Michael bay has written transformers 2

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ironhide2005, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    http://beta.rottentomatoes.com/m/transformers_2/news/1708602/

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Could be interesting, could be crap. It all depends on Bay's wrighting skills. I'm not going to get all upset about this (like I think a lot of people will). I don't know of anything that he's written before, so he could turn out to be a really great wrighter. It's not at all surprising that the TF's are already designed. As that part of the movie making process wasn't really hindered by the strike, they probably kept on working on the new bots. By the way it sounds, he just basically wrote up the basics of it, and the wrighters will take that and make a real script out of it (fix it up to actual script standards). I currently have confidence that this will be a cool sequel, as the first movie was good, imo. I'm guessing that Hasbro has already started work on the toy line for it. No Dinobots doesn't really bother me, but I still think a Movie version of Grimlock would be cool. Especiall if he turned into some kind of tank and was primative minded (aka a real beast in battle).

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    not like he wrote it word for word

he calls it a template :p 

but anyways! this is exciting news IMO

im glad to hear that Bay wasnt lettin the strike take a big hit on this movie. He's got a date to hit and he aint lettin' anything stand in his way and i think thats great.

Go Bay!

4. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I see this as getting fast tracked. I wouldn't be surprised if they start shooting within two months.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    If Bay wrote the movie too, I'm just going to have to sit back and let my higher function shut down and enjoy the pretty special effects.

6. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

:lolol  Such truth. The script is probably crayon doodles of explosions.

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

It´s what I do in all of Bay´s movies. Their pure entertainemnt. No hidden message, no politcal context, no crap. Just pure unadulreated awsome action!

alo I belive that he went talk to spileberg about some ideas.

8. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

I hope this merely means he's written a treatment, or a bare-bones script, because Primus help us if otherwise.

9. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I'll admit that made me chuckle.

Supposedly he writes the outlines to most of his films anyways.

10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    This can only be better than Tom DeSanto's original outline for the first movie.

Y'know, the horrible ET rip-off which he insisted to get writing credits for on movie #1, despite the studio not buying the outline until after the screenwriters had already started working on the script, and the screenwriters not having even READ the outline either until after they had finished their intial draft. So the screenplay wasn't based on the outline in any way whatsoever, yet DeSanto still demanded a writing credit for it.

11. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, if this is the case, and the script writers are back to work this week we can hopefully be given a cast list soon.

Bay as only written an outline so when the final script is done they can start shooting, fingers crossed the outline that's been worked on (believe it was originally penned by the writers anyway) will be quickly remembered, and well written.

New characters = good
    New characters with no characterisation = bad

12. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Question: Will there be a lot of new robots?:dunce 

13. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    If Michael Bay wrote even an outline for the film, wouldn't that make him a scab, at least in the eyes of the WGA? I mean, I don't care. Just as long as Transformers 2 is great. But, I wonder if he'll get in trouble for doing that. Hopefully not.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I don't think he'll get in any kind of trouble for this. It would be completely different if he wrote the final script for the movie (even then he wouldn't get into trouble for it, it's not like you have to be in the guild to wright at all for movies). By the sound of it, he does this for all the movies he directs, so it's not like this is something new for him.

15. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Late June was the date quoted recently, provided the writers' strike ended soon... So I think we're on track! :) 

16. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

nothing's gonna change. we're gonna be getting hideously designed junkpiles,corny-ass scene after corny-ass scene,stupid one liners,way too much of a human element,terrible script,terrible plot,of course terrible directing, and over the top badly filmed action sequences. those who liked the first will be happy and those who despised it like myself are shit out of luck and have to accept it.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's a template people. It's not like he wrote it word for word. He's a grown man who's directed a ton of movies, he's not an idiot.

Plus, he already said he does this for all his movies.

I guess I'll just let my logic takeover and wait to actually SEE the film before making an opinion. (mind you, this is a film that hasn't even begun FILMING YET)

18. Freyabeads

Freyabeads TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    so how do you really feel?:popcorn 

19. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    QFT!!! It's impossible to tell how good the movie will be right now. I don't think Bay doing this will cause it to suck in any way or form, as he has done this for past movies. Plus, we've got more than a year to wait for this movie to come out (that is assuming it stays on schedule). Hopefully we won't have as many debates about things in this sequel as we did with the first movie. I'd rather have the fandome stay friendly instead of rip each other apart simply for having a different opinion about something that isn't important to everyday life.

20. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    God damn. I'll give the guy credit. He is one dedicated SOB.