Michael Bay Transformers Movie Trilogy Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    Thank you Michael Bay for recapturing my love for Transformers as you have. Being born in 1988 I didn't get to grow up with the original transformers per se, but I was introduced to the 1986 movie(thanks dad) and fell in love with Transformers. BW and BM I would watch each day before school but after that my fondness for Transformers seemed to have dwindled. 2006 re-sparked and recaptured my amazement and love for the Transformers world and I completely thank you for that. You have created an amazing new Transformers universe for all of us to enjoy. You helped bring together a community of long-time fans and new ones alike. If it wasn't for this trilogy I would not have founded this amazing website in tfw2005.com. Thank you Michael bay for bringing this franchise to new heights that no one expected.

P.S. Please reconsider Transformers 4. The movies would not be the same without you.

2. KamenRiderLeo

KamenRiderLeo Iridescent Prime

Ebay:
    1. These films needed a director who normally has very high-energy directing and fast paced storytelling.

2. Even before the films, I definatley wanted Steve Jablonsky to atleast give the score a stab. It ended up beautiful!

3. Im really glad the trilogy picks from differing views of different continuities. It makes the movies, characters, plot points, ETC. easy on my mind.

3. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I want to thank Michael Bay (and everyone else involved) for creating an Optimus Prime that, in my opinion, is unparalleled. He is both the compassionate leader we grew up with, and the killing machine needed to fight the villains. I loved every scene he was in during RotF, and his forest battle could have been an awesome climax to any movie (and I almost think that they picked a Blackout retool for the third Con in that fight as an apology for how the fight in the first movie went). This is an Optimus who tolerates no garbage from anyone, human or Decepticon alike, but if you're innocent and you're in danger, he'll lay his life down for you. He sees the bigger picture, of all sentient beings instead of Cybertronians versus humans as Megatron and Sentinel see it.

4. Goodeyesniper

Goodeyesniper Self described Hugonaut

Thank you Bay and Spielberg (along with everyone else involved). For taking my childhood toys and turning them into 5 years of cinematic awesomeness, you've created something that is now significant and important to millions of others.

No more anticipating, no more arguing, no more bitching, complaining, laughing, cheering, are high fives when something goes boom, and most importantly no more "big f**king robots" on the big screen. And as you all move on to other projects, wiping your hands of this franchise, just keep in mind - if you dare - that you've turned a grown man into a babbling crying idiot.

I will be there Tuesday at midnight with my cherry slushy in my left hand and my dos equis in my right, cheering you on. Thank You again.

5. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Thank-You Mr Bay, for 2 (hopefully 3) of my favorite movies of all time. I'm an old-schooler TF fan, 8 years old in 1984 when I bought my first TF (Huffer). I never truly left, buying all the way through to Action Masters, then buying G2 and Beast Wars at University, RiD Prime and Magnus and the car brothers in the early years of marriage and career, and now at 34 years old I'm buying more TFs than ever, thanks to the incredible and, to me, absolutely perfect design of the Bayformers. They look like alien robots - incredibly powerful, fluid, menacing, complex.... and the movie toys are my favorite line ever, taking up a full half of my collection.

Thanks for making movies that did so well, so that more movies and toys could flow from them. Thanks for not completely hating us fans after some have called you pretty horrible things. Thanks for making accessible, fun, high energy movies that can appeal to both fans and non-fans.

Thanks for 7 years (so far) of awesome.

:bay  :bay  :bay 

6. a.g.e.1

a.g.e.1 Autobots....Roll Out!!!

I know that I'm a little late with my reply, but I would like to thank Michael Bay for these 4-5 years of Transformers live action goodness.

The first film was so awesome and it literally brought me back to Transformers from when I had the toys back in the 1980's. The action, humour, cars and pretty much else was on point and my love for Transformers was reignited. Since then I've been looking forward to the next two sequels and looking for news about the movies brought me to here and it's been a blast by daily checking for news and videos on ROTF and DOTM.

I've loved every minute and I do admit it does feel very weird that this is the last of the Bay directed Transformers. I know that after the DVD comes out at the end of the year, it's going to be very quiet, much like what has happened to Smallville.

Nonetheless, I've loved every moment of it and what you have done with it Mr Bay. And despite what some people have said and whatever the flaws of the movies might have been, without it, there wouldn't be movies where we would feel like children again and simply enjoy ourselves without feeling weird. God bless you Mr Bay and I pray that you will be successful in whatever movies you do after this.

7. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    thank you mr bay for a great movie and an okey one. I hope dotm will be the best. also thank you for bad boys and I would love to see a 3rd.

8. 009*

009* That Guy... Somewhere

News Credits:
    The movies gave us the opportunity to see some really amazing figures like ROTF Leaders Optimus (Buster or otherwise) and Starscream, Binaltech/Alternators spiritual successor the Human Alliance line, DOTM Leaders Sentinel and Ironhide, with the upcoming Optimus figures from Takara giving even more.

So all in all, thanks Mike.

9. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    Thanks for these great movies Mike. Without them, I definitely wouldn't be in this fandom again. :D 

10. Optimum1996

Optimum1996 Insert something here

Thanks a bunch Mr bay for the awesome films, they are what bought me back to transformers and I loved all of them, you truly transformed the franchise :) 

11. emilyhall205

emilyhall205 Well-Known Member

Thanks you to Michael Bay for these great movies. I know that without them I never would have given the fandom the chance that it deserves. When I was smaller I never really saw the appeal of Transformers, and I never thought I ever would. But thanks to the movies, for the past 3 years I have been proud to say that I am a fan, and hopefully this will continue for many years to come. So thank you, again, for everything!

12. tobuttica

tobuttica Well-Known Member

Thank you.

13. Hursticon

Hursticon Emissary of OZformers.

News Credits:
    From down here in Oz,

A huge thanks goes out to Michael Bay and the entirety of his team for bringing this treasured franchise to new heights for both fans of old and new.

Your efforts with the 3 movies have been nothing short of incredible and have provided many-many hours of entertainment, excitement and enjoyment.

Few franchises and communities are lucky enough to have such talent afford them success of this magnitude - So to whichever franchise should next be the beneficiary of Michael Bay's expert craftsmanship, I say treasure that fortune.

Farewell and good luck Mr. Bay, may your future hold nothing but further success as the Transformers fandom is totally within your debt.

14. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you for making my obsession acceptable again.

15. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Thank you Bay, even though there have been some not-so favorable moments, you've done something to really give a fresh breath of new life into the franchise.

16. BWDinobot

BWDinobot Well-Known Member

Thanks for a fun ride cant wait to see your finale.

17. PrimeSlave

PrimeSlave Well-Known Member

Thank you Michael Bay! Transformers-saga improved. Though ROTF was "rushed" because of writers strike, it looks better than the first one, it's even more stunningly directed than the first one. I'm happy with those, I love those movies and no matter what the next directros will do, your Transformers movies boosted the franchise into new level. I love movie-inspired toys and movie robot designs.

And now it seems that Dark Of The Moon will be MUCH better than previous movies, so I cannot describe how thankful I am. I haven't seen DOTM yet of course, but trailers were EPIC in the real meaning of the word and according to all info I've read about DOTM, it really feels like something I've waited for many many years... Supreme Transformers-movie. Previous ones were awesome, extremely enjoyable movies and DOTM seems to be much better. So THANK YOU.

18. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    Thanks for everything Mr. Bay. Eventhough you did some mistakes, it was definetelly awesome to see our robots fighting in the big screen again. Thank you for your all efforts again, can't wait to see some :bay  for the last time.

19. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

We do owe mr. Bay a thank you. I'm glad the franchise was able grow the way it did. The movies were very entertaining and I'm glad they happened.

20. megachin

megachin Banned

Thanks Bay I love all the films
    hope you make bad boys 3 in 3D