Michael Bay - Shia LeBeouf - Megan Fox and Other Cast Interviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MegaFormer, Jun 18, 2007.

1. MegaFormer

MegaFormer New Member

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Okay, I took my eyes off Megan Fox long enough to wonder what the HELL is up with Shia's "jacket".

3. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    Dude, Shia's face looked just like Harrison Ford to me. Maybe he will make a good Indy Jr. after all.

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Seeing as the Michael Bay portion uses the term "Geeks" and Michael Bay says he is not trying to reinvent Transformers but add new things to it, I say we get 3 more posts -maximum before the inevitible "Michael Bay is an ass!" post.

Oh, yeah. Megan Fox - HAWT. :) 

5. Blitz_64

Blitz_64 Beast Wars ownz.

I've been pretty impressed with the cast on this film so far. It certainly seems like a labor of love they did either for the source material, the director, or the genre. Bay pushes his actors hard, and to see everyone so stoked about this film means that it's something they're proud of being a part of.

By the way, I think Tyrese and Megan are the biggest geeks in the cast, even though they look the least like they would be. They both know the theme song real well, Ms. Fox collects comic books, and Tyrese, according to today's appearence on Regis and Kelly, had a thing for Thundercats and Transformers as a kid (and wanted to be a garbage man, lol).

Just 2 more weeks...

6. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

Glad to see that head art finding its way into official movie promo material outside of the Taiwan (I think) movie posters. And yeah, Megan Fox is undoubtedly the biggest geek on the cast, and it would seem the biggest Transformers fan, as well :D 

7. ChaoCatcher

ChaoCatcher Anarchist Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just watched the vids - nice little pieces. Surprised that Megan's got a bit of geek in her... I'm just falling more and more in love with her. :D  Although I have to ask... is it possible to get through a single one of these interviews without hearing the word "sick" to describe the film? I'm SICK of "sick" already! And is it also possible for the interviewers to NOT have the interviewees sing the original TF thing in an embarrassingly bad way?

8. lonegamer

lonegamer Lurking in your midst

Tyrese doing a bit of rapping with the original G1 theme had me snickering, while Megan and Shia doing the theme as well was corny in a good way.

Now I have to figure out which theater to go to with my cam...

9. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Let me know so I can be sure to tell the theater's security.

10. Nemesis91078

Nemesis91078 SAY cheeze!!!

Ebay:
    it was definately nice to hear that Bay gave props to ILM, which holds the largest # of TF fans in one place... i loved the fact that most of the cast is familiar with or a total geek/fan of the series :lolol  cant wait .... i need to change my shorts again .....dammit

11. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Same here. Megan Fox is exactly that: A fox! And that jacket is a little goofy, not something I'd wear, but I'm sure it's for a lot of people.

12. lonegamer

lonegamer Lurking in your midst

Heh, easier said than done. I'll ask around, though I doubt I'll get anything short of ambiguous answers. :wink: 

13. RowdyHavokRolla

RowdyHavokRolla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tyrese doesnt even know the theme song

14. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Yeah. Funny that out of the four (Shia, Megan, Tyresse and Josh), she's the one that knows the song best. I was also surprised at the comic books she knows, but someone has to tell her that Michael Turner isn't one of Image Comics founders. I nominate myself. :p 

Good little interviews BTW.

-airfox

15. Tekfreak

Tekfreak Well-Known Member

yeah, the whole cast seems pretty clueless about the transformers as a cartoon/toyline. I mean that one guy said he used to have the toys as a kid and watched the cartoon. I mean if that was true, AND you were doing th emovie, how could u not know the song?

16. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cut the dude some slack. He said he was into TF as a kid, not that he goes to BotCon every year...

I had some Go-Bots toys and watched the cartoon as a kid, and I don't have the slightest clue as to how their theme song went. Of course, I'm not in the Go-bots movie... but I've got my fingers crossed. :) 

Other previously owned/watched toy/tv show themes I don't remember:

M.A.S.K.
    Visionairies (?) (those hologram guys)
    Centurians (? again) (those dudes with the mechanical bodies)
    Dino-riders (? once more) (ya know, those guys that rode dinosaurs)
    Rambo (the cartoon)

17. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, Fox's comment had me racking my brain for a minute. I was like, "Let's see, it's Liefeld, Lee, Larson, and Califlore (sp?)" BTW, he's the one I always forget, that's why I'm unsure on the spelling, and why Fox's comment about Turner threw me for a minute. It's cool that she dropped his name as well as Fathom.

And, yes, I did have a little "geek-crush-gasm" when she mentioned Gen 13: "*GASP!* Ooh, I read Gen 13, too! Yay!" :D 

18. vincheng2k5

vincheng2k5 Beast Wars movie = dream come true

Megan Fox seems really cool, and not just because she's beautiful - she knows about FATHOM, an independent company comic book, plus she knows more about Transformers than Shia does it seems. Oh, and she was obsessed with The Wizard of Oz (go Kansas!) I'm glad they found such a cool actress to play a role in this movie.

19. Tekfreak

Tekfreak Well-Known Member

thats a polar extreme tho. i dont, and neither do any of my friends go to botcon every year, but its a jingle you dont forget. i mean, i know the 1st two lines of GI JOE only, but if i was int he movie, i think knowing the additional 5 or 6 lines or whatever else is in it wouldnt hurt, especially to know your stuff for interviews, to hype up the audience and future ticketbuyers, ya know?

20. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    IIRC the studios/founders were:

Aegis (then Wildstorm)/Jim Lee
    TMP/Todd McFarlane
    Extreme/Rob Liefeld
    Top Cow/Marc Silvestri
    ?/Erik Larsen
    ?/?

(airfox goes to check online because he doesn't remember the rest)

OK:

Highbrow Entertainment/Erik Larsen
    Shadowline/Jim Valentino (no wonder I was thinking of Jim Balent)

I do remember that during the first few years of Image, Top Cow was doing Cyberforce and not much else. They hit it big in around 95 or 96 with Witchblade, and that was Turner's jump to fame.

"geek-crush-gasm".... I'm gonna use that word from now on. Describes perfectly what I thought. (airfox has an almost complete Gen 13 comics collection)

-airfox