Michael Bay Transformers Movie Trilogy Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Yubarules77

Yubarules77 Well-Known Member

Bay is back the light giver

Oh hail bay!! Oh hail Bay!!

Oh Bay can you see

by the dawns early light....

praise bay !!! praise bay!!

[​IMG]

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thank you Michael Bay! :bay 

3. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

Thanks Mike the ride has had some things I would change (toilet humor) but its been a great show. Thanks God bless and please come back for TF4 there is still so much untapped potential- message me if you want ideas lol

4. Mikey246

Mikey246 Autobot

while i watched transformers as a kid(G1) and had the toys i never really was a transformers nut, until the first movie came out, i know have a colloection of nearly 500 transformers toys, if it wasn't for Bay i never would have went to this years botcon and never would have met John and Patty to people who will be great freinds for the rest of my life, so thanks again Mr. Bay for bringing magic to this 30 year olds life.

5. wolverenz

wolverenz Decepticon

News Credits:
    I started collecting TF's when I first saw the movie, then I started customizing Transformers, at first focusing on all movie figures making them movie accurate. With that said, I, thank you Michael Bay for bringing us such an awesome take on Transformers franchise. Thank you for bringing them to life!

:thumb 

6. Starwave

Starwave Herald of Unicron

I haven't seen any other movies by Michael Bay, but I respect the man for what he did for Transformers. Without him and Spielburg, Transformers wouldn't have nearly as much recognition as it does today. Now, it's more mainstream than it ever has been before. Thank you, Mr. Bay. I may have hated ROTF, but from what I've heard, DOTM makes up for it's mistakes. And plus, I got some pretty cool toys out of all these films. THAT counts for something.

7. DarthP00P00

DarthP00P00 Autobot

I grew up with Beast Wars, so naturally as I got older I eventually outgrew the whole Transformers thing. The shows after BW did little to revive the autobot in me and my attention went to other things as the years went by. Then 2007 happened. The moment I saw the first poster, the first teaser trailer, I was drawn back like the Enterprise to a black hole. Micheal Bay has single handily rekindled my love for the franchise, and since that wonderful July 3rd 2007 I have been rapped of my money ever since. I'm sad to see the Bayformers come to and end(?), but the future of Transformers can only get better and better from here on out. Like his movies or not, theres no denying that without Micheal Bay... The Transformers would have never been in the spotlight that the franchise is in today.

Long live Micheal, its been an honor.

8. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

no doubt darth bay and co. did an awesome job i think we will all be sad when the end comes.

9. Shockwaved

Shockwaved Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've been a fan since G1 but like many kinda lost touch with Transformers in the years that followed only catching some episodes of BW/BM and the Unicron Trilogy every now and again, when I first heard that there was going to be a live action movie I couldn't believe it. My interest was reignited and then some.

I started trying to find out as much as I can and stumbled onto these very boards and soon i was hooked. Then began the collecting of the movie toys but soon discovered the Classics range and I've never looked back.

So a massive thanks Michael Bay for bringing Transformers back into my life and for bringing, while not Shakespeare, hours of awesome robot action.
    (My wallet, however, would like to beat you across the head with a brick.)

10. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

I have loved watching the movies. The first one at Botcon, and the second one with my nephew. Everyone should have seen the look on his face when we got to the Minnesota Zoo and he saw the posters for ROTF at the IMAX theater right next to it. He wanted to see it so badly, but had no clue it was out. He thought I was taking him to zoo, but when I told him we weren't going to the zoo, but going to see the movie. He was so happy.

At the end of the day I took him to BK for dinner and he got the ROTF kids meal toy. We also went to TRU and I got him and his sister a ROTF toy. When I got him home he told me he had the best day of his life. That one statement made my day.

Thank you Michael Bay for the memories. I'm excited to see new movie, when I can get some free time.

11. Rodan75

Rodan75 Active Member

News Credits:
    Hello everybody, this is my first post on this board: I'm an italian TF-fan and I wanted to say THANK YOU to mr. Michael Bay, who made my dreams reality.

I loved the first movie in 2007: I used to watch the cartoons in the 80's but since then I moved out (I didn't watch series like Beast Wars or the Unicorn Trilogy). The movie raised my passion again and since that day I became a die hard TF fan, watched all the cartoons I had lost (BW, Animated etc.) and, of course, I boutgh the toys of the new lines :drool: 

I loved the new design of the robots, loved the humor and characters like Simmons and Sam, I saw the movies many times on the big screen and DVD.

In 2009 I was in the theaters again and I loved the second installment: Loved the opening sequence in Shanghai, loved the battle in the forest, almost cried to the fate of Optimus (my hero), and the meeting whit the Primes made me "eye candy". I sincereley never understood completely the hatred toward this movie: it wasn't perfect like the first one, had flaws, but it was still such a grand spectacle! So, I watched it over and over again with joy!

Now I'm waiting for the italian première of the third one, the next 29th of June. Every minut I still remember the day I left the theater after the screening of "Transformers"... hoping that my car turned into a robot :D 

Thank you for all this, mr. Bay!

12. Sonicpower451

Sonicpower451 Well-Known Member

Thanks Bay, Spielberg, and all those who worked on this awesome movie franchise. So, Dark of the Moon is only a few days away! So, Transformers fans, once the time comes, we ROLL OUT!

13. Divers2001

Divers2001 Active Member

Thank you for the films. Particularly Peter Cullen as our main man :) 

14. taylor_t

taylor_t ...a guitarmy of one.

Thanks to Michael Bay, Steven Spielberg, et. al., I reconnected with my childhood in a way I never would've imagined. As many others in this thread have said, there were some flaws in the films, but getting to see my heroes looking so real I could touch them on a movie screen was more than worth any of the nitpicky things I may have against them. Without the '07 Transformers film, I doubt I'd have rekindled my love for all things TF. Now I have something that just my daughter and I share-Momma likes the movies all right, but not like we do-and a great hobby outside of music. I'm counting down the minutes to Dark Of The Moon and can't wait to see it again and again.

15. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

These movies were quite a wild ride. Highs & Lows. This TFs continuity it's independent on it's own while maintaining true on the characters & their personalities(such as Prime, Megs, BB, Ironhide, Rachet, ect.) Although I was disappointed with RotF, it was still fun to watch. Tfs 3 looks promising thus far. Still, Thanks for everything Bay.

16. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You see, this is one heck of a surpirse. Damn, I wish I could be surprised too now... Damn, I feel too old :p 

Anyways, I have to say thank you Michael Bay. Really. It was because of the 2007 movie I ended up reading all the Transformers info I could -- really. I knew them, knew about the toys, a few series... But had not been because of the movies, I wouldn't know today of Optimus Prime and Megatron, of the fantastic lore that surrounds this franchise, the awesome comics that exist for it. I have also to thank Bay, because, he boosted up the Transformers popularity not in US, UK, and Japan only, but freakin. worldwide. Had not ben for these movies, most kids on the world wouldn't know Transformers, most TV channels wouldn't have bought rights to Animated and Prime, and that'd be a shame.

So Bay, Shia, Spielberg, Orci, Kurtzman, Murphy, and everyone else working on those movies: Thanks a LOT. A REAL LOT.

17. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike.

We all criticize your movies very much.

But we all love them very much, too.

Keep up the 3D!

I'm looking forwad to veiwing DOTM in 3D...

18. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd like to thank Mr. Bay for building a veritable thrill ride of hype and explosions and awesome these past five years. Despite whatever shortcomings the movies may have had, they've been great fun to anticipate and eventually enjoy in theaters, and enjoy all over again on DVD. I thank Mr. Bay for reinvigorating the Transformers franchise and drawing in thousands of new fans; a whole new generation of Transformers enthusiasts! I thank Mr. Bay for listening to the fans and using our input to help shape the Transformers universe he has created. I'd like to also thank him for taking the initiative to make daring changes to Transformers in both aesthetic and characterization and lore; while there's always a place for the good old roots of Transformers (namely, Generation 1), a fresh new approach can be exciting and entertaining, and Mr. Bay has proven this.
    Last, I thank Mr. Bay for creating Dark of the Moon, which will undoubtedly be the most incredible cinematic experience I will ever have. Based on the trailers, and some of the few minor spoilers I've heard, as well as the positive reviews, it'll be his definitive creation and a masterpiece of a summer action movie.
    Thanks for all that you've done for Transformers, and good luck with your future endeavors!
    :bay  :bay  :bay 

19. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

I must say thank you very much to Michael Bay and all the people and crew who worked their asses off to make these movies possible!! If it wasnt for these movies, I would never have become a Transformer fan. These movies are truely epic and I always enjoying rewatching them on DVD again and again. Waiting for these movies and watching them every summer was always an amazing and magical experience!

Again, thank you Michael Bay, Steven Spielberg, the TF cast & crew, and everyone else who worked on these films to make them possible over these last many years!! It really means alot!! :D :D 

:bay :bay :bay 

20. Mattress T

Mattress T Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I had my doubts, heard the you would destroy the brand, but I got to tell you Mr. Bay, you have done well. Your movies entertained both me and my family/friends. I hope you feel proud of what you have created, we are.