Michigan Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by ikado, Jan 11, 2003.

1. phoenixhawk

phoenixhawk Rollin' to the Rescue! :)

News Credits:
    as with anything, not everyone will participate and there are many more who buy and collect things who don't even know about this site, let alone post here

2. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^^ he's right too...but your not paranoid. I know 1st hand non member use these sightings.

3. JTKranix

JTKranix Decepticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are other forums besides tfw2005 too.

4. hrxzk973

hrxzk973 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing in alpena but wave 1 of AOE

5. Shiftimus Prime

Shiftimus Prime Part-Part Time Reviewer

Most likely they are Transformers fans (or even general customers buying for their kids) who have never visited the site before. For a long while before discovering this forum, I would just got to stores and happen across something good. Then I would pop on a different forum that's not local (usually /toy/) to find that a lot of people are having a hard time finding the thing I just chanced upon. This happened to me for both MP-09 and MP-10. Sure there are some dicks lurking around, but I feel that they are a vast minority.

6. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    Yes, yes you are. Extremely so. I mean... do you really believe there is a zombie horde of buyers out there who are watching what you post just so they can then jump in the car and rush out and pick out what you posted? Because if so I am concerned about your sanity.

Are there people who look but don't post on here? Of course. I do it from time to time... because I'm not going to spam this thread going "Yeah, just went to that store too!" But as you said after that... lapse in sanity... this is a popular hobby and we represent maybe 15% of the buyers at retail.

7. Junkion

Junkion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't believe in Zombie Hordes but I'd still be concerned about my sanity :lol  I would agree with your statement. Just to play devils advocate, has anyone seen prowl on the shelves? From what I've heard with these shipment and my experiences with other masterpiece TFs, the only time I've seen a mp on the shelf was MP-10. Others either had to be asked to bring the case out or were behind the Customer Service counter. If each location I listed had 3 each (1 case) then how would a normal buyer with no knowledge of the boards know where to look/ask? I haven't been to other toysrus so maybe they were actually on the shelves. Who knows? I'm probably just losing my sanity with this MP-Craze! :lol 

8. Galvatron2010

Galvatron2010 Active Member

The Prowl and Sunstorm I purchased Saturday were on the shelves. It varies by location and probably price though. Last year, pontiac TRU had 10 cases of mp Soundwave, had to ask at the counter and was brought to the back and had the items walked up to the register. Mp 10 Prime I found on the floor in the tf aisle. Rodimus was behind a counter, Grimmy was found on a shelf. Just keep at it, perserverance will pay off. Call and bug the shit out of every nearby TRU, find out their truck day, and get there early. I feel extremely lucky to have found both this year on my first try.

9. momentai

momentai New Member

prowl and sunstorm

I work at TRU and did a search for MP Prowl and Sunstorm last night. As of last night at 8PM, there was a MP Prowl at Troy, Westland, Grand rapids, and Livonia locations. No Sunstorms showed up in inventory in Michigan.

I think it's cool that rowl can fit inside the MP Optimus trailer, but also a bit sad he isn't larger, like MP Hot Rod from a few years ago.

Attached Files:

10. Crimson Guard

Crimson Guard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No MP Prowl or Sunstorm at either Dearborn or Westland TRU today. Two Generations Tailgate's at Westland for anyone interested. Still on the hunt for Prowl, hopefully we'll get lucky this week.

11. SuperAra13

SuperAra13 Active Member

Is Grimlock still on shelves?

12. opey6

opey6 Member

I actually found a Grimlock today in Portage. Didn't pick him up since I already have him, but was shocked to see him on the shelf. He was NOT there on Friday (the last time I was in the store).

13. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Head of Illuminati Chapter 517

News Credits:
    A heads up: This month begins the major toy aisle reset for most stores. I know for a fact Meijer has to have theirs done by the 21st and many stores are starting now or will wait till just before the deadline... depends on when their toy inventory is. The Meijers in Washington Township and Rochester are both doing their switchovers this week. For Meijer, expect the Hero Mashers to go up, as they were part of the new set (though a few stores were able to put them out already...)

Target is also prepping for their reset at the moment... the one in Rochester was beginning to move things around when I popped in.

No idea about Wal-Mart and Target (didn't visit them today) but they should do their switch overs soon enough.

We should see a lot of stuff change and a purge of the old stuff pretty quick.

14. ionacus

ionacus Well-Known Member

Not a sighting but my boss gave me a vintage voltron she picked up at a garage sale this weekend for 5 bucks. It's the metal one and in amazing shape. It's awesome. She is a bit of a hard ass but she finds me great toys.

15. Goldprime

Goldprime Well-Known Member

16. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

The Meijer on 15 mile and Utica had 2 generation tankors this morning. Someone must have snagged the Rattraps before I got there.

17. opey6

opey6 Member

Just another heads up, Portage TRU still have an MP Grimlock on the shelves today. If you're looking for him, maybe have your TRU call Portage and get it for you??? Just a thought if he's eluded you thus far. Cant imagine he'll sit on the shelf for much longer.

18. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Roadbuster found at target on the hill...

19. Goldprime

Goldprime Well-Known Member

Prowl and sunstorm back up

20. Flash1087

Flash1087 Maybe in an Alternate Dimension

Ebay:
    WHOA, how many of them were there? Did you pick it up?

Also, allegedly the Livonia TRU has a Prowl if anyone still needs it. I just gave up on it and ordered one online - it looks like my order went through for now, at least.