Microblaze Creations Military Titans - Unofficial Voyager Scale FOC Onslaught

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by archieboy, Aug 21, 2013.

1. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I did. I resorted to pulling out the ratchets and rearranging them and that worked, surprisingly. He still likes to lean forward and present as a toppling risk but at least he stands.

2. titan

titan Still Vehicon

Thanks. I'm having a tough time making mine stand upright. Darn floppy combiners....

3. Scott_XIII

Scott_XIII Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  4. lucas maximus

lucas maximus Need more Kain...

But how else would we get good arm modes out of the crap hasbro gave us? And vortex is literally made by popping one peg out. That isn't that bad. Yes, blastoff has much more, but the end result is worth it. If this were a 'from scratch' 3rd party combiner, then yes, it would be disappointing, but it's an add-on and becomes acceptable as thus. Kind of how m3 cheats with the legs, but I still like that complicated bastard.
    I actually also don't mind switching between modes. The more work to switch between modes makes it more worth the money to me. Would you rather pay $60 for a good game with 80 hours of play or 10 hours? That's kind of how i view it.
    Simple transformations turn me off to a figure and it feels like a waste of money. If something is complex, even overly so (but not unnecessarily so), I feel it's money well spent.
    But like you said, it's your opinion, and this is mine.:thumb 

5. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Yep, I have the same problem.

I got this set before Christmas and put it straight into combined mode and have barely gone back since.
    It looks great but it was a pain in the are to transform, the crotch likes to unpeg itself and any handling makes the knees flop forward or back.

Overall it does a great job improving the figure to an unrecognisable degree, but is just a sod to transform.

Haven't bothered with the truck mode and doubt I will

6. Dashdragon

Dashdragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fairly certain mine will be getting some elective surgery at some point - like the combiner port on Vortex. I might leave it as it looks rather like a booster in black but *shrug*

Pretty much a foregone conclusion that the Swindle foot pieces are getting glued. I don't really like the new head for him anyway, which is a shame because I do prefer the new chest piece look. I doubt I'll be uncombining them anytime soon or often if that, so it's not that much of a loss. I do have all of Brawl's new pieces on him, though.

I do want to thank Peaugh as his video was definitely helpful for some of the fiddly parts of the set. Some of the worst instructions I've seen in that pamphlet that came with it, lol.

7. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for offering tips about Transforming this guy. I got him for x-mas and Transforming him was a breeze...... well not a breeze, but the hour and a half process went along smoothly. Also I found it noteworthy to mention about NotSlaught was, unlike every other 3rd party figure I own, I never felt like I was going to break it, which I feel is worth mentioning. Again thanks to all for the input.

PS: A dumb little tip for the crotch flaps popping out, if you stick a small piece of scotch tape on the ball joint connector they stay on nice and sturdy.

8. Alcaluce

Alcaluce Well-Known Member

Anybody have a solution to fix the loose hips in combined mode?

9. jrhudson

jrhudson Well-Known Member

I second that request!

10. Starscream1997

Starscream1997 Well-Known Member

So I emailed TFsource on The 31st and they still haven't replied anyone know how long they usually take to respond?

11. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    There was a holiday on the 31st and the day after...

12. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Yep. If you're dealing with an American company that is bigger than...3 people, you're probably SOL getting help from about 12/24 to about the Monday after New Years day.

13. jrhudson

jrhudson Well-Known Member

Yea! Merica!

14. Starscream1997

Starscream1997 Well-Known Member

15. CQCSnake

CQCSnake Well-Known Member

Loose hips? Do you mean the hips keep coming apart? If so, you have to make sure his green robot mode shoulder flaps are sitting flat against the recessions inside the hip. One of the green flaps on mine was offset so I had to realign it, now it stays together very well.

16. kjata

kjata Well-Known Member

I ended up with two right shoulder flaps somehow. And the Vortex wrist is so tight I nearly twisted it right off trying to get it into combined mode. Whom do I talk to about that?

17. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 TFW's #1 Combaticon Addict 10 years running Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Retailer about the shoulder. As for the wrist, either consult your patience level as it will need time to wear down or get some sand paper.

18. Merdock12

Merdock12 Well-Known Member

Can anyone explain to me steps 6 and 7 from the Swindle portion of the instructions? I have no idea what part they are referring to.

19. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Speaking of those green flaps, is there any way someone can show me how they're supposed to go when he is in combined mode? I could not suss out how to place them from the instructions so I just took them off because you can't see them, but maybe they have some function after all?

20. CQCSnake

CQCSnake Well-Known Member

Area in red is a groove designed for the green flap to fit in.
    1.jpg

Make sure green flap is flat, unlike the left side. For mine, I have to put pressure at a certain angle for it to stay flat. If I don't, the hip comes apart easily.
    2.jpg

Bring the 2 halves together and then hook and tab them into place.
    3.jpg

Should look like this from the side.
    4.jpg

Plug the assembled hip into the backside of the crotch guard. Hope this helps.
    5.jpg