Metroid Prime: Hunters (discussion)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by SpazmasterX, May 23, 2006.

1. SpazmasterX

SpazmasterX Well-Known Member

FFS can there never be a FPS Metroid with a decent control scheme? I mean it's useable, but holy hell.

I digress, who's picked it up, share your friend codes, etc.

2. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I feel that this game is the best FPS on a handheld ever.

Anyway, my FC is: 3909 0956 5398

add me. I really want to play somebody from here. :p 

And post your FCs everybody!

3. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

I pre-ordered the ds lite today. This is one of the first games I want to get, along with the wifi connector for the DS & the Wii this Xmas.

4. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

It looks like Metroid Prime 3 just might answer that quesion.

I also want this game when I finally get a DS. Been wanting one for ages, but can't spare the cash.

5. mag_jr.

mag_jr. <B><font color=red>TFW2005 Article Guy</font></B> Veteran

The control is all right once you get used to it. Just make sure to take frequent breaks if your hand starts to cramp. I don't think that handhelds are ready to represent the best in FPS gameplay yet, but this is probably the best one yet. Not that there's much worthy competition, but it would hold up OK even against better games.

I can't take my DS online, though, and multiplayer is really a better experience than single player, which is on the average side. I got lucky--I know someone who has a DS. Besides, I enjoy multiplayer more when I'm in the same room with my opponents. :)  Anyway, it's a lot of fun once you've unlocked the other hunters. I've mostly fooled around with Trace, Weavel, and Samus, and haven't really tried the others yet.

I actually kind of like the control setup of the first two MP games, but the third one has me pretty interested. Definitely a good reason to get a Wii.