Michael Bay hates Dinobots

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Alienbot, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

Speaking as a big fan of both Grimlock and the Dinobots in numerous iterations, I gotta say:

I'm cool with that.

WELCOME TO MOVIE CONTINUITY, CHITLINS! It's not G1, BW, Unicron Trilogy, or Animated. It's a separate entity, capable of having its own universe that's not constantly pandering to that which came before it.

The Dinobots could be an awesome addition as a commando unit for the Autobots, sure. But this is Bay's personal sandbox universe. Sure, if Hasbro deigns it so, he's gotta man up and put Grimmy and the gang in, but until word from the big H comes down, he can do whatever he likes, use whatever characters he wants, and play them how he wants.

And you know what? It's still an entertaining ride. Because no matter how many people decry how 'dumb' or 'gayzorz' he is for not including, or even liking, as someone else said earlier, 'all of our Sacred Cows,' so many more still go to the theater, pay the $10+ to see the flick, maybe come back for more, invest more money than they should into the toys, and basically make it a marketing success. Bay's allowed to hate whoever he wants, because it's not YOUR Transformers. If one of YOU were making the movie, then you could put Grimlock in and publicly voice your hate of some other character, like Bumblebee, Prowl, Wreck-Gar, Cyclonus, who the hell ever.

But you're not. So simmer down.

And if he does include them after all, and this is some misinformation come early, he'll make them work under his own terms. Which means, if anything, they'd be closer to the Dynobots. Either way, everyone just needs to chill.

2. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

to be honest, 3/4 of all the robots ever created for the TF universe are pointless and redundant anyways...

3. jon5000

jon5000 Tea-Drinker

Okay, this has inspired me.

After my concept Powerglide I'm going to get started on a concept Grimlock...

...just to prove him wrong!

4. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Ok i dont even have to read the thread to assume everyone has already and automatically given up on the dinobots just because Bay said so.

You can have balls on devastator a penial weaponed house hold appliance but some how a robot trapped in dinosaur mode for millions of years hiding in deep jungle is out of the question.

BAY is not a Transformers fan to start. He barely has respect for the current movie verse never mind any of the Transformers that are here now.

BAY doesnt just hate Dinobots he overall im pretty sure he hates transformers. He also pretty much hates the fans except when they unconditionally line his pockets with money. Trust me if you think TF2 was a downgrade from TF1 just wait and see what he does for TF3. How many times has he called one thing or the other stupid or he didnt like it when talking about Transformers????????

It's ok he is not a fan we get it but he seems to hold alot of resentment and hatred towards the franchise. At every turn he takes pivotal characters or franchise characters and disembowls them or blows them up rip them in half or completely fucks with them into a POS side character.

The man needs to be stopped no matter the cost. Somebody please kick his ass he so deserves it. I promise if I see him I ll fufill the deal and then post pictures of it on tfw2005 exclusively.

5. G0M3Z!!??'

G0M3Z!!??' Member

I dont care if they dont put dinobots in TF3. I hope they give more time to introduce the new characters! and please Bay If you see this message, please put in an autobot combiner like superion!! vrs like a decpticon combiner. that would be awesome.

6. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    remember this folks he dident want to do tf to begin with and has bashed us too. not suprised

7. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I'm really starting to wonder if Hasbro has ANY say in what does and does not happen or get put in the film. I mean, If Hasbro WANTS Dinobots in the film then don't they have the ability to mandate that?

8. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

I'm sure the Dinobots aren't big fans of his either..

Grimlock: Me Grimlock not Fan of Director Micheal Bay, Me Grimlock am Director..
    Swoop: Me Swoop film aerial shots.. RAWRRRKKK
    Slag: Me Slag Burn things for Director Grimlock
    Sludge: Me Sludge.. not know what me Sludge would do..
    Snarl: Me Snarl say.. we Obliterate the movie set to pieces
    Slapper: Bet you guys forgot about me.. I'm just as happy.. I'd have been a masturbation joke inside of 5 minutes
    Paddles: *Swims*.... *Dies*

But now, reading this.. I see all it takes is Micheal bay to say he dosen't like something and suddenly half the fandom thinks it sucks.. I imagine it would be the same no matter what " Micheal bay: I hate Optimus Prime " " Bandwagoneers: Yeah he sucks kill him off! "

9. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    This thread and the reactions in it are hugging ridiculous.

10. vektsilver

what did you expect

The man basically told a very large portion of the fanbase your idiots get a life.

If everyone didnt see it before he is basically the frat kid everyone hated even other frat kids. Its that mentality its got to be bad ass and epic then he would childlishly pick on others all day.

Now he has a movie from where he can do it and that has probably brought him much joy since he doesnt even need to bother with an effort to get people to love him for "The Best movie eva"

he made Prime say give me your face. Thats just fucked up right there.

11. Neuco

Neuco Well-Known Member

Not that I care about Bayformers in either way, but as a Transformers fan, it kills me to see other so called "fans" bend over every which way at anything Bay says or does. Guys, it's okay to not agree with something or someone. Really, try it sometime.

12. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

no dinobots? ah well.

13. vektsilver

Quoted for Truth

14. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, he said:

15. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    I don't know where he said that in this post, but one could argue that you guys are proving that statement correct.

16. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    He could have phrased it less harshly. I wish he explained WHY he hates the Dinobots.

I can't stop thinking of a movie Grimlock as being a giant metal Kamina (and having ridiculous sunglasses in his alt mode) thanks to that.

"Me Grimlock go beyond impossible and kick reason to curb!"

17. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Let them. There's more to Grimlock than just turning into a Dinosaur.

18. Crescent-31

Crescent-31 Decepticon

I must say that discussions here are indeed very entertaining. Therefore, if Bay hates an Transformer you better don't want that tf in the movie. The last time Bay said he hated Arcee, she died. (two of the three at least)
    Do we want dead movieverse dinobots? No. Better no Dinobots at all.
    Why not ask/beg Hasbro to make movieverse dinobots, so we still have something.

19. ZombiePrime

ZombiePrime Zombicon Destroyer

I just want movie verse dino bot toys.
    because I will buy just about any damn Dinobot.

You know these would be terrible in the movie anyway. I mean unless they did this flashback sequence and incorporated the dinobots in the age of dinosaurs he would have them as Blenders or Giraffes, or vibrators or something to show how much he hates em.

and I could totally see Grimlock having some dumb Me Grimlock, Me Explode in first five seconds of movie thing going on.

20. alex_kingdom

alex_kingdom Well-Known Member

Not terribly surprising, IMO the further away from G1 the movieverse gets the better, its so much easier to treat (and ignore) it as a separate entity that way.