Microblaze Creations Military Titans - Unofficial Voyager Scale FOC Onslaught

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by archieboy, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Go for this one, I'd say.

Bear in mind, this Onslaught is already accurate to the videogame version.
    The 'problem' with Onslaught is that for Bruticus mode, he kind of cheats and becomes brown/grey, even though he was blue and green before.

So instead of dull brown your Bruticus will now be a dull blue. It's not that different in tone - the only really obvious difference would be the head, which has an inaccurate black helmet. I don't think that looks bad at all - might be easy to paint over, OR might be replaced with the original head..who knows? :) 

2. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    The SDCC parts put me over the top on ordering this bad boy, combined with the Captured Prey discount code.

And re: the color of the torso, yeah. It cheats because a chestplate shows up, but otherwise he is blue. Hell, the TakaraTomy Onslaught is blue and looks just fine when in combined mode.

3. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Off-color chest plates just falling out of the sky from nowhere to combine with Bruticus is sort of his thing since G1. Unless we're talking about Blast-Off wings turning into the chest plate, but that's a whole other can of worms. :D 

4. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, there's a reason for it happening, definitely. Talked to the lead concept artist of WFC/FOC a while back and let me tell you: whatever Hasbro's spinning with that Alignment stuff, these games were definitely meant as throwbacks to G1, and a lot of people working there had mad love for the G1 - understandable considering their age.

Bruticus becoming grey when Onslaught was blue is probably the result of that mindset (and his slightly larger head probably as well). I'm happy though that the toy did not come with another partsformery panel to just stick on there, but is in fact one form changing to another (the irony here being I will now buy a partsformery upgrade to complement my set :lol  ).

Either way, Onslaught looks fine. Whether he's blue or brown..both work just as well, right? :) 

5. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Already pre-ordered. :)  Thanks for all for helping me make the purchase.

6. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    discount code? care to share?;) 

7. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

Here it is:

8. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So where would be a good place to pick up Fruiticus or preferably Premium Bruticus? I missed the boat on the $60 deal and the next best bet is $100 at BBTS/Amazon, but I don't feel comfortable paying out the rear for hunks of junk so I can polish it with another $100.

9. Tarrn

Tarrn Bikeformer Fanboy

There's an eBay seller doing what looks like loose sets of Platinum Bruticus (he also has loose Platinum Grimlocks, so I'm guessing the packaging was stripped to bring costs down) for $59 plus international postage, I can't say how much that'll be to where you are but it's probably less than $100 combined. He also has retail and G2 editions for sale.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Transform...nFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item565a0bf563

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Transform...4932?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item565a08f904

10. vvvTheONEvvv

vvvTheONEvvv \/ He Thinks He's Smart.

News Credits:
    ^^loose OOP transformers classify as "used" in my book... and for 85 bucks total including shipping, not a real deal either...

you're better off finding a platinum MISB set for 99.00 at TRU with free shipping - at least you'd get a shinny grimmy out of it, and you could be sure it is a MISB transformer to boot'.

still in stock at toysrus.com, atm.
    ;) 

11. lucas maximus

lucas maximus Need more Kain...

it says in the picture they released recently that they were announcing their plans for takara/g2/impactor later in july i think.

12. badbadryan

badbadryan Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have never bought from them before usually I do BBTS. Are they reliable? I have 2 ordered at BBTS but would switch here to save a few bucks.

13. fordprefect294

fordprefect294 Well-Known Member

BBTS still has the retail five set in stock for $75 + shipping. Slightly Les than 99

14. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

I've shopped with them for years, solid seller with a flawless record in my experience. They occasionally get items in a little later than others, but it's never a huge wait and the communication is good.

Also FYI, the pre-order policy is to pay up front. I like it better because you know you're already paid for when stuff becomes available, but everyone has their own preference.

15. audio321

audio321 Well-Known Member

Great retailer, I have some stuff on order with him now, but be aware you will pay upfront and he will be pretty much the last store to get an item.

16. Massasoit

Massasoit Combicon

So the 2 Brawl hand pieces (and whatever that 3rd piece is) only come in the retail green colors?

17. anindrew

anindrew Writing a #vss365 superhero(?) novel on Twitter

I've been wondering that, too. Most likely those 3 Brawl pieces will be retail green as that would be another three pieces that would have to be included in the early bird special in sdcc/platinum colors, but only time will tell. That certainly is a valid concern. For me, the main feature of this set is the hugely improved Bruticus combined mode, which is how I'll keep this set 99% of the time. I also wonder what the "berserk mask" will look like.

18. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I suppose those extra pieces can be painted more easily by fans themselves considering how small they are. It's just a matter of finding the right matching color of green for them.

19. JasperGunner02

JasperGunner02 Javelin is Best Fem-Bot

Now this I very much like.

20. Chosen Prime

Chosen Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, these are made to match the SDCC/Platinum set, so they will be green as of right now.