Michael Bay: Jazz is DEAD

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Jan 5, 2008.

1. BarricadeNinja4

BarricadeNinja4 Agent of Barricade

Hmmm can't blame Bay if Jazz ain't coming back heck since he was ripped to half by Megatron and his spark destroyed instantly. If Sam had the allspark cube maybe he would be alive but alas, no more. And if ever new bots will come by, I dont want the decepticons or autobots to have those camera-like heads.

2. scourge90

scourge90 Active Member

awww....... dammit!!!!! i really liked movie jazz....

3. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :rip :cry 

Funny thing is the ringer for my home phone is Jazz dying.

4. Orochi_Rockman

Orochi_Rockman Well-Known Member

Look for a newer, cheaper Megatron in every Transformers sequel!

5. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    remember he was going to be dropping all sorts of misinformation?

6. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    People. People! Why such heated debate? Everybody knows Jazz will be revived with Sari's magical key!

Excellent post Otispq!

Why? Brawl and Jazz's deaths were produced by heavy trauma, Megatron's OTOH was produced by a mystical artifact. I think the sequel writers have everything already set up by the first movie to only revive Megatron.

Jazz was also a confirmed kill (by Ratchet). I guess the same can be said about Blackout, Bonecrusher and Brawl, since I'd say they were also examined by Ratchet after the battle. The same can apply to Megatron, but again, he was "killed" with a mystical artifact, whose properties even the Autobots don't fully understand.

And Dinobot never received the amount of damage that Waspinator and Inferno received weekly, and yet, died.

If anything - so far - the movie is as consistent as previous TF incarnations regarding what kills a TF.

QFT!

Yeah... even the Angry Archer told us during the Hasbro Tour how his team focused on some characteristics they thought the characters needed to have, such a Jazz's ears, Bumblebee being yellow, etc.

And another QFMFT!

-airfox

7. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

I just had to add to this thread that after seeing what they just did with the GI Joe movie, anything Bay and those clowns do can't be any worse...unless of course they cast Marlon Wayans as the lead character in TF2....

8. airfox

News Credits:
    What?!

-airfox

9. Michael_Prime_2K7

Michael_Prime_2K7 The Crafty One

On that particular subject. Bay can kiss my ass.

10. Akumaxv

Yup.

Leader: Ripcord, not Duke or or even Hawk

Actor: Marlan Wayans.

I feel bad for the Joe fanbase. I myself love GI Joe, and feel like I got kicked in the nads. If anyone or anything is going to "rape someones childhood", it's going to be be THAT movie and Marlon Wayans.

11. airfox

News Credits:
    Wow.

There were rumors several weeks ago that Wayans was playing Heavy Duty or Roadblock, and that caused a shitstorm. If it's confirmed he'll be in the movie, playing a character he doesn't look like very much, and having that character as the field commander over Duke (who I dislike as Joe field commander) or Hawk (my favorite) ... then I guess the Internet will finally break in half.

And they were going so well with Sienna Miller, Ray Park and the korean actor.

-airfox

12. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

True but you seem to be forgetting that Dinobots death had a purpose. It was a death that fans were upset about, but at least he did some good in the end. Jazz's death....what was the point? To show what cowardly bully Megatron was? That wasn't even a fight, it was a slaughter.
    Or maybe Jazz's death was supposed their to tug on the heartstrings of the viewers....Oh no...wait, never mind, it can't be that either since the Autobots didn't even seem to care, why should the audience. It's bad storytelling, nothing more.
    And as for Megatron, don't forget the seven or eight missiles that shot him in the back, Megs wasn't in very good shape after that. He had just as much trauma dealt on him.
    I'm just saying, if Megs if brought back, then I don't see why Jazz, and all the others shouldn't.
    If not then they should ALL stay dead.
    But then again since when has a Transformer ever stayed dead?

13. Akumaxv

I believe it was reported and confirmed in Variety and reported by other Hollywood outlets.

Like I said, I feel bad for the GI Joe fan base. You seem like a pretty big Joe fan, and you're an all around decent dude, even if we don't always agree, but I would never wish the kind of news I've been reading about the Joe movie on anyone. The TF 2007 Movie may not have done a lot of things right, but at least they didn't completely shit on the fandom by doing something like hiring Andy Dick to do Ultra Magnus' voice and then make him the leader of the Autobots.

GI Joe has such a huge history too, even further than the 80's toon/comics. It's kind of disgusting they would allow something like that to happen.

Looks like Hasbro actually allowed Di Bonaventura to f' up one of their franchises. Too bad it had to be GI Joe.

This may end up being a colossal screw up in reporting, so I for one hope it is.

14. airfox

News Credits:
    To show Megatron is evil and powerful, perhaps?

Are you comparing the damage some F-22s did to Megs, to what Megs did to Jazz or what Bumblebee did to Brawl?

The F-22 fire on Megatron wasn't even the same as the human fire on Blackout.

And I'm just saying the first movie left everything set for only Megatron returning. Though I guess we'll also see Frenzy again.

QFT.

-airfox

15. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I think Megatron demonstrated that fighting.....I'm sorry....throwing around Prime.
    Killing the smallest, and possibly weakest Autobot is no demonstration of power.

Yea, Blackout got rocked, but Megatron did too, it just wasn't fatal. Those F22s walloped him, and left him weak enough for Sam to run up to him and (I can't believe I'm saying this) finish Megatron off.

I'm really hoping Megatron doesn't come back, only because...it was the first movie...and Megatron got killed. And it really looks like the writers didn't know how to end the movie.
    It's like I said earlier; it's like killing Sabertooth in the first X-men movie, it was just dumb, and poorly thought out.
    Megatrons spark caught fire, if any Transformer does not come back it has to be him.
    Besides, I think it's Shockwaves time to shine...and eventually get killed.....by Sam....Yea....

But ultimately I'm betting TF2 will put many of these debates to rest....or will be put off until TF3.....All I'm saying is that time will tell.

16. airfox

News Credits:
    Let me rephrase it then: to show that Megatron is evil and powerful. :p 

Megatron was down, but still clearly functioning. No heavy trauma there, like in Blackout or Brawl's case.

But it "caught fire" while in contact with the Allspark. Is not like it was destroyed by conventional means, which is my point all along. I still think Megatron is the only TF killed in the first movie that has a logical reason for coming back.

I guess we'll have to agree on disagreeing.

And let's face it ... he'll come back.

-airfox

17. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Yea, I would say this is a stalemate.
    I'm pretty sure Megatron will come back too, I just hope the writers make up a decent excuse.