Met With A Hasbro Agent To Know About The Future Of Movies

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SilverOptimus, Feb 10, 2019.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Yesterday, I met with an agent/rep from my side of Hasbro. It was a short visit, but I learned one or two things. Even gave me a free Botbot.

Most of the info was about Cyberverse. Tiny Turbo Changers and Botbots are doing well in the South-East Asian region. However, movie merchandise are not in their glory days. Hopefully, that'll change. Hopefully the prices too; now that Hasbro has an office in India.

The company is actively involved in the region more than ever. Building new partnerships with retailers.

As for the movies, plans seems to be well on their way for the future, although specific details will be revealed to us later. I can tell you this much: Hasbro is extremely involved this time. Hasbro is in fact doing most of the talking.

I'll be doing a formal interview later, because the plans are still in their inception. Will front page when it's done.

Hopefully, Hasbro's involvement is a successful one.

• Like Like x 38
  2. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime *sigh* STILL waiting for MPM Ratchet

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    it's nice to hear from the grown-ups this time and the progress they're actually making.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Nathanoraptor

Nathanoraptor Well-Known Member

Here's something you could (possibly) ask.

Is Bumblebee is still a prequel or is it the first in a new continuity, similar to X-Men: First Class?

4. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He probably already knows the answer.

So when will the stuff about the future of the movies be released to the public? At Toy Fair?

5. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I hope Hasbro's involvement will enable the movies to improve, and will provide better toys.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Better toys? Studio Series is killing it right now!

• Like Like x 14
  7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I agree, though I think he may refer to more accurate first attempts. Hopefully Hasbros involvement means the toys can be closer to the on screen designs rather than outdated concepts.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Ding dong THE BAYVERSE IS DEAD!

Hasbro's basically calling the shots now?

[​IMG]

The less input Paramount has on 'deviation' at this point the better. I don't trust anybody at that studio to handle shit correctly except when Knight is around.

• Like Like x 15
  9. Nathanoraptor

Sadly, he will probably not be. He said, a few weeks ago, that he wants to get back to Laika and go back to making movies there.

Also, I feel Christina Hodson doesn't get the credit she deserves when anyone talks about Bumblebee; she wrote the great script that became the great film. She was an integral component to Bumblebee being a great film.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Paramount is good at their own properties, but once you put them in charge of someone else's business it becomes a problem. They have blown franchise after franchise. It's been that way since Sumner split CBS and Paramount.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely agree with you on Christina. As far as Travis leaving, my Spidey Sense suspects Lorenzo's jealous fury for pushing him out.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nathanoraptor

Why on Earth would Lorenzo be jealous? Stupid production decisions aside, Lorenzo di Bonaventura is a grown man.

13. Sir Spookii

Sir Spookii Well-Known Member

That’s what I’m hoping. I remember someone saying their movie team is supposed to be there too, so we’ll probably get an answer there. I would think if Hasbro is involved heavily like @SilverOptimus is saying then it’ll probably be a reboot. I just hope they don’t dance around the question :banghead: .

14. Nathanoraptor

We're probably going to get some news on that soon.

15. Decepticon Miner

News Credits:
    Same with SIEGE. Damn the toys have been good recently except Cyberverse.

Yeah the movie team will be showing up there and there is a lot of speculation surrounding them appearing. They only appear when there is an upcoming movie with a toy line or there is some kind of announcement. They will be announcing something for sure.

16. Decepticon Miner

News Credits:
    Doesn’t mean he can’t return for another movie. He’s just working at Laika right now. Doesn’t mean he can’t come back. With a movie as successful as Bumblebee they would want him back. And he already has ideas for Bumblebee 2.

17. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    The heavier involvement of Hasbro is for the better. I know Hasbro isn't afraid of reboots, especially when they know they can't live without popular characters such as Starscream and Soundwave dead in the Bayverse.

• Like Like x 8
  18. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Frankly, as much as I appreciate his movie, he's not THAT necessary. It only matters if the studio can set guidelines and follow them. MCU movies are very different and from different directors and they still fit together. I know it takes a coordinator over the franchise... But it can be done.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Nathanoraptor

Yeah.

Also, Hasbro and Paramount need to be more willing to listen to the creative teams in the future; part of the reason why ROTF was a massive cock-up was because they wouldn't let Bay and the writers delay production during the Writers' Strike.

Conversely, the original director of Thor left midway through production and the writer said he needed more time to work on the film. These delays would have meant the film could not have made its initial 2010 release date. Marvel listened to the guy, changed the release date and temporarily delayed production.

Someone once said that screenwriters have the hardest jobs in Hollywood. And they're absolutely right.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Ding dong THE BAYVERSE IS DEAD!

It's hard to tell from what I know because Bumblebee was heavily revised following TLK imploding at the box office, so what was part of the original script and what was forced to be rewritten by external parties to distance the film from TLK is unknown.

But between the concept art of Bumblebee in the Vietnam War and the existence of toys for characters under the Bumblebee header who are from the previous films and yet conspicuously are not in the BB film itself, it's obvious the script revisions are significant.

Because the man is a raging asshole who doesn't even know the very brand his mouth blabbers about? The dude went on about how Quintessa is somehow originally a human and was around six billion years ago - read: BEFORE HUMANS EVEN EXISTED.

And then there's the scumbag method he tried in order to prevent Peter Cullen from being Optimus Prime again purely because Lorenzo wanted nothing to do with the original cartoon series - that method being making sure the guy opposite Cullen at the voice test never showed up. Cullen out-talented those ambitions, though, by simply doing both speaking parts himself and impressed Bay enough to override Lorenzo. Pissed off, Lorenzo made it such that Cullen couldn't reprise Ironhide as well, who Cullen also was back in the Sunbow cartoon.

That guy is bad news and is in a position where his influence goes well beyond what a mere producer should have power over - plus he's a terrible PR guy and yet somehow is the only PR guy speaking to the media.

• Like Like x 4