Mental Illness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shockwave9227, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

When I was put on Zoloft several years ago, I basically felt like a lab rat.

My bathroom performance became irregular and unpredictable,
    I developed heart palpitations,
    I developed pains all over my abdomen,

If I went too long without it- I'd start experiencing chest pressure, dizziness, lightheadedness, headaches, and panic attacks.

Finally I told my doctor:
    Yo, I can't take this crap anymore.
    I'm either constipated or having the runs or having heart palpitations or stomach pains or chest pressure or SOMETHING ELSE- and I'm tired of it.
    YOU need to find me another medication that won't make me feel like a 24/7 lab rat- because as of right now: This is no way to live. This is horrible.

He switched me over to Lexapro and BINGO: Been golden ever since.
    Very minimal side effects- nowhere remotely close to how bad Zoloft was.

I always tell people who take Zoloft: If you can't handle the side effects, then give Lexapro a try. Solved all my problems.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:

I was on Lexapro for a while and I had to come off of it, not because it didn't work, but because my insurance didn't cover it anymore. I'm on Prozac now as one of many things which I take and I think I am really close to the right chemistry. But things that I really thought were side effects of the meds is that i'm really anemic, so once I get that straightened out (should be by the end of the summer), I should be really good.

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to be crass, and I apologize for being incredibly rude with this next question...

Does Lexapro affect you, personally, in terms of libido? (A simple yes or no is fine.)

I know certain SSRIs can permanently damage your brain chemistry to the point that you not only don't want to anymore, but it can actually remove the functionality, physically. (Basically a mind-altering castration.) Paxil, for one. It can permanently damage you. People have sued, it's ruined marriages.

4. Pudglor Shmormuff

Nope. Never had an issue with either one in that aspect.

I'm still the same horndog I was in my teens. XD

5. Pudglor Shmormuff

(Sigh)…The more I watch Sociopathy Documentaries, the more I'm convinced that Bertha (my mother in-law) is a full-blown sociopath.

Important to note: I've been convinced for a while, but the more material I research, the more it reinforces my theory on her. She IS a sociopath dude. Without a doubt.

1) Sadism and Mind Games- CHECK.
    2) Conduct Problems Prior to Age 15- She's always had issues between her mother, brother, and sister- CHECK.
    3) Trivial Sex Life- She cheated on her husband, so CHECK.
    4) Empathy Free- CHECK.
    5) Shallow Emotions- CHECK.
    6) No Guilt or Sense of Responsibility- TRIPLE CHECK.
    7) Compulsive Lying- TRIPLE CHECK.
    8) High Sensation Seeker- TRIPLE CHECK.
    9) Egoism and Grandiosity- She plays "victim" most of the time, so she's more the "victim" role player VS "I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread" type. Fuck it: CHECK.
    10) Surface Charm and Glibness- Every time I've spoken to her directly about certain issues, she's just laughs and looks away- refuses to face them- TRIPLE CHECK.

(Sips coffee) It doesn't matter what resources I reference for further research on Sociopathy- every single one screams BERTHA.

At this point, even though I'm not trained to identify them, & I have 0 mental healthcare credentials: I'd be willing to bet my salary that she's a sociopath. That's how certain I am. She has to be.

Even more convincing:
    Weeks ago my father in-law, wife, and I were talking about Bertha, and I told'em: You guys wonder how she's able to do what she does, and that's because she doesn't see people as people- she sees them as objects to manipulate.
    We're just pieces on a chess board for her to play with- that's all we are to her.

Fast forward to today, and it says on the research page I was reading earlier- "Doesn't see or treat people as people."- WOW WHAT A SHOCKER TO SEE THAT ON A SOCIOPATHY PAGE, EH? NO SHIT....-_-

I could do enough research to build a stack of paper from the floor to the ceiling, and you could pick ANY page out from the stack- and go: Yep, sounds like Bertha...0_0

I've never been a betting man- because I don't like to take gambles with my money- but this would be THE easiest bet I've ever taken. She is...I KNOW she is.

6. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Sorry for being nosy, and thank you for responding. That's good news. My therapist (she's helping me with OCD and intrusive thoughts) wants me to consider medication. She mentioned Zoloft, but that stuff's not a walk in the park and is addictive past a certain point. Lexapro sounds like a good one, to me.

7. Pudglor Shmormuff

It's better to be on something VS being on nothing.

I would definitely suggest trying Lexapro before Zoloft.

8. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 What to type here?

News Credits:
    Hey guys, do you mind if I come here to discuss my OCD, anxiety, and seasonal depression?

• Like Like x 1
  9. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Not at all. That's what it's for.

• Like Like x 2
  10. stephenotes88

stephenotes88 Well-Known Member

Tried Zoloft and Risperdal for a year and my shitty European doctor wouldn't let me switch. Gained more than 50 pounds. Got a new doctor and trying Latuda, it's okay except my eyesight got a whole lot worse. I may have had some weird eating habits but that really made the weight gain more extreme. Now I have to worry about being obese af and having to try different diets and hitting the gym regularly. Losing weight with mental illness is *especially difficult.

11. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Looks like my newly crazy next door neighbor who tried to get me searched and arrested with false accusations is getting some state help - at least judging by the fact some ladies I helped get in the building yesterday (no one had told them how the locked front door works, and said neighbor keeps losing/drunkenly passwording her phones so they couldn't contact her) paid her a surprise visit, with 'intake' files and everything. And I heard from a downstairs neighbor that three people in her hall went nuts, too, at about the same time. She attributes it to PTSD triggered by the 4th, but I dunno, that's a lot of people to be having mental breaks in this building this year, let alone in the span of just a month. Maybe something in the water. :puke: 

--Moony

12. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Twitter:
    So another lousy crappy night of no real sleep and the usual moods that if I were Suicidal chances are I'd probably off myself if listened to the usual negative thinking.

Would be nice if I could get a solid night's rest and just wake up not hating a lot of things about existence to a point Suicide would sound like a good idea.....

Wouldn't be surprised if I was diagnosed with some mental illness if I did go to a Therapist that was competent...

My daily routines now involve having to make sure I chill out since I have to keep my Blood Pressure under control.

just working on making it through the days lately and making it through the nights without melting down at least I'm working to keep myself off the net when I have these mood swings that go from being pissed off to suicide sounding like a good idea.

• Like Like x 1
  13. stephenotes88

stephenotes88 Well-Known Member

Have you tried sleep supplements like melatonin? They're available at local pharmacies and even if you use them for a few days, it could help your body get used to sleeping normally.

14. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

So I'd been on a combination of Viibryd and Vyvanse for about a year, and starting around the beginning of this year my mental health was on a slow but steady decline. When it finally hit pre-med lows I figured Viibryd just isn't doing it for me anymore, and my doctor agreed, so he had me switch to Wellbutrin (while still on Vyvance), and folks, the difference is night and day. The transition period was rough, but not too bad, and for the last two or three weeks I've been on it I've been so much more stable and energetic.

The only downsides are that my lack of appetite has returned to pre-med levels, which thankfully I know how to deal with, and that if I take my meds too late in the day I may have trouble sleeping (or, in the case of last night, I can't sleep at all).

Oddly, everyone I know who's been on Wellbutrin says it did nothing for them. I expect the energy boosts to lose their edge after a while, but so far the ADHD-antidepressant combo has been very effective for me. Has anyone else been on a combo similar to this?

15. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

Out of curiosity, how normal is it to be tense on the roads around erratic and nearby drivers after a motor vehicle accident, and what about contemplating how little you have done since then? I'm afraid that I might have developed something new since November. Like I shouldn't be here, yet I am still nervous on the road?

16. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

It's been 11 years for me since my car crash and I also get tense when I drive but less when I'm just the passenger.

I get panic attacks because of the a-hole drivers in my area who know nothing of the rules of the road to the point I freeze up.

• Like Like x 2
  17. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 In it for the engineering

News Credits:
    Schizoaffective, OCD, anxiety, and BPD. Currently in a psych ward after my dad caught me trying to cut my finger off and it seems like they might diagnose me with PTSD, so I'm not sure what lottery I won. :lol 

18. goldenboy1on1

goldenboy1on1 Well-Known Member

it takes alot of strength to talk about what happened and what you're feeling. until today, I had no idea this thread existed...and it's good it does to give people a chance to talk and get support.

i hope everything works out for you. i know a person who went through an experience and volunteering where she received support helped so much. she ended up getting a masters degree in social work and is now helping people the same way the hospital helped her.

i hope everything works out. you never have to feel alone. thank goodness there will always be support on places like this, that's for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  19. JaZzPrImE74

JaZzPrImE74 Sub to my YT Supreme J

News Credits:
    Sometimes i feel like i have a mental illness of overthinking:( 

20. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    It's called OCD.