Met With A Hasbro Agent To Know About The Future Of Movies

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Nathanoraptor

Nathanoraptor Well-Known Member

Hodson is the only credited writer and she's stated that the script she originally pitched is pretty much the same as the finished film.

Also, the fact the Vietnam War scene made it to concept art doesn't mean it was ever filmed,

My idealism thought that he'd learnt some humility, but then I realised, given how he screwed up TLK, this wouldn't be impossible behaviour for him. The man truly is a dick and idiot and the sooner he is gone from this franchise the better.

Michael Bay, all shalt be forgiven if you or Spielberg fires Lorenzo tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  2. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Hooked on a Feeling!

News Credits:
    I'm glad to know that Hasbro is going to be taking more control. I hope that leads to more movies like Bumblebee, and representations of these characters that are a bit more faithful to the brand. My only concern is that I hope it doesn't become too G1. I liked how Bumblebee mixed G1 stuff with new stuff (like Charlie, and Shatter and Dropkick). I hope they add enough freshness to keep it interesting.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Sir Spookii

Sir Spookii Well-Known Member

Another thing I just thought about. Now that Hasbro has the control over the movies, I think Windblade will end up being in one of the 7 pods at the end of Bumblebee just because of how much they’ve pushed her to the front of so much stuff.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    So @SilverOptimus whats a better way for us to reach out to Hasbro or get updates on a more consistent or open basis? Obviously the company can't make itself completely available to every fan at all times for all questions, but do you think this meeting represents a shift in any way in how Hasbro plans on communicating outside of fairs and investor milestones and heavily steralized social media presence? Or was this meeting (its content aside) more or less business as usual?

• Like Like x 3
  5. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    Insulting him is kind of uncalled for. It's one thing when he says something goofy, but this topic really has nothing to do with him.

It kind of weird that Lorenzo really wasn't on anyone's radar until Bay left, and now he's taking most of the hate, even in completely random threads. It's like everyone rushed out to find someone new to dump their frustrations on. I understand the hate for Bay, because he was directly responsible for a lot of the decisions people don't like. I don't think Lorenzo has that much control though. We don't even have proof that he tried to sabotage Cullen's audition. He's certainly not responsible for the Writer's Room making Quintessa a billion-year old human. People are just creating narratives to make him sound worse than he is.

This is kind of my worry too. Hopefully if they go that route, they actually make this an opportunity to flesh out the character's personality and revise her design.

Honesty, I wouldn't mind Windblade being a repaint of Shatter, without the car parts. She even has a VTOL jet mode with turbines on the shoulders. Just give her a new head and change the color scheme a bit, and that design would work fine. Just please leave off the facepaint and the weird bulky hair-net-thing.

• Like Like x 6
  6. transf0

transf0 “Well Connected” The GOAT

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Hasbro has no plans to become more interactive in these terms. There won't be anything like a Wendy's social media level of interactivity for the foreseeable future.

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    We know from test screenings that the Movei began with Bee being chased by S7, so yeah no Vietnam was ever in any cut of the film

• Like Like x 1
  8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Ding dong THE BAYVERSE IS DEAD!

Nobody can fire Lorenzo - he's still under contract.

Every story has a grain of truth to it.

No.

Dear fucking GOD no.

Windblade should never in a billion years be allowed to be in the films. She's a terrible character concept shoved into everything without changes I might add and she needs to be left out of something.

She is the fucking POOCHIE of this franchise and needs to hail the call that her planet needs her and then fucking die on the way back there.

Then why was the concept art even created in the first place? It makes no sense why they'd even consider that crap if it wasn't at some point intended for the final film, even if in the earliest stages of nailing down the storyline.

• Like Like x 2
  9. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I never said it wasnt intended to be in the film, just that i was never shot, Every movie has a scene or character or idea that was intended to be in the film, but was never filmed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

First Class was conceived as a soft reboot, but it was pulled back into the old continuity of the previous films with Days of Future Past and that film was used to make a new timeline, while still in the same canon.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sir Spookii

Sir Spookii Well-Known Member

Jeez LMAO.

Where does all the hate for Windblade come from? Jw

• Like Like x 2
  12. Autobot Burnout

She's the "fan-built" character - despite arguably not really having been designed as much as the fans were polled on generic guidelines and the final design was not put up for vote - who just gets shoved into literally every single new Transformers media ever except for the films because then she might actually die and Hasbro won't let their little precious darling do something as inconvenient as that.

Oh, and she never gets redesigns. Ever. She looks exactly the same no matter what continuity she's in, which is something even the movies understood is something you need to do when they went with G1 designs for Bumblebee.

Poochie is literally the best example to describe why she's shit.

• Like Like x 6
  13. PaxStarkist

PaxStarkist Casual G1 fan and 1st trilogy apologist

Wait is WB an MS?
    Marysuicon

• Like Like x 1
  14. Honorbound

Honorbound The Working Hermit

Her design reuse in series that constantly change designs is actually rather symbolic of her artificial nature - she can't change because she's not allowed to change, she's something that was forced into the setting. It's really a shame, because there are ways to alter her to fit in each continuity, but Hasbro won't go for it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TheSoundwave

News Credits:
    Given the choice I'd prefer her not appear, but I think it's inevitable if Hasbro takes more control. She could be a fine character, but she really needs some work in the characterization and design department.

16. Autobot Burnout

Pretty much. She's always given these super important roles or something and is always in the main cast. Hell, in the Star Trek/G1 crossover comics? GUESS WHO WAS THERE even though her very being there completely missed the point of the comic, which was crossing over the original 80s properties which no matter how hard they try, Windblade just doesn't look the part.

Namely because they took the whole Giesha theme way too far.

Exactly, she doesn't even remotely feel like a natural entity in anything she's in. And that, ironically, is by design, because she's a female red/black Autobot seeker with a sword? Why, that just happens to be the perfect formula for the edgiest Transformers fan character ever. Even Drift wasn't this bad after being hyped as 'the next Wolverine' because he got shoehorned into the Wreckers which was kind of a point of contention since they're the 'super badass squad' but then he didn't really do anything special as part of them so he was just...there...and then he eventually was allowed to have character development and as a legacy type character he does work in the setting. Oh, and he's gotten at least two variation designs from RiD and the films at this point, so he's more firmly established that way as well.

But not Windblade. Everywhere she goes, she basically is a sword-wielding Thrust in drag who sucks at makeup.

What's amazing is that IDW actually came up with a character who is far superior to Windblade more as a throwaway than anything. Stardrive is basically raised to become a Star Knight along the ranks of none other than the badass motherfucker himself ROM, and as I recall she has some Space Knight powers which make her super special, but her design is far more in line with traditional G1 styles given she was actually meant to look like she came from such people - as opposed to the kibble-light Windblade who has the bare essential wings and little else - and beyond being a space knight (and not the only space knight), she is just handled like a normal character. No 'chosen one' or 'city speaker' nonsense out of the gate, she isn't presented as being a character whose uniqueness is litterally the appeal of their existence, so she actually is a far more natural fit despite ironically being the one who sticks out like a sore thumb among the Space Knights.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm hoping to hear more news about more plans for the BW movie they've mentioned a while back so this is an exciting time for a lot of TF fans in general not just G1.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Adding Windblade would be a huge mistake, especially considering she would likely be inserted as a main character. The previous times she had central focus in media, was the Machinima series and Cyberverse, I really don't want that to be repeated in a series of films that could potentially change the brand's reputation for the better. Also, the last thing the TF movies need is another main character with a stereotype face. I wish Hasbro would stop trying to force her into popularity.

• Like Like x 3
  19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm honestly expecting Windblade to show up sooner or later in the movieverse anyway whatever people like it or not and truth be told I wouldn't mind it at all especially if Arcee joins her to be the first Autobot femmes to get major roles this time in the movie franchise unlike what happened in ROTF.

• Like Like x 1
  20. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

So is this Lorenzo guy with Hasbro or Paramount and does Hasbro taking more control mean this guy has less authority over the brand?