Michael Bay and his love for Explosions

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by figsdad, Jul 25, 2010.

1. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought he said in this film there were going to tone down the Explosions making it mare darker with less comedy well all the footage ive seen so far In Chicago there is more explosions that both films put together.

Was that part of his miss info campaign like with the twins not going to be in this ect..

Also there prob going to be more robots in this film than both films put together anybody Think this will hinder character Development towards the robots to humans.?

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Rule #1 is never ever trust anyone from Hollywood. Their job is to tell you whatever they think you want to hear so you will buy a ticket for their film. If we went around believing everything we were told then every movie is the best movie ever made.

But a Bay movie without explosions is never going to happen. Physical effects is one of Bay's strongest points so it would be insane not to use some of what he's one of the very best at. You can fault Bay films for many things but its hard to argue that Bay explosions are not some the top explosions in film history.

Have we gotten misinformation? Of course we have because it's something Bay likes to do. It never works out because we always find out the truth before release day but he keeps trying.

Robot character development. We haven't had much of it in two really long films so I wouldn't bank on having it in the third film. I'm not saying it can't happen or it will not happen, just don't get your heart set on it happening.

But hey the magic of film is that you don't always get what you are expecting so there is always some chance the film could surprise us.

3. figsdad

News Credits:
    But with some of the budget spent on big explosions it will be less money for cgi..

4. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    He loves explosions more than character development, story and emotion.

5. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Can't have an epic Battle Royale without tons of explosionzzzz, can we? :p 

6. Ash from Carolina

If you can forgive the pun explosions give you a lot of bang for your buck. Most of the explosions we see in movies are mostly gasoline as it doesn't take a whole lot of explosives to produce a really nice looking explosion when you add gas.

If Mythbusters can afford their explosions like packing a cement truck with explosives then I'm sure that the money spent on the explosives and the gasoline for Transformers 3 is only a tiny drop in budget for the movie that will not eat into the budget for other parts of the movie.

7. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Bring on the :bay 

8. figsdad

News Credits:
    lmfao but you all must agree there is more so far than both films put together.

9. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    not really, and some of the baysplosions that have happened so far might not even be in the final cut

10. figsdad

News Credits:
    Ohhh the baysplosions will be in it...

11. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Well the chicago shoot IS the final scene if the whole trilogy. I'd be disappointed if it had the same amount of explosions or less then the other two. It just tells me the robots are more involved in the fighting.

12. Ash from Carolina

I can't remember where it's at, there has been so much news lately, but didn't Bay hint in an interview that the good guys weren't going to have a lot of back up this time. Perhaps I'm just miss interpreting what he said but it sounds like it could just be the Autobots and a small NEST team to save the day this time.

Which would be good because you want the last battle to have a bit of tension to it like the good guys might not win this time.