Mezco One:12 Collective

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by openchallenge, Apr 24, 2015.

1. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The stuff that comes out next month or is ready to ship were already produced, no need to fuss with the product and so much of that stuff is re-used parts. Only lately have Rumble Society stuff been getting many new parts.

Right now I know '89 Batman and Conan are really delayed, both of them had new bodies and Batman's was a totally different thing for them. That's the one where I feel like they really bit off more than they could chew.

I haven't personally since I've been pretty lucky but I see on FB a lot for conversions if you're there soon. If it's something that came out a while ago there isn't as much chance, but they always say 'jump on the waitlist so we know you want it' and they might make more.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Spartan0996

Spartan0996 Island Devil

I got Commissioner Gordon by waitlisting.

• Like Like x 2
  3. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

Interestingly, the stretchy part of Mister Fantastic is described very much like '89 Batman and Phicens: an internal skeleton armature.
    This suggests one of two possibilities: either they've finally gotten pliable bodies figured out(or are so close it makes no difference) and things bode well for the '89 Batman, or this set will experience similar delays and setbacks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Sadly I'm expecting the latter rather than the former. Setbacks and delays seem to be their MO even before the issues with Batman. Something I've come accustomed to with One:12 is preorder it and just forget that it exists until it gets released. I honestly try not to think about the delays too much or the fact that they like to play catch up right before the holidays and hit my bank account hard. :lol  It is what it is.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    One difference I think is that Mr. Fantastic will still have a suit covering it, so it doesn't have to be 'the skin' of Reed like Batman. So it might be a bit easier. I think they said their prototype of Batman collected dust badly, which they wouldn't have to worry about for a covered body.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Did they communicate that info though?

Like Super 7 is hopelessly behind but they kind of let people know the sitch and, I don't know, it just makes me feel like they didn't skip town or something.

8. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Mez is very quiet, he did an interview a month or two ago with a guy who runs one of the FB Mezco groups where he actually discussed the stuff and issues. They don't do much besides update the dates on their website. I think they occasionally reply to Instagram comments but not much else from what I recall.

Here's the interview:

• Like Like x 2
  9. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    MDS drop tomorrow if interested - Leatherface Screenshot 2021-07-06 141718.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They're really hitting the MDS line, I might break down and buy one sometime lol.

11. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After much hunting, I finally found a regular Sovereign Knight Batman for a decent price and is good condition. These have been pretty scarce in Taiwan for a while now, with the few that are available either really expensive, or faded horribly...and really expensive. Seriously, some dude wanted about $120US for one with a bodysuit that had turned completely orange. Anyway, I figured it would be a good idea to have a backup in case I bugger up my PX when I try to dye the suit and the Onyx version just doesn't look quite right with Catwoman.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Legate

That's a major downside to the latex(?) bodies, the difficulty in cleaning dust off. You pretty much have to put them in a sealed display container to keep them from getting fuzzy.
    I was thinking of gifting someone an Imagination Works Goku because they're a DBZ fan but the dust issue killed the idea.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

They also feel gross. Don't even like handling them.

I only get TB League because they're making some neat ancient mythology figures but honestly not a fan of their bodies. They also can't stand up on their own worth a damn.

Interested to see how Storm handles seamless bodies. If it's the same material that they've been making their figures out of I think it's a win over TB League and probably better suited for Mezco.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Legate

The only one I'm really interested in is the 1/12 Red Sonja. The steampunk one is interesting but I get very little in 1/6.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. Legate

More like purchased several cases as retailers and are able to open pre-orders now that Mezco closed theirs and has had time to confirm their order count.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Yeah, 1/6 takes the fun out of figures for me. I don't know why. I just get certain ones, very few. Plus most are over priced.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

I think you're being a bit over dramatic here. The mark-up is clearly $24.99..stop exaggerating ;) 
    Joking obviously but I was kind of expecting this may happen what with the 4 pc limit

• Like Like x 1
  20. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    BBTS has basically had some available of several 'open order' figure Mezco. This one though is closer to MSRP than others, so they're definitely getting some discount since with tax and shipping it's close to that price anyway. I had always thought they paid in full for the exclusives but there can't be any way they're doing that.

• Like Like x 1