Michael bay has written transformers 2

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ironhide2005, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Ok. Then we will just agree to disagree. I don't think you will ever see a consensus on whatever images or what not get leaked. Due to this new misinformation strategy by Michael Bay, a lot of people will use this as a reason to use the "wait till you see it in the movie" reason to keep people quiet. That, and only THAT, I forsee, is the only way we will know for sure what is factual and what is false information.

And just on your paradigm that you can't like a movie because of a design sketch, etc is wrong. Thats your opinion, and you are entitled to it. I just believe the opposite. If a person doesn't like the "feel" of the design sketches or the "feel" of the direction of the script, then thats their opinion. If thats what gets them to dislike the movie, thats their thing. Why accuse them of something when their gut reaction is dislike?

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That's ok, then I won't have to use all those cuss words.

After the first movie, I think he just needs to stay away from ANY part of the writing.

He's a nice visual choreographer - and that's about it. All his talk about "new ideas" really, REALLY scares me. I worry that we are going to end up with something completely asinine that strays further and further from the source material - so far as to no longer be recognizable as transformers.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  3. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

It depends on how well the written/spoken description of the toy is, right? Or how clear the picture has to be before you accept it. Or if the toy is properly transformed or not (which can't be determined till its actually in your hands) before you accept it. Its a question of where you draw the line before you deem someone can form an opinion on something. And we all know that each person has a different point at which they draw the line - whether its on this issue or on anything else in life. Thats what sets us apart as individuals. To some, words are enough. To others, pictures are needed. To others still, it isn't valid till they experience it first hand.

Just like how you wouldn't criticize them for where they draw the line in any other thing in life, why would you criticize them for "this line"? And if you are going to hold someone to your opinion on where the line should be drawn (which I personally don't agree with), then you should at least be fair and criticize the people who have positive opinions also...

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm not saying that someone can't have an opinion about that sketch, just that they shouldn't form an opinion about the whole movie based of that one sketch (or that one trailer, or whatever is in question at the time). It's like judging someone based off of quickley meeting them once (basically a hi, and that's it). I know we do it a lot, but, that still doesn't make it right (it could have been a really bad day for them). I'm also not saying that all opinions on here should be positive (still not sure where you got that from what I said), just that we shouldn't rip each other appart because we have different opinions, especially since it's just a movie, not the end of the world or anything.

5. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or, "Michael Bay is doing his job (the same job he did last year) and if you still don't like him as the director then too bad" :p 

6. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope, same here. And the whoooooole scene fits the Bay mentality to a T. :) 

7. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Then this is more a philosophical discussion than truly about Bay and TF2. I think someone's "gut reaction" is a very STRONG thing. Its really hard to overcome. For example, they say that another person's opinion is formed within the first minute of meeting the other person. People can read vibes. Its their feeling. The same thing when you answer a question on a test. You should always go with your gut response because it is usually right. Sure, our gut responses are wrong, but how many times are they wrong than they are right, or vice versa? I believe that on average, our gut is more right than wrong.

Its their GUT reaction anyways. Its like looking at a piece of art (which in a way, movies are art) and having a gut reaction. There is no right or wrong to it. You either like it or you don't, and you don't have to have a reason for it either for liking or disliking it. To me, I think we should think through why we like/dislike something, but to others the reason isn't necessary...

8. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

TLDR...

Seriously, Freedom of Speech does not equal right to be heard.

People seem to think that they should yell their negative opinions non-stop and then get upset when people ignore or don't care to listen to them.

"You can't ignore my opinions!!! STOP IGNORING MY OPINIONS! AAAAAAAAARG! HERE ARE A TON OF REASONS TO LISTEN TO MY OPINIONZ!"

EDIT: There is a lot of carry over of emotion from TF1 opposed to actual discussion of actual crap from TF2 which is little to nothing actually available to us. If you want to re-fight TF1 and the issues that came up then, then prepare lots of people to ignore your points or disagree with you.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  9. dark_mullet

dark_mullet Banned

Fine, but here's the scenario.

You heard that Todd MacFarlene is making an Optimus Prime toy. That is all you hear.

You claim it sucks.

That's what people are doing with this. "Michael Bay wrote the outline for the movie." "Oh this movie sucks." Which makes it a moot opinion, because it's not actually based on any information.

10. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

he's not dedicated to anything but making sure he gets paid for making a movie in a timely fashion.

11. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I never intimated that freedom of speech meant right to be annoying. Which is what you are saying. I do mean that freedom of speech means that you have a right to express yourself. It also means that others don't have a right to keep you quiet. Your hyperbole (bravo btw) is just that. All I was asking for was that people's opinions be respected and others not tell others what to do.

The most that can happen is that you give your reasons supporting your viewpoint and they do the same. Whether you or they accept the other's viewpoint is irrelevant.

My point: if someone likes/dislikes the movie at any point during this process, thats their viewpoint and they are entitled to it. They should not be told what to think or when its allowable to think something. Thats all...

12. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I can respect your viewpoint. I just have a different viewpoint. Mind you, its supported by reasons, rather than just cuz, so I hope you can at least respect that.

First, people debate RUMORS on this site all the time. Some rumors turn out to be false, others turn out to be true. Either way, its a rumor and people have discussions even tho "its not actually based on any information". Do you see others telling those people, they can't have the discussion because its a rumor? No. If they want to spend their time debating rumors, let them.

Secondly, the whole X person did this, therefore I am going to dislike their next product is a valid argument. If you have someone that has created a series of products that you have consistently disliked, then you are probably going to dislike their next product too. You might like it, but the odds are against you. We play the odds every day in life. Because every situation can't be seen as completely new. We have to come up with protocols for how we learn from past situations so we don't have to keep reinventing the wheel over and over again every day.

13. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    yeah, because it doesn't take any creativity to plot out massive action sequences.

14. Razorclaw g1

Razorclaw g1 Member

I dunno I'm giving Bay the benefit of the doubt, he did it well before.

15. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Viewpoints based on 'nothing' become as valid as what they are based on.

You can have your opinion, but don't get upset when people point out that you are basing it on nothing and then discount it as such.

Respecting other people's viewpoints is not a part of Freedom of speech either. I think people spouting hate get upset when others don't listen to their opinions, especially when they are based on nothing like many of the comments in this thread because we have NO information to back up these positions.

16. thygriever

thygriever Optimus Prime

News Credits:
    writes his own scripts??? WRITES HIS OWN SCRIPTS?????

LOL jk. I trust he'll do the right thing to make another blockbuster no matter how he does it. Even if it includes a script full of explosions and torn paper :) 

17. Hale

Hale Active Member

QFT

18. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    If this report is true, I can't blame him. The writer's strike went on for too long and he had to take matters into his own hand.

19. DarkHUcaseal

DarkHUcaseal Active Member

I do admit that's one thing I like about him. I dislike when people are too afraid to get their hands dirty to get anything done. Writihng his own script is his way of saying "We'll get moving people! One way or another! You can come along if you want!" and whoosh...there he goes.

20. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I love that he did this - it shows his passion and drive to making these movies (it could also be $$$, but I don't think that is it.) IMO

However, it is just a template - I'm sure the writers will be making many changes.