Megatron's purpose

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Primus Productions, Mar 1, 2015.

?

How is Megatron able funiction?

1. In his mind

100.0%
  2. his memories

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Primus Productions

Primus Productions Defender of the bayverse Veteran

News Credits:
    Okay, So Megatron aka Galvatron in future films. I am abit confuse about, how Megatron operates in the films. Like is he alive in his mind. Since he has no spark If I recall. In DotM, He just sat around doing nothing, And we finally get action near ending of the film. But my question is mainly where does Megatron mainly operate at?.

I just understand the outcome of his actions in such, I'm just abit confuse about how he works in the films.

2. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

He operates through Hasbro's need to sell toys. As far as the people making the films are concerned, that's all you need to know.

3. Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime Well-Known Member

Soundwaverulls, that is a ridiculous and unhelpful answer.

I'm not sure how to answer the poll. But Megatron can evidently survive to some degree as just a head, like a cockroach. He transferred his mind into the Galvatron body as shown in the movie, and boom. He's back. And unlike natural Cybertronians, needs no spark to function. Kinda like how in some movies people get their brains transferred into artificial bodies that don't need the same things human bodies need.

I hope that answers your question.

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Non of that makes sense, since Optimus states their memories are stored in their sparks, so without a spark, how were there memories to transfer? How would you even transfer memories from a spark?

5. Master Disaster

Master Disaster Well-Worn Member

News Credits:
    I know I seem new here but honestly, what?

6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    In the 1st movie he wanted more power and to enslave all humans. In the 2nd and 3rd it seemed like he will craved power yet knew The Fallen and Sentinel were more powerful to take on solo.

By AOE, it seems like his original goal is in mind, but he played it safe convincing humans(at first), leading them to think he could he controlled. The whole biding of his time as a head reminds me of Megatron from Transformers Animated.

7. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Brains said KSI was downloading the Decepticons' minds from their heads.

8. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Basically you are confused how he is still alive.

Megatron died in TF1 with his Spark extinguished.

In ROTF he was resurrected but different from Optimus resurrection.

[​IMG]

Scalpel used the Allspark shard to reanimate Megatron as an Allspark Mutation. As we've seen in TF1 Megatron has backup files in his head as seen what happened with Archibald Witwicky.

Scalpel hit Megatron's head. Robert Orci , writer of TF1, explained Allspark Mutations brought to life by the Allspark do not have Sparks like Cybertronians do.

Essentially Megatron is an undead Transformer. Which explains why Megatron can't heal properly in DOTM. Without a Spark as a main power source of Energon in a TF body Megatron was deteriorating slowly. Cade elaborated that a Spark is a TF power source. That makes sense as it looks like a ball of Energon.

Megatron still alive as a head with KSI saw an opportunity for them to create a new body for him with their breakthrough unlocking Transformium. Megatron does not need Energon anymore with such a body.

So he spread himself to the Galvatron prototypes like a virus. Note Frenzy can sophisticated AI viruses. What is more Megatron who has nothing more to lose?

9. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Fucking wisdom! Have an Oreo!

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Bingo.

It's long and convoluted but it makes sense.

11. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Senior Robotic Citizen

News Credits:
    I think you just blew my mind.