional looking sequentials!! Any plans on coloring them???

6. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Awsome lines there. I'm not much of a fan of Micromasters, but I can appriciate the quality of the pix. Nice work. :thumbs2: 

7. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Micromasters rock. Flat out. Good work there. Looks like it has more potential than DW's old stuff. ;) 

8. reillyd

reillyd Well-Known Member

Artwork is superb. You've got to ink and letter that -- the art is good enough to be enjoyed without coloring even.

9. Slamdance

Slamdance The Sustainable 'Bot

That is just plain sweet, and the Micros do indeed rule.