Michael Bay Comments On The Future Of Transformers Movie Franchise

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Dec 6, 2017.

1. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    I still have a strong suspicion Bumblebee will act as a soft reboot of sorts. I'd be willing to put money on Bay being involved in name only just for the paycheque and contract obligations.

You don't do a complete 180 on the franchise and go and hire a director like Travis Knight off the back of several award winning films, and not let him take the reigns unless you want things go in a significantly different direction.

They are testing the waters.

I am cautiously optimistic.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    It's always good news for toy collectors but for people that don't collect toys and just want a decent movie, is not.

I appreciate the brand being revived for future generations to come. No doubt. But Hasbro and Paramount have showed their true colors by allowing the movies to be produced so poorly.
    I don't have any hopes for their transformers film anymore. They've made it clear they only need movies with pretty visuals and realistic transformers.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I Am James

I Am James Emirate Xaaron

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That\'s quite the comment Michael Bay has offered.  I mean everything he said we already knew.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I should have been clear. That was for my country, Sri Lanka. Avatar and the 4th and 5th Transformers movies didn't do so well. But the first three broke box office records here.

• Like Like x 3
  5. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Gonna be real pissed if they don't follow through on the Unicron tease at the end of TLK. I like the series and want to see it reach its natural conclusion.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Ah, that makes more sense.

7. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would prefer if Micheal Bay wasn’t involved anymore. Clearly he stopped caring after Dark of the Moon, as conscientious editing, and better storyboardimg could have made his last 2 horrible Transformer movies almost watchable.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

\"Now it\'s time to take this franchise in a totally new direction.\"

Backwards!

9. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I didn't see an implied involvement. If anything the "any studio" implies it won't be his.

10. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Meh, guess we'll just have to see after he directs part 6.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The sad truth is that anyone thinks this fact is a "sad truth."

• Like Like x 2
  12. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Banned

News Credits:
    LOL "New direction?" in before 5% on rotten tomatoes [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. TF10

TF10 Movie,TFP,MPM...

News Credits:
    Just let me write the story.:D 

14. BIGGUY007

BIGGUY007 Well-Known Member

I would love to see them do a time travel movie where they go back in time to stop some Decepticon from stealing something of value to the Autobots. Maybe the 1980s and during the events of the movie, Bumblebee gets stuck there and the other Autobots travel back to the future, which could set up the events of the Bumblebee spin off movie.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    I'm done with the movies. The Last Knight sucked balls & I hate Bumblebee so I won't be going to see that. They ruined Transformers, Mass Effect, Star Wars, GI Joe & Ghost Rider. They ruin everything I love. Spider Man Homecoming sucked. Iron Man 3 was shit. They screwed up Thundercats. They just keep crapping on everything. Can't be bothered to care anymore. Whatever!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

News Credits:
    Indeed, the TF movies was one of Hasbro stupidest decisions. For a movie franchise that meant to be toy commercial, the movie wasn't intended for kids nor fans, it was for the small population of 13 year old boys who loves explosions and Megan Fox' close shots. Most people who came to see the movies didn't buy any of the toys.

I completely agree, I haven't gone to the movie theaters since Mad Max: Fury Road and even that movie wasn't that good. Shin Godzilla is the last good movie I saw, but unfortunately it wasn't aired in movie theaters in my country...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is bay delusional, in denial, or just stupid?

• Like Like x 5
  18. AspiringCreator

AspiringCreator Well-Known Member

Of course this happens, it basically has to since from what I can tell? Bay has been a crutch for Paramount in these extremely difficult times. Like it or not and regardless of if The Last Knight didn\'t do as well as the others? Keep in mind that the first film made 709 million, the second made 836 million, the third made 1.124 billion and the fourth made 1.104 billion. Granted this is worldwide we\'re talking but the point has been made, this is a billion dollar franchise that Bay has been leading. In the eyes of Paramount? The idea of dropping him is like walking into a heated warzone naked with a frying pan as your only weapon. It\'s a losing fight so he has to be kept on and considering I\'m an optimist? I think this can bode well. From what I\'ve seen of Bay\'s other movies and the first one? While the problem is usually him? The biggest offender is the script. Ehren Krueger to me should\'ve been dropped because he kept writing the same damn plot. There\'s a powerful Cybertronian MacGuffin that everyone\'s after and while these are just plot devices and it\'s about our interactions?  Aside from the Transformers? The interactions usually suck too which makes this element stick out way more. It\'s why when TLK announced we were getting the writing team from the first Iron Man? I was genuinely excited and I felt that this time it was Paramount\'s unnecessary case of pulling what WB did with Suicide Squad and mercilessly cut the movie into a disjointed mess just to have a shorter runtime that killed it since in some scenes? It feels like a step in the right direction.

If you ask me? The only way Bay is going to be booted off is if he somehow insults Paramount or if the movies with different directors make a ton of money and the one he ends up directing (keep in mind he did say he would if the plot interests him.) doesn\'t work out. Of course I\'m not sure but either way? I think we should at least be happy he\'s not in the director\'s chair and keep in mind we don\'t have a confirmation yet. For all we know? He\'s just a consultant, a guy who is there to sort of let them know on how certain elements function and make sure that it feels like it\'s within the same universe. Also? He still said it\'s time to take the franchise in a new direction which kind of hints to me he\'s at least not as open to coming back as he was before. I mean TLK made less than the first one and was marred by a studio trying to appease fans and critics instead of letting the writers and directors work. That kind of thing would encourage any director, even those who have worked in the industry for a long time, to take a few steps back and at least give everything a second thought.

• Like Like x 1
  19. iuJacob

iuJacob low battery

News Credits:
    I have to wonder how much you actually love Spiderman if you think the most accurate representation of the character we've had yet 'sucked'.

Though between this post and your weird 'BUMBLEBEE MUST DIE' thing in your avatar, I have to wonder if my response was even worth posting.

• Like Like x 6
  20. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    There are a LOT of butthurt geewunners commenting here...

• Like Like x 7