Non-TF: MHW Velkhana base

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ichnach, Mar 7, 2020.

1. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    picked up a velkhana from the super expensive edition of iceborne and wasn't happy with the base it was on . i bought a cheap 4"x1" round led light puck with color changing remote off amazon for like $12. bottom pic is what i started with.

i took it apart (just 2 screws), and lined the insides with reflective aluminum tape to prevent light loss. i sanded the top part where the light shines out till it looked like smooth, frosted glass, and also roughly sanded the sides to make the decorations stick better. bought some cheap strings of quartz crystals from hobby lobby and some "ocean glass" that came in basically clear mixed with some pale blue and frosty clear hunks. i hot glued them all around the outside of the light puck and fitted it the quartz wherever i could to make it looks like jagged ice. i had to cut the bottom out of the velkhana statue since it was capped with black plastic underneath, but was actually cast in a clear resin with just a light frosting of white paint inside. once all done i just reassembled and plugged it in, since it can be battery or USB powered. really like it with the white oe pale blue lights on. pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Stormvapor

Stormvapor Well-Known Member

Very cool... no pun intended.

3. Dachande

Dachande Very Hank. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Absolutely stunning!

4. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer