Mezco One:12 Collective

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by openchallenge, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

It doesn't help that in their own promotional shots there is a giant yellow thread hanging off the pants just waiting to be pulled and make a seem come undone.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Soupy

Soupy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's also these guys. Heard they were good so I ordered one.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/40011...DZ4tQv3FnBg4Pw1606873832028&browser_id=&is_c=

3. Reedbot

Reedbot Well-Known Member

Anyone get the new Hellboy figure?

4. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

It actually looks decent, but I wasn't into the movie so it was a pass for me.

5. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After much hemming and hawing, I finally pulled the trigger on a Batman Beyond. Should arrive tomorrow. The Mezco-ication originally turned me off the figure, but the more I see it, the more I like it. Quite stoked to receive it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Legate

Mind if I ask what it cost you? I'm curious how the market's swung on it since I got mine in May for $200.

7. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After the conversion rate, I paid about $150.

• Like Like x 1
  8. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    was literally about to come ask this, I’ve been playing with the sentinel bellboy lately and it’s been making me wonder how the Mezco turned out. May just risk it and try it out

9. m22xsupersteel

m22xsupersteel Well-Known Member

Those look ace! Hopefully I can nab one or two.

10. m22xsupersteel

m22xsupersteel Well-Known Member

Just got my waitlisted (from 7 November) Docs today. D-Amazing’s review sold me on it and I’ve got the round 2 membership kit to look forward to next spring. First Mez I’ve bought since the classic Trek figs.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Legate

Welcome aboard!

12. Soupy

Soupy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm waiting to see if I can get the PX version. I like the horns.

• Like Like x 2
  13. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm not a big BB fan but I think it's an awesome figure. I remember people were giving it away at one point for like $85 shipped.

14. Legate

I think the lowest I ever saw it at was $125?

15. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Once that shipped after SDCC, the market was flooded, I think that and the Punisher were the last exclusives you could order 6 of. So a lot of people had extras and they weren't going.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Digi

Digi Well-Known Member

So I sold my original release Punisher on ebay a couple weeks ago, and before I listed it I checked the figure for any problems and it was perfect like I knew it would be considering I had only taken it out of the box twice since purchasing. The buyer is now claiming that he can't pose it because the joints are super loose, especially the right arm and hips, and wants to return it. I'm almost guaranteed to be receiving a knock off if I accept the return, and I have no idea how I can prevent it if goes ahead and files for a return. What should I do? Start by asking for pictures clearly showing the item and the alleged problems?

17. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Ah crap, that rough. Some people are such scum. Have you called eBay or PayPal about it? Do you think they’d help? Do you have pictures of the figure from before you sent it so that any noticeable differences can be pointed out if he sends you a KO?

18. Digi

Digi Well-Known Member

Only the listing photos because he sat in his box for the better part of four years. I posed it like twice and didn't display him because Mezco clothes attract dust and hair like nobody's business and I didn't want that to happen.

It's pretty obvious that he's trying to rip me off or has buyers remorse, both me and ebay had to remind him to pay, and he waited a full week after delivery to make this claim saying he only just got to opening it. I don't want to point out the obvious though, because he'll just submit a return request immediately and i'll be fucked as I don't have the cash until next thursday because I've been buying gifts for upcoming holidays and birthdays. I politely told him I checked the figure and know the joints were fine when I repacked it and asked him to post clear photos of the item and it's alleged issues, to which he gave this smarmy response saying there's no way I could've missed the issues and that maybe I just don't know better because I haven't been collecting long while he has. He then dodged saying that pictures cant do the issues justice and he'll send a video, which ebay doesn't allow through their normal messaging in the first place.

I'm banking on the paint job on the armor and face being vastly different if it's a knock off so I can show the differences, but for all I know is the assholes got a legit one that he's ruined the joints on and he's swap scamming me, he ruined the figure I sent him, or he's straight up got buyer's remorse. I always assume the worst though, you have to in this world.

I haven't contacted Ebay or PayPal yet, but if he refuses to cooperate showing the item Ill go straight to them to see if I can block the return outright or settle for a partial refund.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Bryan Thornton

Bryan Thornton Well-Known Member

Read this thread:
    https://forum.rebelscum.com/threads/how-to-proceed-with-a-scammer-on-ebay.1145601/#post-20337693

There is some great advice in there. Especially the Toronto newbie post. The difference here is you might have a very similar looking item so you really need him to send photos of the item he is returning for some comparison to your listed item.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You've got a hard battle unfortunately with eBay's 'item not as described' policy.