Michigan Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by ikado, Jan 11, 2003.

1. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Monroe Meijer & Walmart--

Both had Scattershot, Onslaught; legends Groove, Rodimus, Skywarp, Blackjack. Meijer also has 2 Silverbolt.

2. phoenixhawk

phoenixhawk Rollin' to the Rescue! :)

News Credits:
    Bought Sky Lynx today at Target in Saginaw. With the special on TFs in Cartwheel, saved a little, too. Glad to find him. Bought the Legends wave with Shockwave online, so not sure what else there is to find until Titan Wars hits.

3. crispyklown

crispyklown Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Target in allen park has 1 skylynks, 2 onslaughts and 1 scattorshot, also has 2 of each new rid deployers, kmart on vanborn in taylor has 2 legends shockwaves and 1 wreckgar.

4. ionacus

ionacus Well-Known Member

Anyone know how much the legends BB/scorpinok 2007 movie 2 pack is selling for? I know it's a hard one to find. And it was the only way to find legends scorpinok.

5. crispyklown

News Credits:
  6. ionacus

7. Teratron

Teratron Kaiser Dragon

So I have a very odd sighting to report. Last night, I was at the Dearborn Heights Target on Ford Road between Inkster and Beech Daly. They had a random Generations Sky Shadow on the Transformer pegs. :confused:  I don't stop at that store too often, but I do stop there occasionally and I've never seen it there before, so I have no idea why a five-year-old toy suddenly appeared.

I didn't buy it though because the package has obviously been tampered with. I could tell right away that something was off because the artwork was messed up where the bubble meets the card. It also became clear that the bubble had been detached and re-glued to the card. At first I thought maybe it was just discolored by whatever glue was used to reattach the bubble, but I eventually noticed the line art also didn't line up. It took a bit, but I eventually noticed a bigger giveaway: the bubble had a molded Autobot symbol.

Apparently someone repackaged a Sky Shadow using the bubble from some random Autobot. Looking closer, I could see that Sky Shadow himself was tied to the interior packaging with the cloth ties used in that era, but I couldn't tell whether they were the original ties or if he'd been removed and then later replaced. I couldn't see a molded spot in the packaging for the gun. Instead it appeared to simply be taped in place inside the bubble. At that point, I decided I didn't trust it and didn't spend any more time inspecting it.

Anyway, if you want a Sky Shadow and are willing to gamble a bit, he's there for the taking. It's possible that it's something as simple as there being a couple toys that had the bubbles fall off the cards and the employees mixed them up when replacing them, but it's also possible that there's something wrong with it and someone just cobbled something together to get a few bucks back. I really have no idea.

8. ionacus

That's weird

9. phoenixhawk

phoenixhawk Rollin' to the Rescue! :)

News Credits:
    That's a weird find at Target. I remember seeing ancient stuff at Wal Marts, like ten year old NASCAR stuff that clearly had been returned years later and they had some stuff from Revenge of the Fallen until last winter.

10. Effion

Effion It's also a gun

Spotted a couple RiD Megatronuses (with the face, not a battle mask) at Madison Heights TRU. They also had the blue and white RiD Optimus and a couple Fractures mixed in with BB, Sideswipe, and Strongarm.

Target across the street had a couple Onslaughts and the revision wave of limbs.

My wallet is kind of enjoying the lull, heh.

11. crispyklown

News Credits:
    Meijer in lincoln park has deluxe rid megatronus, fracture and blue and white optimus.

12. Rodimus Billionaire

Rodimus Billionaire Well-Known Member

What are the revised limbs?

13. Effion

Effion It's also a gun

They're a mixed case of Combaticons and Autobots. Wheeljack, Smokescreen, Blast-Off, Brawl (x2), Swindle (x2), and Vortex. I'm kind of surprised that the revision case isn't half and half, but it probably makes sense to somebody.

14. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    Sky Lynx is showing up in Targets. Got mine in Auburn Hills today

15. ionacus

Setting up for motor city tomorrow. Hope to see some of you guys there.

16. Shiftimus Prime

Shiftimus Prime Toy Dude

Big Ben's has a Sky Lynx. Sure it's $35 but it's probably not going anywhere anytime soon if you're desperate.

17. Super Bumblebee

Super Bumblebee Autobot

Instagram:
    Saw Deployer Overload w/Backtrack at the Walmart on Hall Road and Romeo Plank. They had Deployer Blizzard Strike Drift as well.

If anyone sees a CW Vortex anywhere, or the regular (red) CW Optimus Prime(I know its old), let me know.

18. Shiftimus Prime

Shiftimus Prime Toy Dude

If you're anywhere near Allen Park, I saw a couple CW red Primes at Big Ben's yesterday when I found Sky Lynx. They also had a few combaticons but I don't know is Vortex was among them.

19. Super Bumblebee

Super Bumblebee Autobot

Instagram:
    I'm actually in Shelby Township,so kind of far, but I have heard a lot of good things about Big Bens. I hope to go there someday.

20. Shiftimus Prime

Shiftimus Prime Toy Dude

You're close enough for the trip to be worth it as a once and a while thing. It's definitely worth the trip for the huge array of older figures alone. There is usually a $10 mark up on current transformers but they usually get them much earlier than the bigger retailers. And right across the street is one of the best liquor stores down river, if you're into that sort of thing.