Michigan Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by ikado, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Teratron

Teratron Kaiser Dragon

My wife just got me that Armada Megatron from the Westland TRU today. :p 

I had mixed feelings about him from pictures, but I like him quite a bit in person. He's a bit too tall and thin for my liking, and I'm still annoyed that they didn't retool his chest plate. But I love the extent to which the color scheme mimics the original, and it's nice to finally have an Armada Megs that doesn't look like a dwarf next to his Energon and Cybertron incarnations.

2. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I still haven't made up my mind on which Megatron I'm going to get.

If it weren't for MTMTE I'd have gone for the Armada version (in fact, when both were seen for the first time, I was only interested in the Armada version due to the colors), it allows for easy repurposing as Megazarak and looks visually more interesting. For me and my collection, Animated Shadow Blade Megatron is my definitive Megatron and part of my "optimal" Decepticon Faction that I've been building for some time, so the G1 version isn't really necessary.

However, I have been enjoying MTMTE and with the propensity of the comics to follow the toys, I imagine that it will show up at some point. And on top of that, we haven't seen what Takara is going to do either.

Regardless, I'm a bit tapped out at the moment, so it'll be another week or two before I'm even in a position to make a purchase of either one. At the moment I'm leaning a bit more towards the Armada version.

3. Flash1087

Flash1087 Maybe in an Alternate Dimension

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    GOOD I HOPE THE TWO OF YOU ARE VERY HAPPY TOGETHER

In a similar vein, the Port Huron/Fort Gratiot TRU also has an Armada Megatron. They had a G1 Megatron, too. I saw it in person.

It was in a back office of the store because someone had purchased him over the phone because I guess that's a thing we do now at Toys R Us.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting over it. I'm just gonna try to put the broken leg back on my TFA Leader Megatron and he's just gonna have to be my Megatron now going forward. I doubt I'm going to bother with Magnus either after all this.

4. phoenixhawk

phoenixhawk Rollin' to the Rescue! :)

News Credits:
    Yes, TRU will do phone orders...I've processed one at Babies R Us. It's not a common thing, but it is acceptable. Now you know...

5. Flash1087

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A lesson hard learned, BUT AT WHAT COST?! :D 

6. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    flash...you see that xtransbots F body????

HELL YES

7. ionacus

ionacus Well-Known Member

Picked up drag strip at the 12/dequinder target. I didn't pick up any of the aerialbots on account I can't remember if I had alpha bravo or firefly. The also restocked the rid figures, but outside Optimus I have everyone. I was suprised by BB. he is a nice simplistic toy. But not stupidly simple.

8. Ultra BuckNutz

Ultra BuckNutz Sharkticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't seen any transformers at TJ Maxx in quite some time. Personally I have no interest in Headmasters, but if that became available for $10 at a TJ's I'd probably get one just because it looks reasonably cool.

Tru dat. Must fight the urge to make depression purchases. It's just like it is with slumpbusters. It seems like a good idea in the moment, but you will always live with the shame.

As above, don't abandon all hope. Are you totally opposed to buying it online? I've all but abandoned retail purchases because I never find shit in stores anymore. I'm not looking for one either, so like the gentleman above, I can keep a lookout and send one your way if I see one (unlikely though, because Lansing is a toy wasteland).

The only X-transbot thing I've ever gotten was a G1 Devastator upgrade that's pretty mediocre. But that thing looks bad as hell. If it really have flip up headlights and removable T-tops, I'm getting it just for vehicle mode and painting it black. Transforming KITT... hell fuck yeah!

Now someone make a Generation 2 body Windcharger so I can also have a transforming Bandit!

9. Mirimus

Mirimus Member Known Well

Sometimes...sometimes that's true even if it's not a slumpbuster...

10. dolomitex

dolomitex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Combiner Wars Motormaster, Leader Megatron, Blackjack and the wave 2 deluxes are now available on hasbrotoyshop.com. The guys on that thread are pretty dang quick to find 'em. Figured I'd mention it just in case you guys keep closer tabs on this thread than that one.

11. Flash1087

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And I totally missed him because I was at work. :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: 

12. Flash1087

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am absolutely 100% opposed to buying it online unless someone shows me somewhere that isn't selling it for Internet Asshole Prices. The Chosen Prime isn't being a huge dick about cost but the last pre-order I placed there didn't go so hot.

I did, and it was BEAUTIFUL. I don't even care if that's maybe not the model Trans Am he's supposed to turn into, I can't say no to that thing. I don't get too hard into 3P stuff but I've loved a lot of XTB's toys lately.

13. ionacus

ionacus Well-Known Member

Just pointing out that hope springs eternal misery

14. Flash1087

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't it just, buddy. Don't it just.

Back to business though, if anyone still needs some AoE Voyagers the Southgate Walmart has the whole selection right now, and the Southgate TRU still has all the CW Deluxes. I think I saw a Silverbolt at the Taylor Target, too.

And everywhere you look, there's Armada Megatron. :( 

15. bensdady

bensdady Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    family2015 gives you 20 percent off and free shipping.

16. phoenixhawk

News Credits:
    what's that code for?

17. phoenixhawk

News Credits:
    If anyone is out and about and they find either Brainstorm at TJMaxx or Marshalls or find an Arcee...I am still looking for those two. I would gladly compensate you for your trouble. Thanks!!

Chris

18. Mirimus

Mirimus Member Known Well

Hasbro Toy Shop

19. Flash1087

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I caved in and reserved Megatron on The Chosen Prime. I tried preordering Brainstorm there not long ago and it...didn't quite pan out, but I figured (mostly) everyone deserves a second chance sometimes, right? Probably gonna order Huffer from HTS just to save myself the heartache, since he's the only Wave 2 toy I want.

I have a pretty decent TJ Maxx by me so if I find Brainstorm I'll set a brother up. We all gotta stick together, right? :D 

20. phoenixhawk

News Credits:
    Bummer...all the new stuff is out of stock. :(