MetaGate Haiku - AOE Triple Changer Drift

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by williammmw, May 16, 2022.

1. Zoo

Zoo Well-Known Member

Ideal situation but I don't know the likelihood. Both cars are shaped very differently and a lot of the leg transformation, torso build and backpack shape kind of depends on the shape if the car. Keep in mind one is a mid engine car while one is a front-mid engine, cause them to have vastly different shapes and proportion. I'd love it if they could pull it off, but I'd understand if they didn't.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Do you have a pic?
    Yeah totally different but I was thinking that it might work if they flip the car mode around, so the thighs transform into the back. But in reality they’re going to have to redesign most of the figure if they’re truly doing a TLK version (which I really hope they do!).

• Like Like x 1
  3. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

just opened up mine and my god is it beautiful!!
    and the altmode is perfect MPM sized!!

I noticed I can make it about 13 mm less tall with a mod, ill see if I can do that tomorow.
    It will also make him more screen accurate but might also hinder articulation a little..
    The carmode will be stunning once painted up.. I am happy!
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 5.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  4. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

So this just happened:

broken cover 1.jpeg broken cover 2.jpeg

Something that had been bothering me from the start was the tightness of the shoulder pieces. As we all know, they're held in by a screw (which itself raises red flags), but I couldn't figure out if the tightness was due to the screw being too tight, or the tolerances for the pieces being off.

In fact, both shoulder bits on the right hand side actually cracked right after I got the figure -- but they did so cleanly and at a single point, so they were still usable, and not likely to break further (as the stress is now relieved and both pieces can move freely). The left side was still tight, but I assumed that if it cracked, it would probably be the same deal. It was not.

There are two problems here. The first is that I don't know if I can get a replacement piece, as I have no idea who is behind Metagate. (I have requested one from retailer, just in case.) The figure is good enough that it doesn't bother me that much to get a second copy ... but that leads to the second problem: can I loosen the tension on those pieces without completely screwing up the joint? It's a screw joint, which means (assuming that the screw isn't glued in) that fucking with it runs the risk of eventually (or immediately) stripping the hole and ruining the whole thing. Again, Zeta's Blitzwing is the worst example of this: they had a shoulder screw joint which stripped itself whenever you moved the arm.

Anyway, it's disappointing, though I guess I shouldn't be completely surprised given all the other QC issues in this thread. I don't have a fix for this. Screw joints are bad, and the only way to relieve pressure without messing with the screw would be to pre-break the pieces in question by cutting them -- and I'm not telling anyone to do that.

5. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Stealth Force Drift! I think it looks better without the sword but I was trying to see how many accessories I could fit on the alt mode. Which do you guys prefer? Now he has four modes!

DF750E20-5BC6-4249-A218-1549EAB9E2FA.jpeg 2E1DCD67-B5BE-4CDA-A872-747AFA433824.jpeg

• Like Like x 17
  6. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I find it really cute that this Drift has the exact same issue as his OG AOE Deluxe figure with the paint scraping off his nose. (^.^') Do be careful!

20221016_042652.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  7. Megalotron

Megalotron More ferocious than a deathclaw

News Credits:
    Ok, finally got this guy and had time too mess with him. Overall I'm impressed, Bugatti mode is very nice and the bot mode is just peaches. Transformation is obviously pretty involved, but that's how I like my transformers anyway, so that works for me. My gripes are that the thigh articulation is somewhat limited, but I can forgive that because of the kibble, and what it's accomplishing. The hands though suck, being single molded is a bummer. But it is what it is I suppose. And obviously the bot scale, it's just too big to interact with other mpm bots. It's nice though for a one off representation, and he atleast looks good next to tlk dlx bee. Despite the flaws I'm still happy with this Drift. Though, for some reason, I can't help but be reminded alot of transcraft bee when I mess with this guy, kinda odd. But anyway, right into bot mode I just had to fix his face, its just too bland. Added some lining too it and a little wash, and painted his eyes. Just waiting for those waterslides, and he'll look perfect.
    20221011_195648~2.jpg 20221015_170227~2.jpg 20221015_170459~2.jpg 20221015_135543~2.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  8. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Wash looks great! I’m thinking about repainting all the good bits to be a more yellow gold, like in the film, but I’ve been lazy about it so far.

9. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):

• Like Like x 5
  10. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think there was a huge scale debate earlier on in this thread and it was discovered that Drift was indeed taller than Bee?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Megalotron

News Credits:
    There's no scale debate, it was already confirmed how tall he'd be when first teased. That alone wasn't gonna stop me from picking this up though. Since it's for the most part a nicely engineered figure, and the probably the only mpm style drift we'll for a long time.

12. Zoo

Zoo Well-Known Member

He's only taller than la Hire by his crest, I don't see the issue with scale

• Like Like x 2
  13. Megalotron

News Credits:
    Yeah, but he should be abit shorter than hotrod and bumblebee. That's obviously not the case here with haiku, as he's pretty tall. Scale is very opinionated though, so if you like it great, but for me bot mode doesn't work well with the other figures.

14. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    IIRC in AOE Drift is actually taller than Bumblebee, so if it’s just a toy scale debate then fair enough but it’s very close. I need to watch it again because I could be wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Megalotron

News Credits:
    This is always the case with movie characters tough, they change constantly throughout the film. Sometimes he's taller than bee other times he's shorter, there's arguments for both sides. There is no definite right answer, just whatever we each prefer. For me personally, I've always seen him being quite shorter, so that's the way it is for me.:) 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Er, I was referring to the debate regarding the in-movie scale? The toy heights are obviously fixed.

bf2dcab7-cc51-4933-a641-63bfc369ae75.png

• Like Like x 4
  17. Megalotron

News Credits:
    Ah yes, misunderstood you there. Like a mentioned, it can go either way. Screenshot_20221016-083302_YouTube.jpg

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Got this in hand… Blown away.

I won’t call it perfect because the knives on his back need to partsform and there is no weapon storage in car form. Not even gonna mess with helicopter mode for now.

This just ticks a bunch of boxes for me… the leg articulation is limited, the head gets limited by the collar, and I recognize some inaccuracies to the movie, but the fact that this EXISTS and pulls off what it’s going for with such aplomb is a miracle.

If this is any indication of Metagate’s work moving forward, and it doesn’t self-destruct after a week like Transcraft Bee (will never stop being mad about that), I think Terrorsaur will be a dream.

• Like Like x 7
  19. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Bee is clearly in the foreground here though.

• Like Like x 9
  20. Megalotron

News Credits:
    Not too be that guy, but in the same scene Primes hand swings infront of Bee. Which atleast indicates too me, they're already standing fairly inline with each other. Screen_Recording_20221016-104927_YouTube_exported_4702~2.jpg