Michael Bay Transformers Movie Hatred Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by 3.8TransAM, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tpainzbro

tpainzbro Well-Known Member

Holy mother of god. Is this a hate thread or an essay contest. I can't read so many of these in one night.

2. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to srs bsns.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  3. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    In the future us Transformers fans that grew up with these movies will create a thread - [Insert Directors name] Transformers reboot/sequel Hatred thread.

4. BAMC18

BAMC18 Well-Known Member

Everyone has there own opinion... But oh well what more can you people do... The movies are done they were out in the theater and they did great... Bay probably just looks at these comments and laughs... If the transformers movies were so bad as you say why did they make tons of money? All these summer blockbuster movies made from comic books and old tv shows weren't just ment for the fans ya know... It's Bay's movies anyways, he can do what ever the hell he wants!!

5. darkeclipse

darkeclipse Active Member

OH Grow up already...

6. boxerperson

boxerperson a ringer...

I liked it. It was everything I wanted out of a Transformers movie; unfortunately the writing and continuity errors of the movieverse have become so glaring that a reboot is basically required at this point.

It certainly was edited poorly in spots. The prisoner scene comes to mind...that came out of nowhere. It would also have been nice to see a little bit more explanation on how Sentinal's ship made it to the moon since it was tumbling out of control as it left Cybertron's orbit. I get that he was headed there from the start and it wasn't an accident where he landed, but the ship looked dead in space.

I thought the humor was much improved in this one....it was at a tolerable level for me.

The thing I like least about the live action movies is the mishandling of the Decepticon's plans. Each movie was written in a vaccuum....The Allspark was the ultimate source of energy, but it was destroyed. So what's the point of firing off the Sun Harvester then? How do you store the energy? That plan was pointless...especially since DotM establishes that Megatron had ANOTHER plan, that The Fallen apparently did not know about, that was better than the Sun Harvester....but that plan wouldnt have worked alongside The Fallen's, because the Sun Harvester would have killed the slave work-force.

If RotF had never happened, the plots of movies 1 and 2 would fit together quite well, except you have to have RotF because it establishes Megatron's return as well as the Matrix.

These HUGE plot issues make me hope that the films are re-booted. The plot damage is irreparable at this point, not to mention that the war is clearly over....there's nothing left to do but mop up. A 4th movie would be forced to bring in yet another disconnected plot point.

7. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Well....there's plenty of anger in this thread :D  But not enough srs bsns......

8. HAIL_KING_PRIME

HAIL_KING_PRIME Well-Known Member

I know your having a go at me but X men 3 is what I was thinking too! IN HOW BAD dotm WAS and if you look again at my post you will see i only mentioned thos things about Nova and not liking dino in passing and not as some huge point of dislike!
    I mostly dont like how the filmS where written in a way that we never get to actually follow along the story or one or more TF's and instead always look at them as aliens! the movies should have been called Sam Witwicky and the transforming aliens 1 2 an 3 oh an SIMON FURMAN is tha man

9. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    it will happen

10. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    samw way as I am reasoneing..Best fucking replie ever. But ppl wont get it and never will.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Amazing...a hate thread? sigh..

12. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I think this all boils down to selfishness even if people don't want to admit to it. Yell at me, berate me for saying that, and that's fine, but it is what it is. I will admit that in the very beginning when I heard about the first film, I was kinda upset that Megatron wasn't the Walther P-38. Starscream not an F-15? Well, ok, not so much upset, but more disappointed than anything else. But the more I really thought about it, there's always different continuities that people will follow. So, seeing how I love Transformers (the toys at least), I thought I'd give it a shot, kept an open mind and went in seeing the movie with an attitude to "take it for what it is." A movie. I got rid of my own biases and saw the movie.....just to see if it would at least entertain me. And it did. I was satisfied.

I saw the second one and got a few chuckles out of it seeing Devastator as "anatomically" correct as anyone can "make" him.....but it wasn't what I liked. I didn't hate the movie.....but the graphics and all were enough for me to enjoy it somewhat. DOTM? I liked it! Heads rolled! It brought a sense of realism seeing characters die off. For me, it was thoroughly enjoyable because of that attitude of taking it for what it is. Even with other "comic book" adaptations like Street Fighter with Van Damme and that newer one showcasing Chun Li (for which I was totally disgusted with since they basically murdered the characters/storyline etc), I still thought the movie would be enjoyable to those who weren't "purists." Unfortunately, for a Street Fighter fan myself.....I didn't care for either movie. The first one for bad acting and how they basically twisted the story to where it never even followed any continuity that I was aware of. The second one....for some reason just didn't sit well with me. But....I don't hate them.

I'm not sure why people have to hold on to such "hate" when the movie was not specifically tailored to you or me, but to everyone. Unfortunately, as the life saying goes, "You can't please everyone." You can try, but then you'd be wasting your time. And then there'd be only threads where people are asking, "Who's gonna make a Transformers movie???" So...in essence....Bay delivered on more than one level. He gave us all a movie some of us loved, liked, hated, but at least we're talking about them. He gave us more toys to feed our plastic crack addiction, and.....whether people want to admit this or not, Bay.....renewed people's interest and love for Transformers and helped the franchise to gain that much more fans.

And no....I'm not kissing his ass. If you want to be that childish and immature to say so. Then I guess I can't stop you from saying so. This is t3h interw3bs after all :rolleyes:  so srs......

13. HAIL_KING_PRIME

HAIL_KING_PRIME Well-Known Member

there's foundations and then details that you explain if the TF films got even half as close as BATMAN or LOTR it would be a far better bunch of films!
    try an rationale all you want as to why these films where made like they where THEY ARE SHIT full stop!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.