Microman Forever Is Gone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DigitalBrave3, Mar 24, 2020.

1. DigitalBrave3

DigitalBrave3 Collector Canine

The only English-language Microman database that I'm aware of, originally found here, is gone. The domain appears to be going up for sale soon and not all of the site appears to be saved on the Wayback Machine. Is there anything that can be done to save the site? I had been using this site for my own research while attempting to collect these figures.

Edit: The entire site actually is archived on the Wayback machine, but not every image on the site successfully made it to being archived. All the text is there, but not all the pictures are.

Another Edit: It's alive! The site just moved from a .com domain to a .net domain. micromain

Yet Another Edit: The .net domain is gone too. The Wayback Machine is now the only way to view the site, but you have to use the .com domain URL on there and skip around in time a bunch to see all of the pages, information, and images.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thats good. I know the toy line is dead but I liked having the reference for them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. engledogg

engledogg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The .net site doesn't seem to have any real info (a bunch of generic toy links)...unless I'm doing something wrong, it seems dead, too.

MIKE
    engledogg

4. DigitalBrave3

Yeah, the .net domain died a few hours after I made the initial post. The old .com site is fully archived on the Wayback Machine, though. You just have to skip around in time a whole bunch on it in order to see everything.

5. CypherZero

CypherZero Well-Known Member

It's disheartening when a fan-based site just disappears. Probably because some people just move on with their lives, or there's no fanbase to justify keeping it up and running. Thankfully, there's MicroForever website, which has lots of information on the classic and revitalized line of Microman figures.

micromain

• Like Like x 1
  6. DigitalBrave3

Yeah, not long after my original final post in this thread, the Microman Forever site I was freaking out about being gone reappeared at that domain you linked to. That's the same site. I truly do hope it sticks around.

• Like Like x 2