Megatron vs. Wolverine

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Monte Williams, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Ohhh, quit being a hater. There have been wayyy more heroes than just Wolvie that got ridiculously powered up...and then powered back down including your beloved Hulk (WWHULK anyone?). They de-powered Wolvie's healing factor anyway recently. During his last encounter with the Angel of Death, he made a deal with him to recover a piece of his own soul. Consequently, though he can still heal, he heals much much slower and can definitely be killed now according to the Angel of Death. Even before that though, Wolverine had a kryptonite like weakness to Carbonadium (still does) and can be killed by the Muramasa blade (what he used to kill Sabertooth).

Megatron can't even take out Sari or Sam. Wolvie wins this for taking out Sentinels that are way bigger than Megatron, as others have pointed out. Or... He goes G1 and turns into Wolverine's personal pistol to bitch slap Scott Summers with (can we get a pic of that?).

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  2. Puundragon

Puundragon The Mighty Puundragon

Hulk wins against any Decepticon especially Megatron.

The cannon is not a problem. Hulk has similar regenerative powers as Wolverine. Vector of the U-foes melted most of his skin and a lot of muscle off in Hulk 398. He regenerated in under a minute.
    Incredible Hulk vol. 2 #398

His strength is nearly limitless and still untested as to where his limits are. Hulk said it best, "Hulk is the strongest there is". The more Cons they throw at him the angrier he gets. He will simply smash, rip, rend, and crush all Decepticons.

3. binglesbot

binglesbot Well-Known Member

TFA Megatron will talk the Hulk down. He's been known to use more than just brute force. Sweet talk the Hulk and get him reverted back to Banner then Megatron smash.

4. Puundragon

Puundragon The Mighty Puundragon

Very very true in that point. That Megatron is a smooth talker. Sumdac fell for that line and he was supposed to be brillant. I only have 2 arguments:

1 . What if it wasn't a that incarnation of the Hulk that transforms back to Banner when he's calm ie: Gray Hulk and Smart Hulk? However Banner/Hulk is the most common mutation.

2. What about the hairtrigger Hulk reflex? There have been times where you think that Banner has been crushed, burnt, blown to bits only to see the Green Goliath standing in the rubble.

5. Monte Williams

Monte Williams Deconstructicon

As the photographer, I have final say, and I say Megatron wins, 'cause he's secretly a Venture Bros. fan, and he has learned from Brock Lesnar that one must urinate on the remains in order to defile them.

Right when the formerly-Logan pile of ash starts to twitch, Megatron goes all Bumblebee-On-Turturro on it for the win.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm a hater because I think Wolvy surviving a nuke is lame? Well alrighty then.

My problem is when there's nothing left that's living tissue there shouldn't BE any healing. But hey, Wolverine is just Marvel's very own Drift( and yes, that is a joke) so I guess I shouldn't be so surprised they made him totally invincible if even for a little while.

But hey like I said, I don't read Wolverine so I don't know his circumstances or power levels anymore since I haven't read much of anything about him since he became Adimantiumless.

7. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Normal people survived Hiroshima. They were a little further away from ground zero, but still...

And OK, I can understand most of these complaints, but coming from a guy who reads HULK it's a little funny. Hulk is not only indestructible, but he has a healing factor as fast as Wolverine's in the event that he does get hurt, and in one issue of World War Hulk, he beat up MAGIC. Yes, he beat up MAGIC with his fists. If you want to look at the picture of overpowered, it's the Hulk. At least Wolverine gets his butt kicked more often than not...he merely survives it. Hulk just beats up everything and survives everything...he's the Triple H of the comics universe.

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True normal people survived Hiroshima, but THEY didn't have their skin/muscle/fat etc incinerated.:wink: 

And actually what's funny is that you're the second person to comment on how I read Hulk, yet other than me saying that that's all I read I've said nothing more about him. I haven't said "Hulk rules all" or Hulk kicks Wolvie's ass" yet people have to point out how "overpowered" he is. What's even funnier is that my favorite version of him is the Fixit persona, which is the weakest version of him.

Ah well, my bad, Wolverine is the greatest of all and would absolutely DESTROY Unicron before he could even lift a finger.

Are all the Wolvie fans happy now?:lol 

9. binglesbot

binglesbot Well-Known Member

Ok I have to come clean here and admit I don't really know much about the Hulk except the Banner/Hulk thing from some early comics, the TV series and both movies (even the Ang Lee one which I like). But if we're just narrowing our scope to that for my benefit, I think Megatron would probably try to recruit rather than destroy Banner. Hulk/Banner wouldn't agree and they would ride off into the sunset separately because neither Marvel nor Hasbro want to kill either cash cows just yet. :) 

10. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Of course if it was red Hulk he'd just snap his figers and that would be enough to destroy the Autobots, Decepticons, Unicron.....hell even Primus, he's just THAT badass!:D 

11. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

And that's where the mutant part comes in.

I haven't said Wolverine would beat Hulk at all. Clearly he can't, because he CAN'T PUNCH MAGIC. :rolleyes:  I'm just saying that a lot of people pick on that one scene of Wolverine regenerating from a skeleton and seem to forget all the wacky moments their own favorite heroes had in comic books, Hulk especially. Batman was once a genie. Captain America was once a werewolf. Hulk once punched magic. Spider-man was once a mystical totem spirit. Comic book superpowers are notoriously inconsistent. Some days Superman can travel faster than light, some days he can't even beat a sub-sonic Wally West in a footrace.

No, I'm agreeing that it's stupid to have a character who is too overpowered. I'm just suggesting that Wolverine isn't even in the top 50 list of superheroes who are too powerful for their own good. I mean...he's legitimately died like two or three times in as many years, hasn't he? That alone should tell you he isn't unbeatable.

12. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    most Marvel Heros would get thier arse handed to them in a 1vs 1 fight vs any of the skilled TFs,

Prime would own most evil guys, so would Megsy and Galvatron to.

Then there is the bigger ones.. combiners, citybots... TF > Marvel heros.

of course some exceptions would there probbaly be but in general.

13. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know, and that's the part that irks me, without cells or tissue there's no more mutant gene.

I never said you did, but yeah punching magic =:wtf: 

And I agree with you on this, although I have NO idea how many times he should've died.:lol 

My main beef with this is the fact there was nothing that Wolverine's healing factor had to work with, at least by those few pictures. If there's more to it like his brain(preferably) or SOMETHING remained intact to work then I'd concede, cause at least it'd put his healing more into the realm of being possible....or at least more possible for a comic.

And if it makes you feel better I felt the same way when the Maestro was atomized only to slowly piece himself back together eventually.

14. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

YES! You are the hater of all things that needn't be hated. You sir are the Hater's Hater!

I honestly could give a phuk, considering it aint the characters that get overpowered so much as it is the writers who decide that's the direction to go, so argument is subjective at best.

What is more interesting, and follow me with this, is that this thread actually turned into a serious debate of Megatron vs Wolverine when it was clearly just some cool pics someone took of the two figs in the interest of pulling off something cool looking, lol.

We ARE geeks. What more can be said? Embrace it.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True, very true.:lol 

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Megatron wins because he is practically imortal, too, plus he can fly and is way cooler.

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He's all-powerful. He can throw a boat right over a hedge.

18. Jordo02

Jordo02 Well-Known Member

Imagine what Magneto would do to any Transformer.

19. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

His brain might have been intact inside the skull. Or marrow within the bones. I know I saw an eyeball in one of the shots. Also, they explain in Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk that at least in the Ultimate Universe, Wolverine's powers have less to do with healing, and more to do with his body's ability to adapt in a way that allows him to survive anything.

20. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

no contest, megatron kicks wolverine's ass!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.