Michael Bay close to deal on TF4

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SideSwipe75, Dec 6, 2011.

1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    but i dont care, i dont want more movies, all i can hope is if TF4 gets the Spider-Man 4 syndrome in which we had a succesfull trilogy, they had the actors, writters and director all set along a release date only to be cancelled before filming began

2. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    (spanish accent): "No nintendo" ;) 

3. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    :lol 

4. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funniest commet ive read on a message board in a long time. I actually choked on my drink.

Im glad thier will be a 4th film even if it is a bay directed one. Ive never really loved the aesthetic but succseful movies + more money pouring in for hasbro + more exposure to the brand = WIN in my book.

5. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Galvatron, cyclonus, and the sweeps. Unicron, hotrod/rodimus prime and the death of optimus. :) 

6. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Been there done that.

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Michael Bay signing a deal means a movie. A movie means movie toys. Movie toys mean stores ordering the first wave in massive amounts, and also ordering a lot of shitty repaints. First wave in massive amounts and shitty repaints means shelfwarmers. Shelfwarmers means less space for Prime toys, and less of a focus on Prime toys.

Bad.

Michael Bay signing a deal means a movie. A movie means movie toys. Movie toys means more shots at characters and possibly new characters from the movie that are really cool, and also cool non-movie characters and hopefully a new gimmick that doesn't suck like MechTech.

Good.

So what is it?!

8. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    True, I probably should used something stronger like Masterforce or Victory; shows that Megatron or any of the other main 'cons were not present.

9. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its getting to be like his party trick. "oh look, that old chestnut". I wouldnt be suprised if unicron showed up at some point. personally i dont know if id want galvatron showing up as the new big bad. Its been done almost as much as optimuses death. Something fresh could breathe new life into it.

10. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i like see dai altas and micromasters in tf 4th movie

11. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

That or Headmasters. Getting Hasbro to make toys like that is like pulling teeth. Unless it's in a goddamn movie we aren't getting them again anytime soon.

12. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    Words cannot describe...

13. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Should have known folks, should have known. and it's gonna be extra crummy as they nagged him into doing it.

14. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    bring it on baby

15. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Pfffft you guys continue to groan and scream but you know your going to go see it. Once you see the trailer you'll be whisked away by its CGI and you'll be awestruck into the theater once you start seeing things from it and hearing Optimus talking.

Just as you all have with the first, second and third.

Was I a little disappointed? Yes, a little. I was anticipating TF3 being the last one.

However I'm over that now. Especially if this rumor that theres a TF5 that will be shot at the same time as TF4. That would result in a more connected pair of movies. With actual cliff hangers.

Not to mention Ratchet finally having enough room to shine. Seriously, with IH gone Ratchet is sure to be given more attention as the wise autobot now.

16. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    i wil lstill see tf4 if made, but still i dont want one even if the trailer kick ass. if tf4 is made my anticipation will be EVEN lower than it was with rotf and Dotm

17. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Butts gonna hurt...

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Love the movies, hate the movies, feel eh about the whole thing there is no just ignoring the movies because the movies are the 800 pound gorilla in the room that demands the entire spot light.

Unless you plan on living on another planet for several years there just isn't any getting away from the films. They will run advertisements and trailers on every form of media they can find. Events like Toy Fair mean nothing but movie toys on display. Statements from Hasbro will be about how much they love the movies while ignoring everything else Transformers. Movie toys will be the only new Transformers toys on the shelves. Even after the films are gone it will be heck finding the action figures you want because retailers are still stuck with shelves full of movie toys.

You can't totally escape the movies with cartoons because they have to put movie stuff into Transformers Prime.

To ignore it would also mean having to leave the hobby because if the films make any money at all then some of the film fans start thinking they own Transformers and they are the only important fans because a well advertised big budget Hollywood action film made money during one of the best release dates of the year.

19. theironhulk

theironhulk Autobot Medic

News Credits:
    I'm all for a fourth but lets hope its not rushed because I bet they would want a 2013 summer release. Lets hope.

20. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    I personally don't see the "all cons are dead" argument holding up when the film franchise has pretty much the entire season 3 G1 cast of Decepticons to tap into for ideas.