Met With A Hasbro Agent To Know About The Future Of Movies

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

You know, I'm not a fan of Hasbro having greater input into the movies, nor do I want Windblade to appear when there are hundreds of robots I'd rather see more, both who haven't appeared (Beachcomber, Punch-Counterpunch, Sixshot, Cosmos, Cyclonus, Astrotrain, etc.) and who have appeared (I'd love to see more of AoE Crosshairs, Hound, and Drift, for instance)….

….BUT if she did appear, I'd give her a fair shot. I didn't care when Crosshairs was revealed as one of the AoE Autobots, but I ended up loving him in the finished film. It's a good idea to keep an open mind. You never know what you'll end up enjoying.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
  3. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    I have got to be honest. I hope to god Windblade isn’t the seventh bot because I don’t like her design at all and why would they use a design for a total different character? Lmao. That makes no sense. It’s like something the bay movies would pull with characters being reused and name slapping in ROTF - DOTM. Her character isn’t interesting. She’s like TFP Optimus most of the time and shows no emotion. She’s just there to be cool and her whole wind ability makes no sense and has no reason to be there. She’s legit replacing Arcee too. Keep her in the cartoons.

Exactly!! Why are people saying there’s an existing scene of that when it wasn’t filmed.

Recently she’s been shoved down our throats more than Bumblebee has been for the past decade. In my opinion her character isn’t interesting at all. Everything about her is so basic and boring. She’s replacing Arcee which is a fact. The only good incarnation of her is IDW Windblade, yet her design still is horrible and she legit covered up Chromia killing a bunch of people because “she’s my friend.”

In my opinion, RID was a horrible cartoon with another horrible incarnation of, Windblade. She was just there to be there, was so unimportant. She was really problematic and when RID first started she was some kind of stereotypical badass character with no actual motive or interesting back story.

The hate for Windblade is very divisive, people hate her for a lot of reasons and different reasons.

For me it’s her design, most of her boring incarnations, her replacing Arcee, and her being shoved down everyone’s throats.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    That would be nice, but no, I was thinking more like the days of ask alpha trion or the days they interacted more directly and openly with the various fan sites. The landscape is very different now than then, however.

5. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I think they could make her cool if they tried. Maybe her wind ability could be like a blast of air pressure or energy. Her flaming energy sword could look pretty cool in live-action. With some tweaking, I can visualize how they could make her cool and interesting. The depressing thing is that they probably won't alter her design much.

I was going to find some fan-art of Windblade that demonstrates how she could be cool, but I actually couldn't find any images of the character that I liked. There's some well-done art, but no really good redesigns or anything. I'm not sure if this is official or not, but it's the coolest image of the character I could find. Mainly because they removed the bulk from the wings, and the streamlined that dang helmet.

First Look at Transformers Windblade 3 Comic Book Art by Sarah Stone (5).jpg

6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Nah, she just needs a full on redesign - maybe something that looks like it was meant to transform first, and the whole theme of the design second. I always thought the 'painted face warrior' was her weakest aspect given she stands out too much for it.

• Like Like x 4
  7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They could tone down the face markings if they just gave her red-bordered eyes. They run contrary to the shape of her face and just look plain stupid next to her blue eyes. Maybe if it was a more simple marking ala the Tallgeese II, but really her whole design is just awful. It's literally just a female kabuki robot with wings. It's so uninspired, nothing clever was done with it by any of the artists because for some reason her design needs to remain consistent yet no one else's does.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I do think 'uninspired' is a good word to describe Windblade's design. It's just about as unoriginal as you can get. Even things like the wing placement and color scheme. How many red jets (or grey/white jets with red markings) with Seeker-style wings do we have? Heck, Starscream has a similar design, and he's a major character. Plus, we have several red Autobots in the main cast. Why not do something in green or even blue, to balance the colors out more? Even her jet mode has always felt really goofy to me. It kind of feels like a child's idea of a VTOL jet. It especially looks weird put beside vehicles that are more-or-less based on real automobiles.

9. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

Not to mention given how much people have an issue with Druft how is a kabuki themed robot okay?

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    People stopped being annoyed about Drift years ago after the worst he did was get overhyped, be made a Wrecker, and then promptly do nothing but maybe have a cool action shot but otherwise just stand around in the crowds. People got used to him being around without actually needing to be so critical to the plot, and then Roberts got him and actually made him a character who was more than simply a pointy robot with swords.

It also helped that his toy remains pretty goddamn awesome.

Windblade has neither. Her Generations toy was sub-par at best from what I heard and she's pushed too hard as a main character. Or, as I keep saying - literally Poochie.

11. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Well, being a staff member of a Fandom site certainly helped me. I'm guessing the relationship varies from region to region or country to country. Take Australia for example, Hasbro AU is highly involved with the fans.

Yes, I see a huge improvement. On the same day, I interviewed some retailers. Boy, they said during the last few months Hasbro was highly interactive with them and will continue to do so. I think the loss of TRU opened up a whole new ballgame.

Fandom sites will always be the link, the window, the bridge.

From what I was told, there will be some announcements; business-wise, during Toy Fair 2019. We'll see how it goes. :) 

• Like Like x 11
  12. Sir Spookii

Sir Spookii Well-Known Member

I think the whole Windblade thing I brought up could be its own thread lol, I didn’t realize people had such strong opinions on it. Just thought I should bring it up because of how heavily involved Hasbro is now it makes me have a feeling we’ll be seeing her in a movie soon.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  13. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Can you give deets on Cyberverse?

14. Cyborgraptor

Cyborgraptor Well-Known Member

Look, I'm a simple man. I would just like to know if the future of Transformers films is going reboot or prequel route. Just crossing my fingers that we get a definite answer by next weekend

• Like Like x 3
  15. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

So now Lorenzo chased away Knight, not the fact that Knight is the Ceo and president of a successful animation company his father is the owner of? :) .

16. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Please be a reboot!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Paok

Paok Well-Known Member

I hope they do a proper clean reboot, with a solid vision and plan.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think Hasbro being more involved could be a good thing.

The toy business is tough so they need to keep up with what people are going to want. It has to appeal to kids, it has to appeal to the parents who are going to buy it, their nostalgia brands have to appeal to geezers like me, and the product has to appeal to people in nations around the world. That's a pretty broad demographic. Yes I know they don't always hit it out of the ball park and some Hasbro brands fail, but to stay in business they must be tapping into something that is working.

Paramount. Well it kind of feels like they got wrapped into their own Hollywood bubble where the only thing they listened to was themselves talking. Sure you could dismiss it if it was just one or two franchises having trouble, but with Turtles, Trek, GI Joe, and people saying who the hell asked for a Bay Watch movie it seems like Paramount wasn't keeping track of what people would want. Maybe the new leadership will be different, but it's still a little to early to tell.

It seems like entertainment is changing rapidly with streaming meaning that what people watch is not always a product of the Hollywood system. So perhaps it would do Paramount some good to bring in these voices from outside of the Hollywood system that understand what people want. The same old same old wasn't working so they need something that will drag people away from all their other entertainment options to go to a theater to watch a movie.

• Like Like x 6
  19. transf0

transf0 “Well Connected” The GOAT

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Internally they thought ask AT was fun but trivial, i.e. that type of thing was just a one off.

20. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    A plan? Last time anyone ever tried to set up a universe and plan things out from a writers room we ended up with TLK and WW2 Nazi Transformers.

• Like Like x 1