Micromasters, is it time for a return?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by autobot prowl, Nov 3, 2016.

?

Want a redo?

1. Yes

63 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. No

9 vote(s)
    11.7%
  3. Don't Care

5 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Looking at all the fun play sets and larger figures for Titans Return I was wondering if this might be a golden opportunity to bring back micromasters. I want figures that were great for stuff like Metroplex, Fortress Maximus and the upcoming Trypticon. Would be a good time for them and continue the tiny holes in the feet like the Titan Masters so they could be cross compatible. I wouldn't want the minicon gimmick to return but just some good old fashioned Micromasters. What's your thought on this???

2. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I absolutely love Micromasters and would welcome a return with open wallet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

We kinda already had that with Minicons -- Micromasters with an actual use.

It is compelling to wonder what the next step is in Prime Wars after Titans Return and Combiner Wars. Powermasters? Pretenders? Actionmasters?

I could see the third chapter of Prime Wars being something related to Nucleon -- figures that get some kinda transparent plastic "power up" attachment that inhibits transformation maybe.

4. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Yeeeeeeeeeessssssssss

I grew up with Armada, and honestly I see them and Micromasters as basically the same thing.(Just one activates a gimmick.) With the smaller Titanmaster size class and the overall theme of extremely small figures interacting with larger ones I think a mashup of both Micromasters and Mini-cons would make for a perfect third part of the Prime Wars trilogy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Yeah but most of the minicons were very weird, and I wouldn't say slapping a mini car on your arm was very useful. Now the ones that turned into weapons also, yes

6. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd rather see Micromasters than Minicons any day of the week. Minicons were okay, but I hated those sometimes obtrusive gimmick ports. Micromasters, on the other hand, were just tiny Transformers that had bases and extras as their 'gimmicks'.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Field94

Field94 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    They're already here.(?) Stuff like Apeface and the fact Prime and Blaster have base modes to facilitate the playpattern tell me that THIS is as close to micromasters as we are gonna get. And with Shuffler, Repugnus, the dinobots and Fangry happening, along with WHATEVER other amazing things like that are in the pipeline, its a good place to be.

All that said, the size class already exists, $5 is a nice enough price, as is the partscount is there with the titanmasters and vehicles ANYWAY, third line of Prime Wars having micromasters or the like take up the mantle after titanmasters go away would be more than welcome. Bonus points if they have titanmaster interactivity but themselves do not have titanmasters (so just the pegs / enough room to have one stand up in the 'seat'), so what the legends are doing but... smaller.

8. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    i'd be down for some generations Micromasters. and their particular batches of gimmicks work out fairly well for modern pricepoints.....

Titanmaster/Legion/whatever the 5 dollar point is called this week:
    The 2-in-1 Microcombiners like Oiler and Slide, Vanquish and Fireshot

Legends:
    Micromaster Transports like Erector and Roughstuff

Deluxe:
    all about the 4 bot Micromaster Patrols.

voyager:
    Bases like Hothouse and Ironworks, and the Six-Teams like Sixwing, Sixliner, and Sixbuilder

Leader:
    Traditional Leader class figures, with Micromaster partners. this gives us guys like Star Convoy with Rodimus, Dai Atlas with Drillbuster and Super Megatron with Nickel.

• Like Like x 4
  9. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...Micro...what?

I'm starting to think Transformers has too many tiny robots. Seriously. Minicons, Targetmasters, Headmasters, Powermasters, Headmaster Juniors, Breastmasters, AND Micromasters??? It's too much!

10. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

Not Breastmasters. Breastforce.

And you forgot Titanmasters, Brainmasters, and Powered Masters.

Personally I like all the little *-masters. I see them all as hailing/descended from the TFs of planet Master and later Micro/Zone -- later becoming the Maximals. (Yes, yes, this is all headcanon.)

11. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    If Mini-cons/Micromasters return I doubt we'd see something akin to just plugging a car onto you arm. If you take one of the smaller Titanmaster figures like Apeface, you have the Headmaster, Targetmaster, essentially the Powermaster, and almost the Actionmaster gimmick roled up into one nice $5 package. Micromasters could essentially draw upon multiple gimmicks and still be the same miniature robots they are. If they do return I'd bet it would be with a gimmick, and then their just Mini-cons. What Field94 said is also true, the Generations line is essentially geared towards smaller figures right now. So smaller transforming robots that interact aith everything with multiple gimmicks keeps thats playability going as well.

12. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Would be cool, but priority should be with getting 87, 88 and 89 bigger characters first.

13. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Yeah, I think the bases is to make up of their lack of articulation, considering that it's tricky to make articulated figures with the size they have and even some of the bases feature 5mm ports. Some of them even have those hollow holes that were found on minicon ports, which are basically 5mm ports, i think it was obtrusive due to their placement and in some cases how many of them are there. But it's hard for me to dislike the ol' fashioned round 5mm port/peg system.

Armada Minicons atleast had a few features that made them interesting, some having 5-mm compatible weapon modes. The concept which the Thrilling 30th micromasters used as well. The odd thing some minicons are repurposed as micromasters which i ponder they didn't go full circle and make "Minicon" repaints of those micromaster molds.

I guess that be neat, i hope those molds have some 5mm holes, just like some of their original counterparts have. Maybe some weapon modes like the thrilling 30th micromasters?

14. Tresob

Tresob Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind another shot at the micromaster combiner teams.

15. MrSoundmeister

It wouldn't be so hard either, considering the 5mm peg and hole system would be perfect for making mini-combiners.

16. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Minicons are becoming a thing again... and the original Armada ones basically were Micromasters that unlocked gimmicks on bigger bots. What's interesting is that Power Core Combiners and Takara Prime's Arms Micron made these guys more like Targetmasters, if anything. One could argue that the current Titan Master small packs, the ones with Headmaster and Vehicle, are kind of like Micromasters... at least in the sense that one alt mode on the vehicles allows the Titanmaster to basically become one with the vehicle. Another mode is a riding mode, and a third mode is a weapon mode.

Also there's the Titan bases formed from various bots to serve the smaller Titans... kind of like the Micromaster stations...
    [​IMG]

Heck... they might as well make it that Minicons encompass ALL those gimmicks/roles now... Little guys that take on a variety of tasks... be it self-sufficient using Transectors or being Micromasters, or partnering up as Armada-styled Minicons or Targetmasters...

17. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    How would Micromasters be any different from the Cyberverse/Legends class figures we've already been getting?

Small robots/small vehicles? Check and check. I'm not sure what you'd want that you aren't already getting.

18. MrSoundmeister

Maybe they want updated versions of the original micromasters themselves. Like Big Daddy, Erector and the like.

• Like Like x 2
  19. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i would love more of the ones like they put out with the legends. Small, simple and cool

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout A face you can trust! Really!

Stick with Legends. Cyberverse was an attempt to bring back Micromasters and it didn't really take off due to the size.

:gen069: 

Where do you think Universe 2.0 Treadbolt, Flak, Countdown, and Skyfall came from?!