Mezco One:12 Collective

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by openchallenge, Apr 24, 2015.

1. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Slugfest's Sock 'Em Stuffers | Mezco Toyz

Guaranteed Christmas Delivery | Mezco Toyz

Mezco has a few things on sale actually, most interesting I think is the Return of the Baker's Dozen set for $20, nothing else really for 1/12. But they also have some old stuff back in stock like Christopher Reeve Superman and Catwoman that might be interesting. They had the Gaslight Joker also earlier but appears to have sold out.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Legate

Legate Plastic Crack Addict

At the moment they're requesting a picture of the issue and of my packing slip/shipping label. Not sure why they're asking about the latter tbh.

But also, thank you very much. I'll be sure to let you know asap. :bowdown: 

3. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me. It's a neat accessory but it really doesn't fit into my plans. I'd much rather it be utilized as intended.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wheeljoker

As it should be. I appreciate the fact that no matter what happened today in the rest of the world,we can all take the time to get away for our shared love of all things plastic.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Wheeljoker

Well unfortunately I went to pull the neck out of my high roller Gomez this morning because I bought him to use the body for a custom Joker head I picked up and the ball snapped in the base of the neck so now I have to try to find a dumbbell ball peg to fit the head :( 

6. WeVoCoN

WeVoCoN Well-Known Member

I’m still relatively new to Mezco, but it sure sounds like a lot of QC issues with this high roller Gomez. Is that typical for Mezco?

7. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    The board break for @Legate is pretty much the only reported issue I've heard of. Mine was all good. I don't think Mezco has a bad wrap at all for QC; most complaints are usually design choices or differences from prototypes that are unannounced well after ordering.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

Have to agree with dukefett that I generally don't hear much on qc. In fact the biggest one was deterioration of the pleather materials they used on some figures and the color fade on some materials on other figures.

That said these feel like they were rushed which is most evident from the shipping method. No box had the mezco tape nor mezitz so I think they shipped from a different location than usual. The rush job could mean the factory was also pushed to get these out and possible that a different factory could have even been used. Only mezco knows if corners were cut. But with the neck break that wheeljoker mentions it sounds like there could possibly be a brittle plastic issue.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Wheeljoker

I can say that the neck ball breaking that I had was completely my fault. I've bought about 8 figures from them and I haven't really had any QC issues with the figures to speak off.

• Like Like x 1
  10. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    Opened my copy 1 hour ago. Here are some crappy pics during the process of unboxing it for those curious (not in order by any means). Pics are sideways just to save space.
    20211203_143026.jpg 20211203_142913.jpg 20211203_142640.jpg 20211203_142619.jpg 20211203_142440.jpg 20211203_142413.jpg 20211203_140634.jpg 20211203_140456.jpg

Why such a big a-- box to ship it, I have no idea and the Roach tape is not present as noted. No issues with my copy, the tin or hoverboard as of now.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Bryan Thornton

You got lucky and got a mezit I see. They also put yours in a big box. Mine was in a box that was just barely big enough for the figure box itself.
    20211203_195153.jpg 20211203_195141.jpg

12. borgified

News Credits:
    Shipping update on Reddit (posted 4/5 days ago). Yep... More pre-order releases pushed back.
    upload_2021-12-4_19-25-54.png

13. Wheeljoker

Hold on now..where do I find the dislike button :( ;) 

14. borgified

News Credits:
    Hold up here guys, there is one mistake that I think I found. If you look closely, Vapor v.1 and Vapor v.2 has been put in the wrong spots.

Vapor v.1 has been delivered (Date: Nov/Dec), however Vapor v.2 has not been delivered (Date: Delayed to Jan/Feb/March).

Note to Fabster - You screwed up!! :mad: 

So the Avent Boxes has not been shipped out yet and into customers correct? This means your going to be opening up multiple dates (and getting Meztizs when you get the package. Possibly Cuzin Eddi will be passed out by the time 25th arrives). :p 

Just call Batman done and gone Mezco as your dragging it too long: There's a boat load of unhappy customers of you guys taking the money and running away with it.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Legate

I wouldn't quite close the book on Keaton quite yet. We've seen other projects offered involving seamless or otherwise flexible bodies and it might be cockeyed optimism but that could be an indication that a solution is around the corner.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bryan Thornton

Not sure that is a mistake, vapor 2 is shipping now because I got a shipping notice for it on Friday. And wasn't vapor 1 changed from an instock to a preorder or something for a short time? This may be that second round that shows to be shipping next year early.

As far as the Keaton batman goes, at this point I wish they would just abandon the seemless body route and go traditional soft goods over articulated body and release it. I have been looking forward to that figure forever I feels like and I didnt even get in on the initial order.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wheeljoker

I caught a preorder for 89 Batman on BBTS. I've just put that one out of my head because I've got so much crap on BBTS that I'm waiting on that it doesn't even matter anymore.

The only one that bums me out is how far out Freeze is. I thought the last list @borgified had posted showed he was expected between Nov/Jan but I could be misremembering that. Not worried about it just been looking forward to Freeze more than 89 Bats.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Legate

Keaton was a pass at the time, but Reeves made me wish I'd gotten onboard.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Man I still hope 89 Batman will ship this time.

• Like Like x 1
  20. IronMonger986

IronMonger986 Well-Known Member

It’s become the Duke Nukem Forever of action figures.

• Like Like x 2