Michael Bay Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheDude810, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Megasonictron

Megasonictron Well-Known Member

I appreciate the scale of the films. Always loved how big they were

• Like Like x 6
  2. Nikkal101

Nikkal101 Well-Known Member

For me the shockwave reveal and the intense music was OMFG for dotm

For Rotf I loved the teasers how it said revenge is coming and then the Fallen wasn’t really indicative of the Fallen himself or the Fallen “Megatron” it was just so badass.

And yea the YouTubers name was Alex in real life. That was me and my brothers back in the day. I just graduated high school and my bro’s were still in grade school. We all went nuts.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Megasonictron

“ we have to go” from tlk soundtrack. That’s what should play during avengers. So god damn epic

• Like Like x 6
  4. krishnanspace

krishnanspace Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just wish there was a continuation of TLK with Bay. I had lost hope for the movies after the 4th one. The only reason I am excited for Bay is his collaboration with Jablonsky. the soundtracks are the only things that I love about the movies. After from the music, the only thing I love about the movies is that Military portrayal and the gritty tone(there are some corny scenes in between but majority of the movies are pretty gritty for a movies based on toys) of the movies.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Megasonictron

That’s all I want as well. Just one more movie to finish the bayverse but doesn’t seem likely now. I know people hate it it just would been nice to have closure

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Maybe they can do a novel or comic for you guys to give you some closure, because that sucks.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The trailers in general were awesome, even TLK's trailer. Heck, TLK's marketing campaign had a bunch of us going "this could be really good." But the best trailer I've seen is actually a fan version of the DotM trailer: "Transformers: Master Class."

Frankly, given that TLK basically shredded the timeline harder than the Unicron Singularity, I don't know where a novel/comic/movie sequel could go, unless you brought in @Jochimus and let him implement his ideas for it.

8. krishnanspace

News Credits:
    I would have hoped for tf6 to have Epps, Sam, Mikaela/Carly for one final goodbye in the end with a new rendition of No sacrifice no victory playing

• Like Like x 1
  9. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

If I had to be fair to the guy - for the most part whose movies in this franchise I didn't like at all - it would be for the sense of wonder the montage created when the Autobots arrive to earth in the first movie.

For that, however, I credit Jablonsky's score and Spielberg as much as MB, tbh.

Back handed compliment? Probably. :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 1
  10. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I saw "Quiet Place Part 2" today and was surprised that Bay produced it. I'll have to check and see if he did the first one. I thought they were both fun movies, though not as much as TF movies...

• Like Like x 1
  11. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I immensely enjoyed the first two films, and had the opinion that Michael Bay should adapt all/most action cartoons to live-action. From DOTM and onwards my enjoyment reduced, as well as that opinion.

However, I do think Bay brought some great things to the film series:

- Giving the transformation aesthetic of many moving parts rearranging themselves from vehicle to robot and back, which was a complex scheme to translate to the toys, but sold the idea of transformations happening in an instinctive and realistic manner.

- The extraterrestrial aesthetic, which IMO enhanced the Transformers portrayal as living machines from outer space.

- Providing awesome alternate modes for the robots, based on stunning automobiles and military vehicles (and alien modes too where they were employed).

- Bringing in a fantastic voice cast composed of both celebrity voice actors (Mark Ryan, Leonard Nimoy, Reno Wilson, etc) and professional voice actors, particularly TF veterans Peter Cullen, Frank Welker and Charlie Adler.

- Providing some spectacular action sequences on freeways, forests, deserts, cities and monuments, and in aerial/outer space.

- Providing some spectacular cinematic shots (space shots, the Autobots in the alley, underwater shots, and of course slow-motion shots).

- And although this is a matter of opinion, he has portrayed twists and turns in the story fairly well. DOTM specifically shows off this trait, with Sentinel’s reveal, the Autobots’ arrival to Chicago and Megatron ambushing Sentinel Prime - even though I'd known about these they were still pretty cool and engaging to see on screen.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Revoticus

Revoticus Splitting headache

I really love how the things that he brought into the movies are the things that he likes, for example the expensive cars and of course the Military.

It really feels like he is doing a movie out of his own interests instead of trying to pander to the audience which I prefer a director to do.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Namekjohn

Namekjohn Namekimus Prime

News Credits:
    The designs. I love how they did thier own instead of just going G1. I also love some of the silly gimmicky bots we got.
    Despensor a deception vending machine that shoots mountain dew cans at you. I'd take this over random no name seeker whose toy is the same thing 8 times over. Buuuut this one is a slightly different tint of blue so its a new character.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Yeah for sure, 2 minute montage of the two minutes of the movie that were actually good. Can't lose!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    If I have to say something positive, I'd say Bays love, and support of practical effects should be commended. It's a dying art in the world of big budget cinema that's become swamped in CGi.

• Like Like x 4
  16. waniel239

waniel239 Monitor of the 15th Galactic Convergence

Someone else mentioned it earlier, but a particular favourite thing of mine that Bay did in these movies were story twists. Specifically, Sentinel's betrayal, which I thought was very well done. Beyond a few small hints early on and whatever else some eagle-eyes could pick up, his turn to the dark side in the latter half was a genuine surprise to me and his motivations added more depth to his character that made me sympathetic when his time came. Kinda wish he survived to TLK. Imagine: Optimus and Sentinel facing off against the Knights, or Sentinel tag-teaming with Optimus against Lockdown.

• Like Like x 4
  17. krishnanspace

News Credits:
    It was lovely see an older Lennox in The Last Knight, wish Tyrese would also have had made it. I also wish in the future bay would just return for one final movie and maybe Shia returns one last time. Seeing an older Sam interact with Bumblebee with bee's music playing would be amazing to see

• Like Like x 2
  18. skwonderfactory

skwonderfactory Me Scott like Transformers!

News Credits:
    Despite some story choices and bad to very average writing, I seriously think the visuals and action is the best Transformers has ever had. Don’t get me wrong, BumbleBee has pretty solid sequences as well but nothing quite Bay-level in my opinion. Also, I never got the argument people can’t differentiate who is who (Transformers) during a fight because they all look similar/it’s shot badly. I’ve never had a problem and I think it’s some of—if not the—films’ strongest asset.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

I like his hair.

• Like Like x 2